Problems Syncing Media
I have setup my server (running Windows 8) according to the guidelines on syncing media as it hosts all my files and I wanted my 2 xbmc boxes in the house to sync to it.

All seems to work fine with the setup and seeing the databases in My SQL.

I mapped the drives via SMB (using IP address as advised) , built my library and then exported it.

I the imported the library to one of my xbmc boxes (a NUC running openelec but on same XBMC version). The import went fine and I could play all my files and even resume from the different machines. Happy days.

However after powering the NUC off and on again it has lost the media library for both films and tv for some reason and dont want to import again without knowing why!

Grateful for any ideas people may have?Blush
Enable wait for network in the oe settings.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Wow thanks a million for that, did that and rebooted and my librarys are back like magic!

Am I right in saying that if I update the library in xbmc running on my server the new media will appear automatically on the client machines?
Yes.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks - One thing I am finding is that some film covers are not displaying for some reason, they are definitely there as I can do and locate the cover manually and force it to pop up.

Only affects maybe 10% of my library, could it be maybe the serve isn't responding quickly enough to display it for some reason?
Each client independently caches the images, and sometimes for some reason they don't cache new stuff right away. XBMC should automatically fix this by itself in about a day's time or less when it re-checks for needed images.
Thanks that makes sense
(2014-09-06, 01:17)mrstarface Wrote: Thanks that makes sense

To be honest, no it doesn't. Each client should cache content on demand if it's not already cached.

The kind of problem you have described could be caused by inaccessible artwork (remote artwork that is no longer available) but you say the artwork is available so that shouldn't be the cause.

More likely is that your Textures13.db is somehow out of sync with the contents of the Thumbnails folder.

Have you used path substitution to share thumbnails between your clients, as this can rapidly lead to the out of sync behaviour. Path substitution is not designed for data sharing and can result in data integrity issues. Waiting may resolve the issues, or it may not.

Or maybe you deleted the Thumbnails folder but not Textures13.db, so now the latter claims the artwork is in the former (where it cannot be found) so Kodi errors out and displays a blank.

Check your xbmc.log for errors/clues when artwork is not displayed. There are a few solutions to your problem, the simplest (and most drastic) being to delete both Textures13.db and Thumbnails folder so that they are recreated afresh, and to avoid path substitution.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems Syncing Media0