• 2(current)
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]
So I received this remote, and the trick with pressing the cursor button to disable the mouse works great.
This removes the mouse movements and cursor on the screen after pressing one of the buttons on the remote.
BTW, the cursor button is the RED button immediately on the left of the PG- button, on the center right of the remote.
It has a mouse cursor on it. Blush

If you need the mouse feature back, a simple quick tap on the cursor button brings it back.
i bought this remote and i tried to make it work on my windows 7 machine and raspberry pi. it doesnt work on either.
I have the same remote, the best remote i ever bough so far (i have total 6 remote, and i only love this one...)

for those who having problem to use right click as backspace, please edit disable.ahk

#NoEnv
SendMode Input
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%

BlockInput, MouseMove

LButton::Enter
RButton::Backspace

vkb4::
{
Process, Close, cmd.exe
Sleep, 1000
Run C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.bat
(2014-12-18, 15:53)Tyler Durden Wrote: I have just got this remote. Thank you for your efforts so far, however I do have a couple of questions.

How do you bring the context menu up, without turning the remote over and pressing "C" on the keyboard?

Can the context menu be mapped to the "Menu" key on the front of the remote?

Yes, the button on the front with 4 horizontal lines should bring up the context menu by default.
my remote, there is 5 buttons that cannot response anything to PC, please refer to picture below those fives highlghted in red.

do you guy have the same problem?

i tried to capture keyboard and mouse input, all other button response well (except the lowest four which is for IR), but not this five. the button is working since i can assign IR command for it, but not RF.

Cool
(2015-02-03, 14:52)chchia Wrote: my remote, there is 5 buttons that cannot response anything to PC, please refer to picture below those fives highlghted in red.

do you guy have the same problem?

i tried to capture keyboard and mouse input, all other button response well (except the lowest four which is for IR), but not this five. the button is working since i can assign IR command for it, but not RF.

* The top 2 buttons don't seem to send any key information, so are probably IR only.

* The Launch Media key should already send the correct code, and can be changed in the appcommand.xml as follows:
Code:
<launch_media_select>ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles)</launch_media_select>
This example opens the Movies Library. Simply change the ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles) to what you want it to do.

alternatively, use AutoHotKey to remap it before XBMC starts. To do that, open disable.ahk and add this line:
Code:
VKB5::browser_favorites
This example will open the favourites side bar.

* The button with 4 squares on it (looks like the windows key) sends only a VK and scan code that ShowKey/XBMC cannot detect. This can only be remapped using AutoHotKey:
Code:
VK71::browser_favorites
This example will open the favourites side bar.
UPDATE V2

1) Installer made (INSTALL.bat)

2) The [ ! ] key now only closes XBMC without restarting it.

3) Re-mapped Right Mouse Button to Backspace (thanks chchia)

4) When starting from the shortcuts supplied, XBMC.bat command window will run minimized to avoid overlapping.

5) New AutoHotKey script to detect every virtual key and scan code sent from the remote (ShowKey AHK.ahk), even if ShowKey.exe or XBMC is unable to detect them!
(2015-02-03, 22:39)HighStream Wrote: UPDATE V2

4) When starting from the shortcuts supplied, XBMC.bat command window will run minimized to avoid overlapping.

5) New AutoHotKey script to detect every virtual key and scan code sent from the remote (ShowKey AHK.ahk), even if ShowKey.exe or XBMC is unable to detect them!

DOWNLOAD

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b0ed2d...ote-V2.zip

USAGE

Unzip the folder and run INSTALL.bat (Previous files will be updated)

Thanks for this. Waiting on mine to arrive and very nervous now I have read the mouse auto enables (will only be using it for XBMC so the mouse is completely unnecessary) Are there an caveats with your bat file? apparently holding the cursor lock button works but it drains the battery as it prevents the remote going to sleep!
Thanks again!
(2015-02-04, 01:27)stewartie4 Wrote: Thanks for this. Waiting on mine to arrive and very nervous now I have read the mouse auto enables (will only be using it for XBMC so the mouse is completely unnecessary) Are there an caveats with your bat file? apparently holding the cursor lock button works but it drains the battery as it prevents the remote going to sleep!
Thanks again!

Yes, there's a security warning when installing and also when you run XBMC.bat for the first time. Just uncheck the box "Always ask before opening this file".
(2015-02-04, 01:27)stewartie4 Wrote:

DOWNLOAD

USAGE

Thanks for this. Waiting on mine to arrive and very nervous now I have read the mouse auto enables (will only be using it for XBMC so the mouse is completely unnecessary) Are there an caveats with your bat file? apparently holding the cursor lock button works but it drains the battery as it prevents the remote going to sleep!
Thanks again!

you can disable the mouse input in Kodi system configuration. also the disable.ahk had also disabled the mouse move.

i think this remote is going to sleep mode pretty fast, like a minutes or something, if i left the remote on table wthin minutes it is already suspended.

DOWNLOAD

USAGE

To start XBMC, use the desktop shortcut only.

To start XBMC on boot, copy the desktop shortcut into your startup folder located in your start menu.

Well done!!

but i think you may need to change the name from XBMC to KODI. or may be a Kodi version? your installer are looking to XBMC folder which is not valid for Kodi.
(2015-02-04, 04:01)chchia Wrote: Well done!!

but i think you may need to change the name from XBMC to KODI. or may be a Kodi version? your installer are looking to XBMC folder which is not valid for Kodi.

Good point, I have updated the installer to look for Kodi or XBMC. Thanks
Hey guys,

first post here, just wanted to let you know i have the same remote (obviously the same cheap version, no mic and only the coloured buttom buttons are IR mapable).

I've done a little app, written in ahk, to use remote with XBMC according to my needs.

So here's what the app does:

HOME button - has 3 functions:
1. if XBMC is closed it opens it and blocks the pointer (cursor),
2. if XBMC is runing but minimized it brings it to screen and blocks the pointer (cursor),
3. if XBMC is opened and onscreen (not minimized) it closes XBMC (also usefull when XBMC freezes) and unblocks the pointer (cursor)

If it's a little bit difficult to understand, immagine this scenario: You power up the mediacenter (computer), you hit HOME button, XMBC starts and the remote behaves as a remote. You get tired of XBMC and want to check your email, you hit HOME button again, XBMC closes and the remote behaves like a mouse.

BACK button - while pointer (cursor) is blocked it sends back button, while the pointer (cursor) is unblocked it sends mouse rightclick.

OK button - while the pointer (cursor) is blocked it sends ENTER, while the pointer (cursor) is unblocked it sends mouse leftclick

LAUNCH MEDIA button - if XBMC is opened it sends Live TV channels window, if XBMC is closed it sends system default launch media

EXCLAMATION MARK button - blocks and unblocks pointer (cursor)

SEARCH button - if XBMC is opened it sends stop, if XBMC is closed it sends system default search
All other keys are default.

When launched, the app goes straight to systray.
If it behaves heretically just push Alt Z to stop it's effects (used as safety trigger, since it limits your interaction with the mouse).

Tested in Win7 x86(32bit), with XBMC Gotham 13.2 default installation (default keymaps).

Give it a try and let me know what you think about it. see post 43

Cal.
(2015-02-07, 17:35)calinutz Wrote: Hey guys,

first post here, just wanted to let you know i have the same remote (obviously the same cheap version, no mic and only the coloured buttom buttons are IR mapable).

I've done a little app, written in ahk, to use remote with XBMC according to my needs.

So here's what the app does:

HOME button - has 3 functions:
1. if XBMC is closed it opens it and blocks the pointer (cursor),
2. if XBMC is runing but minimized it brings it to screen and blocks the pointer (cursor),
3. if XBMC is opened and onscreen (not minimized) it closes XBMC (also usefull when XBMC freezes) and unblocks the pointer (cursor)

If it's a little bit difficult to understand, immagine this scenario: You power up the mediacenter (computer), you hit HOME button, XMBC starts and the remote behaves as a remote. You get tired of XBMC and want to check your email, you hit HOME button again, XBMC closes and the remote behaves like a mouse.

BACK button - while pointer (cursor) is blocked it sends back button, while the pointer (cursor) is unblocked it sends mouse rightclick.

OK button - while the pointer (cursor) is blocked it sends ENTER, while the pointer (cursor) is unblocked it sends mouse leftclick

LAUNCH MEDIA button - if XBMC is opened it sends Live TV channels window, if XBMC is closed it sends system default launch media

EXCLAMATION MARK button - blocks and unblocks pointer (cursor)

SEARCH button - if XBMC is opened it sends stop, if XBMC is closed it sends system default search
All other keys are default.

When launched, the app goes straight to systray.
If it behaves heretically just push Alt Z to stop it's effects (used as safety trigger, since it limits your interaction with the mouse).

Tested in Win7 x86(32bit), with XBMC Gotham 13.2 default installation (default keymaps).

Give it a try and let me know what you think bout it. DOWNLOAD

Cal.

sounds very nice, do you mind to share your original .ahk file? my remote appear to have a little different key mappin compared to yours.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]7