• 4(current)
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]
(2015-02-16, 07:44)chchia Wrote: Calinutz, i tested your script, but i gave up because my remote is different to yours, i dont have so many key available to PC.

anyway thank you!

Right .... if you have the one with mic, the exclamation key is dead (doesn't send any code to pc), but all others do. in the last version i posted, you can actually scan your buttons in the app, just in case your buttons send diffrent codes than mine does.

in a couple of days i'll post a version that allows you to associate actions to keys.

it would be great if you had tme to test it, and any sugestion is welcome.

cheers.
I have a slightly different setup (Kodi on Raspberry pi), but I'm confused. Can someone just post the keyboard.xml file that links up to this particular remote? Why is a separate app/script necessary?

It would be ideal if the xml file was commented with explanations on buttons and function, but anything would be appreciated.

Currently I am unable to test the buttons myself and have not had success using the keyboard xml currently posted in this thread. However, I am happy to post my findings and contribute additional input once I have things up and running the way I would like.

Thanks.
(2015-03-13, 22:37)ddman Wrote: I have a slightly different setup (Kodi on Raspberry pi), but I'm confused. Can someone just post the keyboard.xml file that links up to this particular remote? Why is a separate app/script necessary?

It would be ideal if the xml file was commented with explanations on buttons and function, but anything would be appreciated.

Currently I am unable to test the buttons myself and have not had success using the keyboard xml currently posted in this thread. However, I am happy to post my findings and contribute additional input once I have things up and running the way I would like.

Thanks.

I'm using this remote on raspberry pi just fine. What's your issue exactly? If you need to remap keys use the xbmc keymapper addon.
ddman, this app is for windows (tested only under win 7 and 8 x86).

I made it mainly because the "block mouse cursor key" doesn't work as it should. it just blocks the mouse cursor movement till the remote sleeps (a few seconds). And it just expanded from there.
The app is usefull if you don't feel confortable editing xbmc/kodi conf and xml files, and it seems to me, using it, is much more straightforward than the xbmc keymapper addon.

Also it provides the functionality to launch xbmc/kodi by clicking a remote key, which is otherwise achievable only by editing the registry.
calinutz, thank you for the explanation.

bluenote, can you please provide your xml file? I am using Kodi/OSMC on a pi 2 and Keymap Editor does not seem to work correctly. The remote works fine, but some of the buttons have no function and some I would like to tweak a little. Also, LIRC is not working properly (as a result of OSMC issues) so I could not generate the xml myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi,

In post #1, there's mention of the MX3-M coming in 2 versions, the 2nd version having "e" instead of mic symbol.

I think there are 2 different models: MX3 and MX3-M. See this thread: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...ser-Manual=

Vendors seem to use the wrong pictures, that makes it difficult. But one of them has only 5 programmable IR keys (power and the 4 coloured buttons at the buttom) and the other one has most keys on top ir-programmable. I think the MX3-M is the last one with the MIC symbol.

To those who have a Samsung smart-tv: can you use the number keys to switch channel, the volume, the power button and the channel up/down button?
If so, what model remote do you have? The first or the second and where did you buy it?

I'm asking this because I'm looking for a remote I can use for both a Samsung smart-tv and a androidbox (s89-H).

Wim
There has been a commit to deal with mousebutton(s) not working while moving the mouse around. But you need to run Isengard nightly or the alpha build.
See http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15670
(2015-03-30, 10:51)WimKl Wrote: Hi,

In post #1, there's mention of the MX3-M coming in 2 versions, the 2nd version having "e" instead of mic symbol.

I think there are 2 different models: MX3 and MX3-M. See this thread: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...ser-Manual=

Vendors seem to use the wrong pictures, that makes it difficult. But one of them has only 5 programmable IR keys (power and the 4 coloured buttons at the buttom) and the other one has most keys on top ir-programmable. I think the MX3-M is the last one with the MIC symbol.

To those who have a Samsung smart-tv: can you use the number keys to switch channel, the volume, the power button and the channel up/down button?
If so, what model remote do you have? The first or the second and where did you buy it?

I'm asking this because I'm looking for a remote I can use for both a Samsung smart-tv and a androidbox (s89-H).

Wim

Wim, first of all, since there is more than one manufacturer that makes this exact kind of remote, the name/model/version are not standardized so you can't really relay on that.
Until now, I have tried about 6 of this remotes, all unbranded, of which I found three different types:
1. It has Internet explorer symbol key, no mic hole, The only programmable IR keys are: Power, and the four colored keys on the bottom (red, green, yellow, blue). It does not have a mic, all keys work.
2. It has Internet explorer symbol key, it has a mic hole (but NOT the actual microphone inside), The only programmable IR keys are: Power, and the four colored keys at the bottom (red, green, yellow, blue). It does not have a mic, all keys work.
3. It has Microphone symbol key, it has a mic hole, it really has a working mic inside, all the keys from the remote side are IR programmable (I've only tested vol +-, PG +-, numbers, colored keys at the bottom). Exclamation key is dead.

