• 1(current)
Cloud Media 4K XBMC Player
Title says it all really, they just announce it today Smile
Only android confirmed so far but looks like could be linux too:

http://www.cloudmedia.com/openhour/
Looks interesting, but my questions would be:
- How will this be better than the plethora of Android boxes available these days?
- Will it support HD audio (DTS-MA, TrueHD)?
- Will it support 3D ISO's or MVC MKV's?
- Will it display proper 23.976 and 24fps for film content?
- Native Kodi or Cloud Media's own fork?

Also, Cloud Media (Syabas) has a long history of delivering half-baked products at launch (A-400 series, A-300, etc.), so I wouldn't expect any different from Open Hour. They do improve their products over time, but usually takes 6 months to a year of firmware improvements.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I agree it takes them a while to sort out the firmware for their players and they are answering questions about this player: https://www.facebook.com/openhourlab and
http://forum.openhourlab.com/index.php

So they've said the hardware supports HD audio and they're working on 3d iso so time will tell i suppose.
Hmmm looks like it supports other OS besides Android.. Very interested...

(2014-09-02, 13:35)hdmkv Wrote: Also, Cloud Media (Syabas) has a long history of delivering half-baked products at launch (A-400 series, A-300, etc.), so I wouldn't expect any different from Open Hour. They do improve their products over time, but usually takes 6 months to a year of firmware improvements.

Also very true unfortunately..

I'm wondering if anyone from XBMC can confirm they are working with them since they are saying on Facebook they are.

(2014-09-02, 14:08)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: Hmmm looks like it supports other OS besides Android.. Very interested...

Yea looks like android confirmed and linux and (whatever that other symbol is Smile ) to be confirmed. And they've said hdmi 2.0
Yeah, I already jumped ship from Syabas because of the state of the A-400 firmware (which is still a buggy mess). I previously owned and loved the A-110 and A-210 but they've completely lost their way. Even at this attractive price point, I have zero faith in them now and can only do my best to warn off anyone who hasn't had experience with them.
(2014-09-02, 14:21)beeswax Wrote: Yeah, I already jumped ship from Syabas because of the state of the A-400 firmware (which is still a buggy mess). I previously owned and loved the A-110 and A-210 but they've completely lost their way. Even at this attractive price point, I have zero faith in them now and can only do my best to warn off anyone who hasn't had experience with them.

Yea some of their players have been buggy but to be fair they were doing all the work on those players disk player, file player, jukebox, apps, OS etc... In theory with this player it seems like there will be less for their team to perfect if they are porting xbmc.
(2014-09-02, 14:08)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: Hmmm looks like it supports other OS besides Android.. Very interested...

(2014-09-02, 13:35)hdmkv Wrote: Also, Cloud Media (Syabas) has a long history of delivering half-baked products at launch (A-400 series, A-300, etc.), so I wouldn't expect any different from Open Hour. They do improve their products over time, but usually takes 6 months to a year of firmware improvements.

Also very true unfortunately..

I'm wondering if anyone from XBMC can confirm they are working with them since they are saying on Facebook they are.

I say liar liar pants on fire.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
With VidOn.me (with their upcoming VidOn Box) and maybe Tronsmart doing something similar, a wait-and-see may be better unless we choose to be a guinea pig for one of them.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
never trust cloudmedia i'm still waiting for a decent firmware for my a300
Hi All,

I represent Cloud Media and I am happy to answer your questions here.

Currently, Rockchip the CPU manufacturer and Cloud Media is working directly with XBMC team for a customise XBMC for the Open Hour Chameleon.

- How will this be better than the plethora of Android boxes available these days?
Our main difference is the ability to boot directly from SD card and passive cooling aluminium casing.

- Will it support HD audio (DTS-MA, TrueHD)?
Yes, we will be support passthrough.

- Will it support 3D ISO's or MVC MKV's?
Rock chip will work with XBMC to support this in future.

- Will it display proper 23.976 and 24fps for film content?
Yes

- Native Kodi or Cloud Media's own fork?
Currently H.265 hardware support is fork from XBMC. Eventually the RK3288 native playback might merge into Kodi main branch but for faster support, we might release a fork version for users when it is ready.
What's the deinterlacing like on something like this? Will it fully support Linux?
(2014-09-02, 15:57)OpenHour Wrote: Currently, Rockchip the CPU manufacturer and Cloud Media is working directly with XBMC team for a customise XBMC for the Open Hour Chameleon.
Strange then that I'm not aware of any such activity, could you provide a name of who you are working with? Also could you make sure to read our forum rules paying particular attention to Forum_rules#No_solicitation (wiki)
Lol jjd-uk I had the exact same reaction. Haven't seen anything about working with them in any fashion.
Sitting here with popcorn now...

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cloud Media 4K XBMC Player7