• 7(current)
Release Confluence Revamp'ed themes for Kodi (v16 & v17)
I think you're the only one bothering about Confluence but I think your work is great. So thanks for both (and all your other) PR's.

I think I found some stuff you didn't touch: When from home entering a section (video, music, settings, etc) and have a look top-left. All those icons look to big, are not really catchy and some are simple not good.

Is that something you missed on purpose?
What icons? Ive redone most of them, screenshots?
See changelog for 5.04

Notable changes

* New OSDBookmarkFO / NF - This is now more like a bookmark or chapter type image. Upstream PR https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7791
* New Video flags both redesigned and new types added
* V16 alpha2 added a new KeyboardBackKey (at this time is just a straight copy from default)
* Cleanup - removed unused textures which never went upstream and were removed upstream and are now unused.

Updated the compressed xbt for themes for download and usage

Download at https://github.com/un1versal/revamped.th...s/tag/5.04

Feedback welcome

Please enjoy.
Im proud to release a script for Linux users to simplify the download and installation of the themes automatically into the correct directories in Confluence skin.

The script is a work in progress, it works as is and performs well as expected, however there are some non critical issues that will be addressed as soon as I figure out how to solve them.

Intro and instructions and able to review the code below.

Revamp'ed theme downloader home page

Special thanks to wsnipex for his help, it made it possible to release the script sooner than I anticipated since a couple of roadblocks were making me pull my remaining hair out.
Hi Universal,

Your finished product is a 33Mb zip-file. Once extracted over default Confluence, is it necessary to keep the 11 mb folder "extracted textures"? And can I delete unused xbt's and correspongind .xml and .jpg? I am doing a little cleanup and would like to rename your xbt to textures.xbt as well. Effectivly this is replacing default Confluence xbt with your theme, shaving away a few other Mb's. Is this possible?

TIA
Do whatever works for you as long as it works.

The extracted textures aren't needed for the themes and only there for providing extracted textures and for the more curious.

If you use Linux you can use the theme installer I just released and save downloading the extracted textures.
See changelog for 5.05

Notable changes

* New KeyboardDoneKey.png This is exclusive to Jarvis v16 nightlies, so if you are on Helix v15 you can skip this update.

Updated the compressed xbt for themes for download and usage

Download at https://github.com/un1versal/revamped.th...s/tag/5.05

Reminder

If you are a Linux user then good news, from v5.0.4 onwards there is now available a Linux script dubbed Revamp'ed downloader which you run and it automatically downloads and copies the necessary files only to the correct directories.

If you are a Windows, OS X or Android user and can script a similar solution, please feels free to do so and I will happily include such solutions here.
Else follow the instructions as usual.

Feedback welcome

Please enjoy.
Hi uNiversal... I noticed those slidescreens on the left have an arrow to the right. But when opened they don't have an arrow to the left. Maybe that's something for you..
Very cryptic messages you send, not sure what you are talking about.
For OpenELEC users. Since the file system is not writable in OpenELEC the users can not use this theme without coping first the whole skin but then they will loose the updates, since it is not used from original location anymore which is updated.
Anyway here is a little tweak that allows you to use original skin from the read-only directory with this theme update.

All you have to do is create a directory named "skin.confluence" under "/storage/.kodi/addons/"
Code:
mkdir /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence

Then download this revamped skin and extract it into that directory.

After you have done that all you have to do is create some symbolic links:
Code:
ln -s /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/icon.png /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/icon.png
ln -s /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/changelog.txt /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/changelog.txt
ln -s /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/addon.xml /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/addon.xml
ln -s /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/language/ /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/language
ln -s /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/fonts/ /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/fonts
ln -s /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p/ /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p
ln -s /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/colors/defaults.xml /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/colors/defaults.xml
ln -s /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/media/Textures.xbt /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/media/Textures.xbt
ln -s /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/media/Makefile /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/media/Makefile

Now you can use this revamped theme without loosing updates to default skin.
(2015-10-02, 07:31)illiac4 Wrote: For OpenELEC users. Since the file system is not writable in OpenELEC the users can not use this theme without coping first the whole skin but then they will loose the updates, since it is not used from original location anymore which is updated.
Anyway here is a little tweak that allows you to use original skin from the read-only directory with this theme update.

