• 32(current)
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]
(2019-04-23, 07:52)Harri Wrote: I really liked the MX3, but using Linux kernel 4.18.x or newer it went mad: Apparently the mouse mode seems to generate cursor movements in parallel. Makes the air mouse completely unusable for kodi. If I move back to an older kernel the problem is gone.

Its surely not a problem of kodi. Anybody out there having the same?
Same problem here. I'd love to be able to use my remote again. I stepped back using one without a keyboard, which works, but I really miss the MX3.
Hi.

First of all thank you for the fantastic work mapping this command.

I have managed to configure it to my liking but I need to configure the on/shutdown button, what is the virtual key for this button?

Thanks, greetings.
(2019-04-27, 20:58)andzep Wrote:
(2019-04-23, 07:52)Harri Wrote: I really liked the MX3, but using Linux kernel 4.18.x or newer it went mad: Apparently the mouse mode seems to generate cursor movements in parallel. Makes the air mouse completely unusable for kodi. If I move back to an older kernel the problem is gone.

Its surely not a problem of kodi. Anybody out there having the same?
Same problem here. I'd love to be able to use my remote again. I stepped back using one without a keyboard, which works, but I really miss the MX3. 
I have the same problem. Please fix it.
Here is a quick list i made of available remotes.

Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with unify (keyboard from logitech are bluetooth and not portable like keyboard)
Logitech Harmony 650
Logitech bluetooth keyboard
MINIX NEO M1 (too few buttons)
FireTV Voice Remote (too few buttons)
Measy RC11 (no remote, only very big keyboard)
MINIX A2 (has audio port)
Tronsmart TSM-01 (too few buttons)
iPazzPort KP-810-19R (not available wildly, very colory buttons)
iPazzport KP-810-16 (no mute button)
Mele RF05 (mic and speaker)
Mele RF03 (non removable battery, no IR Learning)
Rii i13 4 in 1 (has audio port, pops as sound card when connected)
rii i25a (has audio port, auto wake air mouse)
rii i25 V1 (has little infra red buttons, look for V2)
ipazzport KP-810-30 (not multiple devices)
ipazzport KP-810-30HS (too few buttons)
iPazzPort KP-810-18R (too few buttons)
iPazzPort KP-810-23 (too big receiver and too few buttons)
Mele F10 (Rechargeable, concentration on airmouse middle button, no numpad, enough buttons, no trackpad, very good airmouse)
FM5S (cheap chinese, not many buttons, internet explorer button)
iPazzPort KP-810-27R (same as mx3 variant)
MX3 (there is a version with voice input on the blue button)
MX3-M From Rii same as mx3 from aerb
MX 3 from rii (has many copies) MX3 is sold by several manufacturers including Vigica and Aerb (Good air mouse, aaa batteries, unable to change buttons mapping)
One for all Essence 4 (can't update on internet)
One For All Simple 4 (update on interenet, freebox ok, media player ok, batteries, 4 appareils, learn, can assign individual button to remote)
Favormates (or Newest T6) (looses connection, only one IR button)
Meliconi Gumbody Digital 5 web (5 appareils, learn, emission grand angle, macro, programmable via audio port)
Superior Electronics Freedom 4 in 1
Superior Electronics Superior 4 in 1
WESOPRO MP3 (no play pause button)
MINIX Neo A2 Lite (too few buttons, very good air mouse, no infrared for learning)
Rii i25 v2 (Azerty, IR Learning, airmouse, very good, all the buttons ok, sometimes the air mouse has to be disabled all the time depending on version of the remote). But the directional pad is only IR.
KP-810-30 (infra red 8 keys, airmouse, mute button, 2 aaa batteries, big buttons, no touchpad, air mouse default on, and sometimes not recognized on reboot)
T6C : trackpad, multiple colours backlight, only one IR button
DoCooler H1 Air Fly (qwerty, has touchpad very big, airmouse, touch keyboard, not the backlit version for play pause, press down for not enabling the airmouse, airmouse auto enables back, and the keyboard sometimes default to touchpad, not waf acceptable)

*Rii i25 v3 (Qzerty and Azerty, IR Learning, airmouse, very good, all the buttons ok, sometimes the air mouse has to be disabled all the time depending on version of the remote) New version has only 5 IR buttons, the directionnal ones are for Media Center
*Kebidu G7 Fly Air Mouse 2.4GHz (enough buttons, 5 ir programmable, mute, play pause, airmouse doesn't auto enable, simple to use)
*KP-810-19RS (no fly air mouse, touchpad, 10 keys IR, looks good)
I also have one remote not mentioned here: Measy GP811. It looks almost identical to MX3. The difference is that it works also in new Linux kernels. But unfortunately it can not learn IR of my TV (Panasonic). My sound system remote can be learned without any problems.

