• 26(current)
Release Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix
(2015-02-19, 01:48)ddzc Wrote: Hey all,

Just wondering if there's an option or way to add shortcut icons on the homepage for each category (Video, Music, etc) similar as the confluence theme?

Also, is there a simple way to change the theme color to a different color?

Thanks!

Here is a good guide which you'll find useful...

http://twigstechtips.blogspot.co.uk/2014...-menu.html

You can change the colours by going into the Kodi appearance settings and changing the skin colour, can't remember all the options but think it's blue, green, orange or white.
Hello all, my apologies if this has been answered already; I couldn't find it.

How does one access Kodi settings when PlexBMC & Amber is installed? Under the Settings shelf I just see "PlexBMC Settings".
I tried reinstalling everything, using Amber 2.0.12 now. Now in addition to the inaccessible settings issue, I've got another problem--homepage text backgrounds and all selected-item highlighting is missing.
Lightbulb 
Hello everyone,

This has been a very helpful thread for me. I have chosen to manage my install of Amber using Git.

Having just finished installing it, I have also written a Blog post about how to use Git for this.

I hope it help some of you Smile

http://www.atwright.co.uk/blog/2015/02/h...-using-git

Andy
Have you thought of arranging the favorite icons like how its done in Ace since you have a similar arrangement in the movie and tv show section?
Just asking.
OZooHA
I have the setting enabled to "Go Fullscreen on Music Playback". I also use TVTunes. Because I have both enabled, when I go to an episode and TVTunes starts, so does the music visualization.

Based on the TVTunes add on wiki it appears that the following code can be added o prevent this from happening

Quote:you can also use this visible condition to prevent activating visualisation or music baground fanart:
<visible>!SubString(Window(videolibrary).Property(TvTunesIsAlive),True)</visible>

Could someone point me to the correct XML file where I need to add this code?

Thanks[/code]
(2015-02-25, 18:27)VMCosco Wrote: I have the setting enabled to "Go Fullscreen on Music Playback". I also use TVTunes. Because I have both enabled, when I go to an episode and TVTunes starts, so does the music visualization.

Based on the TVTunes add on wiki it appears that the following code can be added o prevent this from happening

Quote:you can also use this visible condition to prevent activating visualisation or music baground fanart:
<visible>!SubString(Window(videolibrary).Property(TvTunesIsAlive),True)</visible>

Thanks[/code]

Custom_FullscreenMusic.xml, I suppose.

Try adding it to

<visible>Player.HasAudio + Skin.HasSetting(FullscreenMusic) + !SubString(Window(videolibrary).Property(TvTunesIsAlive),True)</visible>
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2015-02-25, 19:09)pecinko Wrote:
(2015-02-25, 18:27)VMCosco Wrote: I have the setting enabled to "Go Fullscreen on Music Playback". I also use TVTunes. Because I have both enabled, when I go to an episode and TVTunes starts, so does the music visualization.

Thanks[/code]

Custom_FullscreenMusic.xml, I suppose.

Try adding it to

<visible>Player.HasAudio + Skin.HasSetting(FullscreenMusic) + !SubString(Window(videolibrary).Property(TvTunesIsAlive),True)</visible>

Worked like a charm. Thanks
I'm trying to get amber to startup with tv shows selected rather than videos.

I tried adding this to Home.xml but no luck, anyone have any other suggestions?

<onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">ActivateWindow(Videos,TvShowTitles,return)</onload>
Hello
I'm big fan of amber skin altough there is one functionality missing in my opinion (or i don't know how to set it up).
Using kodi as a launcher for my g-box q.
Wish to have shelf items on custom menu at home screen (same as it is for favorites i.e.)
Could anyone explain how to do it or point me in good direction?
Thx in advance
Hi,

I noticed something in the live TV view : when I select the EPG in the menu (fullscreen mode), I got this :

The place for the text seems not optimized, it's scrolling in a very tiny space and there's like two blank columns at the side of it. It could be useful for displaying time/duration information perhaps ?

Thx.
Hi you all!

Is there a way to change the order of the Main Menu entrys in Amber?
My order is a bit messy. I start several Android Apps in the Main Menu but I would like to be able to change the order to make it more logical.

Device is Fire TV.

Thanks a lot!

Greets
Zodac
One small request - would it be possible to add the temperature read-out modification in the menus (this small change) to the main version of the skin at the next update?

It's quite handy I find to keep an eye on things on my overclocked Pi B+ to ensure that if the going gets tough, the GPU doesn't start sizzling. At the moment I have to go in and re-make the edit every time I update Amber though, hence why I thought I'd ask if it could be included? Or is it too specific a usage case for general inclusion?

Still the top skin for the Pi though, much appreciate your work Pecinko Smile
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Is it not possible to change the ordner of the Main Menu entrys or why did nobody answer?
I thought that maybe changing something in an XML File would do the trick.

Hope somebody can help.

Greets
Zodac
I started using kodi a few weeks ago (never used xbmc before) by installing helix 14.1 and amber is listed as "incompatible" in the list. Is that normal?
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix4