• 11(current)
Release Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix
Thanks to anaconda we have some more skin stuff up-to-date for Helix.

See changes here https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber/commits/master

Ver bumped to 2.0.1
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2015-01-04, 14:18)cmbb Wrote: can't live without the amber skin Sad

You can try the following - rename zipped archive downloaded from GitHub to skin.amber-x.y.z.zip , in another words skin.amber-2.0.1.zip for a skin version 2.0.1

If this still does not help, fetch latest Amber for Gotham from here http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/gotham/skin.amber/ pull XBT file from it (find it in media folder after you unzip it) and put it in skin.amber-2.0.1.zip

If this still does not work then I don't know how to help.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2015-01-04, 14:45)pecinko Wrote: You can try the following - rename zipped archive downloaded from GitHub to skin.amber-x.y.z.zip , in another words skin.amber-2.0.1.zip for a skin version 2.0.1

Yeeeeees this worked for me!!

Thanks a lot pecinko!!!

The amber skin is without a doubt the most beautifull!! So happy to have it again Smile
For those curious about my setup - I'm using PMS with P.Connect on 2 ATVs.

This will change If KODI ever gets centralized management and media server but at the moment this is not even planned, AFAIK.

I still follow skinning forums and work on commercial skins but with a regular job and 3 kids onboard I just can't find necessary time to work on my skins regularly. Not using my skins on daily basis surely doesn't help with self motivation in regard with skinning. I will try to jump in every now and then to keep skins alive but I can't make any promises.

(2015-01-04, 14:49)cmbb Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 14:45)pecinko Wrote: You can try the following - rename zipped archive downloaded from GitHub to skin.amber-x.y.z.zip , in another words skin.amber-2.0.1.zip for a skin version 2.0.1

Yeeeeees this worked for me!!

Thanks a lot pecinko!!!

The amber skin is without a doubt the most beautifull!! So happy to have it again Smile

Glad it worked. I would personally consider this a bug and report it to OpenElec developers.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Worked for me too - the best Pi skin out there is now up to date Smile

Nice one Pecinko - thanks for all the work on this great skin.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hmm, I now seem to have a strange problem - I can't find the skin install folder?

I was going to make a small tweak to the GUI (this one) and so went to /usr/share/kodi/addons, but the only skin in there is skin.confluence - nothing for amber at all (although many other folders for various other add-ons).

Am I looking in the wrong place, or is something going weird here? The skin itself (v 2.0.1) is running fine, and it's a tweak I've done before on earlier versions of the skin without problem.

Can anyone offer guidance as to where the skin files are now located? Or some way to locate them via the GUI, SSH or SMB (tried all three, and see the same results each way).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks to Joethepartylion for providing a quick fix while Pecinkos repo wasn't Helix compatible. Of course also thanks to Pecinko for updating his repo Smile
(2015-01-04, 16:59)DarrenHill Wrote: Hmm, I now seem to have a strange problem - I can't find the skin install folder?
Only system add-ons are installed in /usr/share/kodi/addons. Add-ons the user installs are placed in ~/.kodi/addons (your home directory/.kodi/addons).
Thanks - found it (actually twice, skin.amber and skin.amber-master).

Kodi Blog Posts
Unfortunately the 2.0.1 breaks Live TV ( it becomes dark/black with nothing) and it was working for 1.7.4.
OZooHA
same here, live tv broken with newest version ... only black screen...
Guys I don't have a working PVR setup. Find the problem and I'll fix it.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi i have the same problem.
live tv black screen
(2015-01-04, 18:38)ozooha Wrote: Unfortunately the 2.0.1 breaks Live TV ( it becomes dark/black with nothing) and it was working for 1.7.4.
OZooHA
Can someone post link to an working elder version. Need pvr to work. But love this skin
SuperBillN see post #105 for the link to 1.7.4.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix4