• 6(current)
Release Confluence Revamp'ed themes for Kodi (v16 & v17)
And not trying to bug you here but I also saw you working on the bookmarks/chapter. I noticed the icon for bookmarks in Kodi is the icon commonly representing new. The propper icon would be a star icon. I saw this icon in video osd.
Star is favorites, so using that isnt right imo, the bookmark icon is a page in default confluence, I didnt see the need to use a different visual identifier, now the bookmark window is also used for chapters, what I proposed was a label change to accommodate and reflect this.
So now visually if anything is to change then a icon that represents both chapters/bookmarks would be ideal, no idea what that would be if any.

Suggestions welcome but star no, its used for favorites and that is not what this is.
(2015-08-09, 02:26)uNiversal Wrote: Star is favorites, so using that isnt right imo, the bookmark icon is a page in default confluence, I didnt see the need to use a different visual identifier, now the bookmark window is also used for chapters, what I proposed was a label change to accommodate and reflect this.
So now visually if anything is to change then a icon that represents both chapters/bookmarks would be ideal, no idea what that would be if any.

Suggestions welcome but star no, its used for favorites and that is not what this is.

That's just naming;
visually users needs some recognition and this "new" icon isn't related to any "bookmark icon", "chapter icon" and "favorites icon". Besides, it's not just to add something new but also a collection of startpoints in the video. So most media players choose a star, which to me makes most sense as well.

Bookmark and favorites are the same. Browsers use those terms as synonyms. In a video-context, bookmarks are more common.
--
New icon is a sheet with a asterisk type thing. ( I could put a small start inside here if that would help and modify default confluence as well but it need to happen there also)
Here is the clincher, this is for the default skin and if the main skin was to use a better icon, the theme would use that as well, because one must maintain the familiarity between theme / default theme. This isnt a skin mod but rather a facelift type thing.

If you have a better suggestion that invokes bookmark/chapter I'll consider it and even try to add it to default skin but it has to happen in default skin as well where this is concerned for user Interface familiarity.
However, my PR to rename window title to Bookmarks / Chapters has not been accepted yet and until it does and some better icon is suggested nothing will happen for sure here.

Make a better suggestion and lest take it from there.
I would say a combination between star/bookmark and chapter: https://www.iconfinder.com/icons/217115/..._star_icon
I was thinking of the star inside the current icon.

IMO there should be a separate dialog for bookmarks and chapters, it would be accessed via a subtitles type dialog when you hover over the bookmark icon, then you go and select bookmarks or chnapters and the right dialog would load. Unfortunately I cant do that otherwise I submit that to main skin.
This having a mixed dialog for both when you are mixing bookmarks with chapters looks messy and half arsed.

The respective code for that subtitles thisng is https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/473043...#L286-L393 for reference sake. My attempts have all failed.
Some conditional logic to show either bookmark, chapters, none or combi seems the best solution. In most case GUI get's a lot simpler and in all cases it is better. Then there are only 3 or 4 icons on the right which is a lot more comforting for users.

But this would also need 2 extra icon: star and current sheet with a star combined.

Ps. What's that CD icon doing there? Is only active when dvd/cd is inserted? Seems also useless to me.
Not being a skinner/developer Im limited to what I can offer, but its my understanding that more icons while ideal for each particular use (within reason) is just not possible, you dont have space in UI for all the things you need.

In any case I only mentioned what I thought would be best, not being a skinner or developer and this only being a theme I cant do much from my side but what I can do I contribute back to project so everyone can enjoy.

Dont ask me about any cd icons and optical media handling, its a thorn and peeve of my Kodi usage side due to the limited and quite buggy support to optical media types.
The CD icon is disabled state, if you insert a dvd it will become active, however does not work for audio cd's, I guess it can be shown conditionally, Ive no idea how to address that (I'll look into it) but it can be achieved via skinning.
Same for musicOSD: Cluttered with 3 icons for vizualisation while not giving direct access to current playlist. And also that silly CD icon.

Another thing: When pausing slideshow, a written pause is in top right corner. In both other players a pause icon is shown at the right bottom.
Actually there are OSD icons for accessing playlists, but I dont see them anywhere at any time, the visualization could also be improved but again, those are issues you should bring to Kodi developers though, here we can do nothing but discuss issues and theories to no end whatsover.

The cd icon could be conditionally shown if there's optical media, but idk again how to address that and beyond the scope of this thread/theme except for discussing it to no real end.
The visualization could be again like a subtitles submenu pop up type thing, again cant do jack about that.

What I can do is redesign the chapters/bookmarks icon and submit the redesign to upstream and make own compatible version to the themes. Expect that within this week. If it gets accepted upstream, Ill change it accordingly in theme.
ok, I'll stop bugging you. ;-)
(2015-08-11, 19:48)Robotica Wrote: ok, I'll stop bugging you. ;-)

Well You had me looking at code and this is result https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7789

Lets see what people say its really not my area.
(2015-08-12, 13:40)uNiversal Wrote:

Well You had me looking at code and this is result https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7789

Nice! But I also think it's wrong that the recording button isn't close to player control like play, pause, rewind, back etc. IMO it's on the wrong side of musicOSD.
(2015-08-12, 14:56)Robotica Wrote:
(2015-08-12, 13:40)uNiversal Wrote:

Nice! But I also think it's wrong that the recording button isn't close to player control like play, pause, rewind, back etc. IMO it's on the wrong side of musicOSD.

Im not going to do anything about the record button being where it is, I dont care tbh you can deal with that if it bothers you so much Wink

About the Bookmark icon see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7791

And I think that goes above and beyond the theme thread and addresses all the issues talked about and concludes this part of things (dont get used to me fixing the skin I only did it this time only because I happened to be able to do something about it and was also annoying me.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confluence Revamp'ed themes for Kodi (v16 & v17)0