When you buy your remote, just request some information about it (a confirmation it has mic, or voice support and all keys are IR programmable), an make sure you buy it someplace where they offer money back guarantee (like eBay for instance). Make sure not to overpay for it, I bought them between £10.00 - £13.99 a piece.
Hi calinutz,

Thanks for the long answer. I didn't know there were 3 versions....
Yes, I have already tried 2 vendors to give me more info before I buy. Waiting for response right now.

I guess there's not a vendor that consistently sells the correct item (correct images and text) so thanks for the tip about money back guarantee on ebay.

Wim
Calinutz,

I have a question about the 3rd version (with mic and all buttons programmable):
I read somewhere that everytime I want to use one of the learned ir-buttons I have to press the "TV"-button first to change to infrared mode.
Is that true? Before every key press? And then again to use the other functions??

Wim
I've just ran some tests with the third type of remote, and here's how it works:

the TV key has two fonctions:
- long press: remote enters IR codes learning mode, in which it obviously starts learning IR codes. You press it again (short press) and exits learning mode.
- short press: it switches to IR mode and starts sending IR codes as you press keys. You press TV key again to exit IR mode, and start sending RF.
So, the TV key works as a toggle betwen IR and RF mode. The remote actually keeps the toggle state even after it goes to sleep.
The mic key works just the same. Press it once, it activates the mic. Press it again and it deactivates the mic. The mic toggle state is also remembered by the remote (i guess mic being active even prevents remote to go to sleep).
So i'm really confuzed right now. The manufacturers nailed the functions of this two keys, but the bloody "block cursor" key doesn't work as it should.

Oh yeah, and another thing ... get prepared to get answers like this from the sellers:

me:
"Hello,
Could you please specify which of the buttons can learn TV remote control functions ?
And please confirm it has indeed a microphone and the voice function works.
Thankyou"

the seller:
"Thanks for interested in our items.
This item has indeed didn't a microphone, and the voice function works.
Please feel free to contact us if there are any other questions.
Best Regard"

I was like ...Huh ?
Calinutz,

Let me tell you I'm the one being confused here........

Can the buttons on the front function as ir as well as rf? All the buttons at the front at the same time?
Do the buttons at the back keep functioning as rf when you short click the tv button?

The ebay vendors are not from my country (nl), so shipping costs are so high that the total is as much as when I buy here.
And yes, I am prepared for stupid reactions from (let's say) non native english speaking vendors. That's the reason I posted here, hoping someone can point me to a reliable vendor.

And the block cursor doesn't workHuh?? I think that should be a dealbreaker. Unfortunately... because this remote seemed to have it all (control tv and androidbox together because of the various buttons and the programmable ir).

I'll investigate the block cursor problem further. I got the info about the tv button from a dutch vendor. I'll contact him tomorrow and ask him. I'll let you know here.

Wim
Ps And thanks again.
Yes, Wim, the keys on the front work both ways, IR and RF depending what mode the remote is in, while the keys on the back (qwerty keyboard) only and always work in RF mode.
With the front keys, if you press TV key, you activate the IR mode, and the keys on the front send IR codes until you press the TV key again, and it switches to RF mode.
So, while in IR mode, keys on the front send IR codes, when in RF mode, same keys send RF signals (codes).

The block cursor key should block the cursor movement until pressed again. But, well ... it doesn't.
The remote gets into sleep mode after about 30 second or 1 minute if no key is pressed. The sleep mode doesn't affect the IR/RF selected mode, but it erases the block cursor state.

For example: you press the block cursor key, the cursor doesn't move anymore. After 30 seconds / 1 minute the remote goes to sleep. Now, when you press a key the cursor starts moving again.

There's nothing that can be done about this from a hardware point of view (i guess it has several rams in it, where it stores diffrent data like learnt IR codes, IR mode state, etc. I go on guessing IR stuff is stored in some NVRAM, while block cursor state and who knows what else is stored in VRAM).

The only way to workaround this, is the software way. Like the program I've posted here a short while ago. It only works in windows, and, since unfortunately I'm not a programmer, and have no idea about programming more than simple scripts, i can't make a version that works in android or other OS.

On the other hand I'm pretty sure there must be some similar app for Android / Linux.
Calinutz,

I asked the vendor and he says the lock cursor buttons works as follows:
Not pressed: airmouse function, pressed once: selection with arrows (around the ok-button). This is the same as the original remote that came with my S89-H (TSM-01).

Other users in other threads also confirm this key is functioning.

I'm thinking whether I should wait for a chinese vendor to give me certainty about which airmouse he can deliver (cheap way), or buy here (expensive, but certain).
I'll let you know when I have one and I can tell you whether the key does work for me also (if I buy locally and it doesn't work I can return without a problem).

Thanks for the help.

Greetings,

Wim
Yes, that's how it works. The only issue is that everytime the remote wakes up, the airmouse moves again.

Take for example this scenario:
You block the cursor (air mouse), and put the remote away. After a couple of minutes, you want to get the volume up. After you press volume up key, the cursor (airmouse) starts moving again, without pressing the actual block/unblock cursor key.

At least that's how all of this kind of remotes i've tryed behaved like. Maybe the manufacturers fixed this in the meanwhile.
If you buy it, please confirm if the block cursor feature works as it should or not.

Thanks.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]7