• 30(current)
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]
Thanks for the tips JCTennis.
The problem continues...
Yesterday I changed the USB receiver from being connected through a 4-fer to being directly plugged into the top of the computer. I also turned off all power saving on all USB root hubs.
Today I had the same problem again. The remote control stopped working. Unplugging and then re-plugging in the receiver fixed the problem.
Thanks for sharing that link RJay. I'm almost ready to give the device a negative review on Amazon. I'll wait a few more days to see if anything pops up here.
(2018-03-18, 16:37)compupix Wrote: Thanks for sharing that link RJay. I'm almost ready to give the device a negative review on Amazon. I'll wait a few more days to see if anything pops up here.
 Not a problem @compupix . Unfortunately I wouldn't be too hopeful I have been dealing with the issue for quite a few months and it took me ages just to find any mention of that issue to start with. Then from the other thread you will see I have tried testing pretty much everything and with no win. Disappointing but I have also tried pretty much every combo airmouse/kb on the market now and none of them are really any good or a missing a major feature like being backlit which makes them pretty hopeless.

Pretty much at the point of conceding to the fact will need a to have a keyboard and a remote as separate devices. The Logitech K830 is gold and already have one of those so might just get a Logitech Harmony
Thanks again rjay. The vendor who sold me the rii has offered me a refund or a replacement. I took the refund.
I will take a look at the Logitech line, but those are larger than what I am looking for. (I solved the lack of back lighting by using a silver Sharpie to encircle the most important key to me, the mute.)
Hi,

>>> HERE IS THE WINDOWS SOLUTION <<<

I got the MX3 Air Mouse in Windows and in Kodi 17.6 to work...

1. If you have replaced the keymap xml's replace them with the originals from kodi.
2. Connect a normal keyboard to your PC.
3. Go in the Start menu to   Addons > User-Addons > All   then you will see a list of all installed addons in your kodi.
4. Search the entry "JOYSTICK SUPPORT" press enter and "DEACTIVATE" it.
5. After that connect the MX3 dongle to your PC and the Air Mouse will be detected now as Keyboard.

Sorry for the bad english...
with best regards
Gerhard
@Gerhard thanks for the info, so this is the fix for the remote going "unresponsive" ? and the reason is by default Kodi is detecting it as a Game controller rather than a KB?

I will give this a spin and see if it makes any difference as I have stock keymaps as the MX3 in Kodi from a key perspective is near perfect out of the box.

TBH I have moved to using Logitech backlit KB when rarely needed and a Logitech Elite remote which also has some advantages from a Home Automation perspective.
(2017-06-26, 01:32)tylla Wrote: I recently got hold of two MX3 remotes (it was _really cheap_ as both were ordered from eBay as T3 and received from China as MX3, so refundSmile)).
As I use it with Linux (Debian Jessie, Gnome3) I thought I will share my findings, maybe somebody will get some use of it.

First the functions:
The remotes are MX3 models (or MXIII as sometimes are referred to), so no audio feature.
They get recognized on the USB as a composit HID device with VendorID:2389 and ProductID:00A8 which is not matched with any known vendor and/or product.
The state of the mouse gets memorized until battery changing.
The remote has 3 state changing buttons: TV, MOUSE DISABLE, Fn (on the backside), all other keys are sending valid, recognizable keycodes.

Now the keycode/value layout map. The position of each entry is matched with the physical position of the corresponding button on the remote. This is the air mouse/D-pad side, the keyboard side is pretty straightforward.
Code:
Keycode layout for the MXIII RF Remote and Air Mouse:
Keycodes marked with asterisk (*) send their codes through the second input device (keyboard), while all other keycodes come through the mouse device.

KEY_POWER (10081)

KEY_PREVIOUSSONG(c00b6) KEY_NEXTSONG(c00b5)     KEY_REWIND(c00b4)       KEY_FASTFORWARD(c00b3)
*KEY_F3(7003c)          KEY_PLAYPAUSE(c00cd)    KEY_ZOOMIN(c022d)       KEY_ZOOMOUT(c022e)

*KEY_COMPOSE(70065)     KEY_HOMEPAGE (c0223)    BTN_RIGHT(90002)

KEY_UP (70052)
                  KEY_LEFT(70050)   KEY_ENTER(70028)  KEY_RIGHT(7004f)
                                    KEY_DOWN(70051)

KEY_VOLUMEUP(c00e9)                                                     *KEY_PAGEUP(7004b)
KEY_VOLUMEDOWN(c00ea)   KEY_MUTE(c00e2)         MOUSE_ON_OFF(N/A)       *KEY_PAGEDOWN(7004e)

*KEY_1(7001e)           *KEY_2(7001f)           *KEY_3(70020)           KEY_CONFIG(c0183)
*KEY_4(70021)           *KEY_5(70022)           *KEY_6(70023)           KEY_MAIL(c018a)
*KEY_7(70024)           *KEY_8(70025)           *KEY_9(70026)          *KEY_F2(7003b)
TV_RF_IR_SWITCH(N/A)    *KEY_0(70027)           *KEY_BACKSPACE(7002a)   KEY_WWW(c008a)

*KEY_F4(7003d)          *KEY_F5(7003e)          *KEY_F6(7003f)         *KEY_F7(70040)

These values can be used to create a map using udev:
Code:
#Keymap file for the MXIII RF Remote and Air Mouse device
#This file goes as 60-keyboard.hwdb into the /etc/udev/hwdb.d/ directory

