A question on notifications
Hi,
I'm a big fan of XBMC/Kodi, I have it in a great little music setup and as a personal project I'm writing a remote in Python. I have the JSON-RPC interface working, but I feel like I'm missing something on notifications. It seems like, eg, Application.OnVolumeChanged should be sent out by Kodi when the volume changes, but is there a way to subscribe to this, or should I be subscribed automatically when I connect with a websocket?
Thanks!
Try the script in my sig, run "./texturecache.py monitor @logfile=./tc.log" and various events will be output to the console. Add @xbmc.host=<ip.address> if your client is remote. Look at the log for the JSON-RPC requests/responses - you basically need a thread that processes these same JSON notification messages.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
WebSockets and TCP sockets support notifications. HTTP doesn't. You shouldn't have to enable anything to receive them.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ok, I have it now, I was just over-thinking it. It looks like every connected device just gets all the notifications, no need to subscribe or anything.
Works great (so far).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A question on notifications0