All you have to do is create a directory named "skin.confluence" under "/storage/.kodi/addons/"
Code:
mkdir /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence

Then download this revamped skin and extract it into that directory.

After you have done that all you have to do is create some symbolic links:
Code:
ln -s /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/icon.png /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/icon.png
ln -s /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/changelog.txt /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/changelog.txt
ln -s /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/addon.xml /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/addon.xml
ln -s /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/language/ /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/language
ln -s /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/fonts/ /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/fonts
ln -s /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p/ /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p
ln -s /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/colors/defaults.xml /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/colors/defaults.xml
ln -s /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/media/Textures.xbt /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/media/Textures.xbt
ln -s /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/media/Makefile /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/media/Makefile

Now you can use this revamped theme without loosing updates to default skin.

Very neat, this could probably even be done with default skin on regular Linux and android systems that support symlinking.

Thanks for this great post btw.
My github username has changed to match the rest

Ive updated any links I could find in the releases and main posts to point to the correct path so unless you looking at old pages you shouldnt notice anything special, but if you come across any brone lings replace > uNiversaI < for un1versal and youre done.

https://github.com/un1versal is the then Github home.
Im proud to introduce to you v6.0 of the Revamp'ed theme releases for Confluence in Kodi v17 and newer.
Only users for Kodi version 17 (Kraken I think) need to download and install these v6.0 themes.

Kodi v17 alpha1 has been tagged in master earlier today.
That brought a rating of 1-10 and respective graphics which have now been included in v6.0 of the Revamp'ed theme releases.

For v6.x only, I have finally moved the uncompressed textures to own branch separate branch, something users have requested a few times before Smile, making the downloads smaller for those people only interested in the themes and download them manually.

To grab the v6.x Revamp'ed theme release visit https://github.com/un1versal/revamped.th...es/tag/6.0

If you are interested in the uncompressed textures for v6.0 visit https://github.com/un1versal/revamped.th...compressed

Notes:
Users of Kodi v16 and lower should use v5.x of the theme releases
The automatic update script only works for v5.x of the themes at this time.

v6.x themes are part of the new and default revamp-ed branch
v5.x themes are part of the old revamp branch

Thank you for reading.
NEWS

Hello folks!

For those adventurous enough to rock Kodi v17 Krypton the Kodi dev team added defaulticons for addonmanager root in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8722
As usual in the usual fashion our lovely revamp'ed themes are the first to sport icon entries for this addition.

So without further delay please grab the 6.0.1 Revamp'ed release here.

If you use the Revamp'ed theme downloader just run the script as usual to enjoy the latest release in the usual fashion.

Note: If you use Kodi v16 Jarvis instead, you dont need to download this update.

In other news MrMC users will benefit from the revamped theme as default for the MrMC skin which is the same as the Confluence skin since their 1.3.0 version.

Enjoy
BUGFIX Release

Due to some genuine PEBCAK v6.0 and 6.0.1 contained an extra folder with Centerating textures that was removed in pre alpha1 in v17, Kodi is apparently unable to deal with the extra folder inside the compressed textures and the result was a lovely corrupted skin when selecting any the revamp'ed themes.

IMO this is a Kodi bug but none-the-less was easily fixed by removing that flder and repackaging textures...

Please grab Revamp'ed themes v 6.0.2 from here and the problems should be fixed (tested)

Probably had no complains which probably means no one has the courage to use alpha builds Big Grin

My apologies and enjoy
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confluence Revamp'ed themes for Kodi (v16 & v17)0