#after changing this file, these commands should be run:
#udevadm hwdb --update
#udevadm trigger
#udevadm control --reload

keyboard:usb:v2389p00A8*
KEYBOARD_KEY_10081=f24     #KEY_POWER - Power Button
# KEYBOARD_KEY_c00b6=x        #KEY_PREVIOUSSONG
# KEYBOARD_KEY_c00b5=x        #KEY_NEXTSONG
# KEYBOARD_KEY_c00b4=x        #KEY_REWIND
# KEYBOARD_KEY_c00b3=x        #KEY_FASTFORWARD
# KEYBOARD_KEY_7003c=x        #KEY_F3*
# KEYBOARD_KEY_c00cd=x        #KEY_PLAYPAUSE
# KEYBOARD_KEY_c022d=x        #KEY_ZOOMIN
# KEYBOARD_KEY_c022e=x        #KEY_ZOOMOUT
# KEYBOARD_KEY_70065=x        #KEY_COMPOSE*
# KEYBOARD_KEY_c0223=x        #KEY_HOMEPAGE
KEYBOARD_KEY_90002=esc     #BTN_RIGHT - Back Button (to the right of Home)
Important: the forum engine eats the first (and single) space character in front of KEYBOARD_KEY_xxxx but it is a must.

The above code changes the Back button to send an Escape code, and the Power button to send an F24 code.
The first is (in my opinion) a much wiser choice for a Back button then the stock mouse right button.
The last is a hack for me to be able to make a custom script work, which will turn off the display on my machine (actually rather send the display to sleep) when I press Power.

Still thinking about the proper solution of the "missing Stop button" problem.

Btw: I ordered a T3-M remote, I'm looking forward to see the differences. We'll see in a few weeks.
Update: I received the T3-M and as I currently own both MX3 (2 of them :-) and a T3-M remote I must say the T3-M is way more thought out than the MX3. The T3 only sends keypresses through that device where they belong while the MX3 is more of a mumble-jumble, sending some keys using the mouse some keys using the keyboard device. And btw. on the T3-M they changed the key codes for the PrevSong/NextSong - Rew/FF keypairs to better match the symbol on the key.
I bought this remote from AliExpress. Ir works fine with Kodi (RPi with Libreelec), but zoomin, zoomout and blue (with internet Explorer symbol) keys are not working.
I'll try this todo check if i can make them work.
Thanks, works perfectly. Been annoying me for months
(2017-12-23, 12:59)YeYo Wrote: If anybody wants to get context menu working, just edit /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/appcommand.xml file and add lines marked with +  

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <global>
+    <keyboard>
+        <key id="61654">contextmenu</key>
+    </keyboard>
    <appcommand>
      <browser_back>Back</browser_back>
      <browser_forward/>
Thanks, works perfectly. Been annoying me for months
(2017-02-14, 17:31)raven6679 Wrote: If you have Windows and want to use my MX3 setup, feel free to download & modify & share my setup.

ImageMX3(a) remote control AutoHotkey file - remap some of the keysKODI keyboard.xml file for remapped MX3(a) remote control
Hello,

The links are dead, could you re-upload please?

thanks

Paul
Sorry, the solution for which problem? disconnecting USB?
Thanks in advance!!!
(2018-03-31, 20:26)Gerhard Wrote: Hi,

>>> HERE IS THE WINDOWS SOLUTION <<<

I got the MX3 Air Mouse in Windows and in Kodi 17.6 to work...

1. If you have replaced the keymap xml's replace them with the originals from kodi.
2. Connect a normal keyboard to your PC.
3. Go in the Start menu to   Addons > User-Addons > All   then you will see a list of all installed addons in your kodi.
4. Search the entry "JOYSTICK SUPPORT" press enter and "DEACTIVATE" it.
5. After that connect the MX3 dongle to your PC and the Air Mouse will be detected now as Keyboard.

Sorry for the bad english...
with best regards
Gerhard
Sorry, the solution for which problem? disconnecting USB?
Thanks in advance!!!
Hi. Is somebody able to make use of first row of keys in Android Kodi? (nVidia Shield).
Also some of other buttons seems to not giving any keycode at all or behave different in "general" and "fullscreenvideo".

[!] button, button next to "3", loupe with "+", loupe with "-" and microphone (IE button is some models) are not sending any keycode in Android (in my system, that is).
[!] button and button next to "3" WAS ACTUALLY sending some codes in Windows.
Is that correct? Or anybody seems to be able to map them?

Next case: blue "back" button sometimes works as "back" (backspace/ESC), but not in every condition and in every screen.
Should it be mapped like this in order to be working ALWAYS as back?
Code:
<mouse>
   <rightclick>Back</rightclick>
</mouse>

Then, the first row of multimedia keys and Play/Pause button.
From my experience, this buttons SHOULD react to keymap like this:
Code:
<prev_track> OR <key id="61627">
<next_track> OR <key id="61626">
<rewind> OR <key id="61636">
<fastforward> OR <key id="61637">
<play_pause>
but this is not true in my case. That is, mapping works when I'm on main screen or menu: <global> section.
But, these keys are NOT working in <fullscreenvideo>, when I actually watch a video.
It seems to me, that Android somehow override these 5 keys and in fullscreenvideo use them as "system" multimedia keys, not re-mapped Kodi keys.

Did someone manage to make use of them?

EDIT:

It seems like mapping it in <global> like this make back button works everywhere.
Code:
<mouse>
   <rightclick>Back</rightclick>
</mouse>
I got this remote and am using it with the Shield. One problem is that the remote goes to sleep automatically after a few minutes of video playback during Kodi/ MrMC. Is there any way to keep the remote active all the time?
You got wrong remote. Search this one: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...ght=2.4ghz
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]7