• 31(current)
Release Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix
One other small glitch I'm seeing under Windows (using Kodi 14.2 and 15.0 b1) and also on my Pi1 (OpenElec 5.0.8 then updated to 5.95.1) - there seems to be a small square appearing just to the right of and above the cursor arrow when you're in the top level menu screen.

It only shows up when the cursor is above the menu items themselves - when the cursor is above the screen background (the "bubbles" screen on mine, as i have it set to use a single background on all menu items) it looks normal.

Just a minor cosmetic one, but as you're having a bug-fix session I thought I'd raise it too.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I'll put it on the to-do list, got a screenshot maybe ?

Thanks
I'm struggling to get one, because in either full-screen or windowed mode, as soon as the window loses focus the cursor (and the block) vanishes...

I'll keep playing with it, and worst-case I'll take a pic on my phone and upload it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

In the photo above, you can see the glitch square near the middle of the "I" in "FAMILY". It moves with the cursor, and vanishes if the cursor is moved off the menu ribbon. I see the same in Windows and OpenElec-Pi, on 14.2 and 15.0b1.

Kodi Blog Posts
found this "issue"

its a different pointer that is used if the pointer is in focus...

If there is not special use for this i'll remove it as I don't see the point...for the point Wink
Sounds like a plan to me.

Oh, and just a quick general heads-up. I've updated my Pi from OpenElec 5.0.8 to 5.95.1, and now it won't let me either update or install Amber from the repository (seems a more general problem than just with Amber, had the same with the unofficial repo too). Grabbed it from your Github repo as a zip and installed it that way without a problem.

I know the skin isn't 15.0 optimised yet, but it does still work well enough (at least for what I use, which is quite basic) aside from the update issue. And on my Windows 7 box it updated fine, so it's Pi specific.

Kodi Blog Posts
I would love to have this skin running for kodi on my fire tv but for whatever reason I cannot get past 0%. I even tried pushing it from the zip file with no go. Works fine on my macbook. Anyone else have a fire tv possibly?
It would be nice to show the video output type during playback like the confluence skin does (displays SD, 720P, 1080P, etc)...unless there's a way to get this function working on the skin right now?
First, thanks for all the work on this skin. I wanted to mention that since the last two updates, I've noticed that after sometime my screens goes dim but then it doesn't come out it when I play around with the menu. I have a pi2. My screen saver is 3 mins and was working as it should before. I wonder if we need to reboot the Pi after skin updates. Thanks.
(2015-05-11, 02:55)ddzc Wrote: It would be nice to show the video output type during playback like the confluence skin does (displays SD, 720P, 1080P, etc)...unless there's a way to get this function working on the skin right now?

The skin used to do it when you pressed up whilst the stop and pause buttons etc were showing but stopped after the helix update. It still shows this when I press the info button on my remote Smile
Installed Amber last night on Kodi 14.2. I created a movie playlist that includes only family oriented movies, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to add a main menu item for this playlist. I created a "Family" menu item, but don't see where I need to go to link this item to the playlist.
Make the playlist a favourite, then under settings>home menu you can add it (or any other favourites you may have) to the menu in an empty slot.

Kodi Blog Posts
Is there a way to add homescreen shortcuts to amber? Thanks
(2015-05-11, 16:15)YippeeKaiay Wrote:
(2015-05-11, 02:55)ddzc Wrote: It would be nice to show the video output type during playback like the confluence skin does (displays SD, 720P, 1080P, etc)...unless there's a way to get this function working on the skin right now?

The skin used to do it when you pressed up whilst the stop and pause buttons etc were showing but stopped after the helix update. It still shows this when I press the info button on my remote Smile

I too have noticed that it stopped showing the video output at some point...(months ago for me...) It used to work for me when i press up on the remote but no longer works... if this is a standing issue... Can you please work this into your upgrades Jester? That would be Awesome.... Big Grin

If this is a simple key mapping thing... which i assume it is if it works for yippekayae... then does anyone know the "coding" for keymap.xml to make it happen? I use the amazon fire tv tweaks keymap 3 so it will stop playback when i hit the back button... I assume that this may left out the specific action needed for amber to pull up the playback info.... 1080p, SD, etc...
I've noticed recently that if my screensaver is activated for a long time, it won't un-dim and I have to restart Kodi... This happens on both my RPi2 (Latest Openelec) and my Lubuntu VM (Helix 14.2) which does nothing but host the SQL DB and scrape data.

It is has only started happening recently so presuming it's a skin thing?

Thanks Smile
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix4