• 27(current)
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]
jctennis, djhifi,

I also had a range problem. HTPC with two USB ports in front. One for the remote, one for my Logitec wifi keyboard. After reading what jctennis said about the power being too low, I tried unplugging the Logitec keyboard from the front port. Moved it to the rear.

Now the remote works from across the room. I second WTF?

In any case thanks for the tip. Remote works. Win!
If anyone is having probs with this on Kodi 17, this fix worked for me.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-4520-page-3.html
I'm using this remote on an android box.
All the keys work ok but the cursor when using the air remote constantly drifts up to the top of the screen.
Impossible to use the air mouse like this any solutions ?
Similar to this video mine does the same but from right to left.
Different remote of course but same problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgItQMJLdUw
(2017-02-10, 12:22)nparabz Wrote: Hi all,

I'm running Kodi on Linux (Deepin OS). I just bought this remote on Amazon, and everything works fine, except the Play / Pause, Fast Forward / Rewind, Zoom In and Zoom Out keys.

I read in the thread above that these keys are working fine for some users. Do I need to make keymap .xml files to the userdata directory to add the above functions? If yes, how do I do it without disturbing the existing working functionality of the remote?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I've the same issue. Do you solve it?
Can someone help me with kodi 17 and this fix on android. I placed the two xml file into kodi iserdata keymaps folder but nothing happens the mouse cursor is still there. I know this is for kodi 15 but is there a kodi 17 fix?
Thanks for this, keymapping wasn't working until i added the two files.
I have an odd problem with this remote. It has been driving me crazy for months. I have scoured the internet, to no avail. When this remote is plugged in to my beelink i68 and I start Kodi krypton v17.1 ( fresh install default skin, no add-ons) my kodi home screen/main screen comes up for 2 secs and it crashes 9 out of 10 times. The one time it doesn't crash Kodi runs fine. Under peripherals it's showing two entries for alitv remote v1 airmouse in Kodi when I get it to run. If I plugin my Rii mouse/keyboard Kodi starts every time, no problem. I have two of these boxes with two remotes and both boxes are doing the same thing. I have checked the Kodi log and it isn't giving an error, nor crashing in the same place each time. I also tried it on a edal Kodi box, it didn't crash Kodi but on start briefly got a Kodi wasn't responding message for like 3 secs and it disappeared, and Kodi continued to run fine. Again that box as well only did that with the mx3-m remote connected. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanx in advance!
Hi all, I've just purchased this remote

I use Kodi on Windows 10 on my second screen

I also found that the air mouse reactivate itself when you wake up the remote, which is annoying
In fact, I don't really need the mouse pointer in Kodi
Has anyone solved this?

The other thing that I would lime to do is assigning kodi to the home button (home logo) so that if Kodi is closed I can launch it and also use the same button to make Kodi the active window if I happen to have done something else on my other screen while Kodi was open
(2017-04-27, 15:59)jacoscar Wrote: Hi all, I've just purchased this remote

I use Kodi on Windows 10 on my second screen

I also found that the air mouse reactivate itself when you wake up the remote, which is annoying
In fact, I don't really need the mouse pointer in Kodi
Has anyone solved this?

The other thing that I would lime to do is assigning kodi to the home button (home logo) so that if Kodi is closed I can launch it and also use the same button to make Kodi the active window if I happen to have done something else on my other screen while Kodi was open

Hi Jacoscar,

Have you downloaded the "fix" from the first post. Within the file there is a "mouse.XML" that needs to be installed within the keymaps folder of Kodi.
My version of kodi is directly from the kodi site and not the Windows App Store. Therefore the keymaps folder is located in

C:\Users\"Your Computer Name"\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps

The above will solve your mouse issue in kodi.

The second part of your question in mapping the home button for Kodi can also be easily achieved using AHK "Auto Hot Key".
a copy of AHK has been included in the fix download from the first post. Install AHK on your system.
Once AHK is installed, open notepad and enter the following code.

VKAC::Run C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\kodi.exe

Save the file to a name you choose and end the name with ".AHK". Example would be " Kodi Home.AHK"

You can test the AHK script you just created by double clicking the icon. if the script is what you want you then you need to compile the script. That is turn the script into and executable file.
To do this right mouse click on the script you created and select "compile script"
You will now see AHK has created an executable file.
Now simply copy this file to your "startup" folder.

"C:\Users\"Your Computer Name"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"

Reboot your computer now the home button on the MX3 will open kodi and reactivate kodi when it is not in focus.
Anyone know the VK of the power button? I want to rebind it to shutdown Kodi instead of shutting down windows.
Sorry if this is slightly off topic but I have a FeBite MX3 Pro 2.4GHz with pretty much identical layout and functions. Plugged the USB transceiver into Raspberry Pi 3 running Kodi 17.3 and all appeared to work immediately except that I can't bring up the context menu . The button with 3 lines to the left of the home button does not function at all , and the "back" button on the front, as well as Backspace button on the keyboard, both function only as Back buttons (unlike what I've read here from Windows users). I've tried the Back button both with the mouse cursor turned on and off, and it functions as Back in both cases.

I've read that people have had success with remapping keys by adding .xml file to a Windows directory, but has anyone had success remapping -or in this case adding a key map- in Raspbian (Debian-based) OS? What directory should get the added .xml file and what should be in the file to make the "context" button to the left of the home button bring up the context menu?

Thanks in advance.
I purchased a Rii MX01, the backlit version of the MX3, on Amazon. Unfortunately I didn't realise that only five keys are programmable. I'm after something that would do the basic stuff on my Sony Bravia (channel number, power, vol up and down, channel up and down and change input.) but also control Kodi on my Shield Pro.

Does anybody know of a model that definitely allows to reprogram the majority of the keys? I'm off know to open a return on Amazon! Sad
(2017-06-17, 13:11)VanZan Wrote: Does anybody know of a model that definitely allows to reprogram the majority of the keys? I'm off know to open a return on Amazon! Sad

http://www.riitek.com/product/i13.html has IR programmable on the front and RF keyboard on the back or just get a logitech harmony
Forgot about that one!! Pricey but I'm desperate. Ordered!!! Smile
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MX3-M] 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control [FIX]7