So now I have Two almost identical remotes. MX3 where IR works perfectly but immediately freezes when using air mouse in Linux. The other one is this Measy GP811 which works perfectly in Linux but can not learn IR. I'm really mad. Why there is no remote with all important buttons (QWERTY with Ctrl, Alt, Tab, Cursor, Esc, Backspace), ability to learning more IR buttons and flawless air mouse in Linux. This situation is really absurd.
Btw. there is a bug report filled for this problem: MX3 Linux Kernel issue

But it seems nobody cares to fix it. :-(
If you upgrade the kernel to 5.4.14 it will work as intended again. Might be that at least 5.4.0 will work, but I haven't tried it.
If you're unsure about upgrading, you can use ukuu(Google it).
I realise this is an old thread.

but wondering if any one has experience using the MX3-M remote with kodi  (currently have kodi running on a pi4)

The remote works in a sense the qwerty keyboard on the reverse works perfectly but the key pad on the front doesn't. only the direction controls work nothing is there way I can program the front keypad to work with kodi? (libreelec)
(2021-03-10, 12:57)pauldougwatts Wrote: I realise this is an old thread.

but wondering if any one has experience using the MX3-M remote with kodi  (currently have kodi running on a pi4)

The remote works in a sense the qwerty keyboard on the reverse works perfectly but the key pad on the front doesn't. only the direction controls work nothing is there way I can program the front keypad to work with kodi? (libreelec)

Have you tried remapping the keys on the remote?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor
(2021-03-10, 13:15)Alex.L Wrote:
(2021-03-10, 12:57)pauldougwatts Wrote: I realise this is an old thread.

Have you tried remapping the keys on the remote?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

I have i just tied again but still no luck, 

I guess im doing it correct?

key map editor - edit - global - navigation - select item (enter) - edit key - it then asks me to press the key i want to assign. so i press the ok button on the front of the remote (which is the one I want to assign as select... but nothing happens it dosnt register that i have pressed a key?
https://www.pepper-jobs.com/products/w10...art-remote

W10 GYRO

This is the mouse i use now. It's perfect ! Long range and everything !!!!!
Hi,
Thanks for the old thread, on the MX3 Air Mouse.

I too, tried to re-map in Kodi, on Windows, and got no where.

I appreciated the link to the W10 Pepper Jobs mouse, and have ordered one to try.

But, the MX3, was a third of the price.... so just wondering if anyone ever got it working correctly with Kodi, or, might suggest a different model that creates a good "$15 Kodi remote option"? :-)

thanks!
(2022-02-18, 22:10)Andrew Bienhaus Wrote: Hi,
Thanks for the old thread, on the MX3 Air Mouse.

I too, tried to re-map in Kodi, on Windows, and got no where.

I appreciated the link to the W10 Pepper Jobs mouse, and have ordered one to try.

But, the MX3, was a third of the price.... so just wondering if anyone ever got it working correctly with Kodi, or, might suggest a different model that creates a good "$15 Kodi remote option"? :-)

thanks!
This is the remote ( G30S) that I use for Android and Kodi....... It is fantastic and fairly inexpensive.  There are two versions, the "S" one supports programming 33 IR keys.  I still use the MX3 for windows, but NOT Android or Kodi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GEc8EB0P_0&t=53s
Sorry for restarting this thread.
Replaced the older MX3 I had. On the prev one the button off turned off the pc. The new one is pressing the off button is linked to the sleep function.

How do I remap the off button of the airmouse? W10 latest update.
(2023-08-21, 13:07)noob00224 Wrote: How do I remap the off button of the airmouse? W10 latest update.
First thing I'd check is Windows power management buttons options (Old Control Panel -> Power Management  -> Menu on the left).
If everything is correct but still misbehaving, I'd try to remap the airmouse button function through AutoHotkey
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]7