XBMC Add-On Download Not Working
Hey XBMC,

I looked around everywhere and could not find a solution to this so I'm not really sure what to do.

I downloaded and installed XBMC and am able to download skins (downloaded Aeon Nox, Bello, etc) and I am able to connect to outside installer....

My problem arises when it comes to the Video Add-Ons, specifically those in the XBMC official repository.
-The video addons don't load their data (just description, no icon when I click on them for the install screen)
-I click Install multiple times
-Once in a while the addon will start downloading - it will say "Downloading 0%"
-The number wil not increase from 0% and it stays like that for about 15 seconds
-Then the Downloading 0% text disappears and it goes back to what it was before, as if nothing ever happened

Been having this problem since last night... From what I've been reading it sounds as if the XBMC repo server is down? Is there any way to offer an alternate source or find mirrors for these applications?
try to download this and tell me which mirror it comes from
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/met...-3.1.1.zip

and we don't care about Fusion so don't even ask here (see piracy rules)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-09-06, 18:29)Martijn Wrote: try to download this and tell me which mirror it comes from
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/met...-3.1.1.zip

and we don't care about Fusion so don't even ask here (see piracy rules)

Sorry about the piracy, I edited my original post!

And the mirror it downloads from is: http://xbmc.os6.org/xbmc/addons/frodo/me...-3.1.1.zip
ok, can you now try again installing from within XBMC?
(2014-09-06, 18:39)Martijn Wrote: ok, can you now try again installing from within XBMC?

Sorry if this is a novice question - how/where do I do that in XBMC?
try installing the add-on you wanted
Still doesn't work. I now have all the proper icons/artwork for each addon but it gets stuck at Downloading 0% and disappears.
(2014-09-06, 18:54)lovethycandy Wrote: Still doesn't work. I now have all the proper icons/artwork for each addon but it gets stuck at Downloading 0% and disappears.

bump any other suggestions?
I cannot believe that it is just you and I who are having this problem….

I have tried to load addons from the XBMC.org repo all day long…. and nothing loads. My experience mirrors yours exactly!

If I load to a new installation, nothing loads. If I try to add a new XBMC.org addon to an existing installation, nothing new will load.

I have tried on an Apple TV, a Fire TV, and my Macbook Pro.

I will provide a log when I get to my home computer.

If any mods could try loading some new addons from the org's repo, I think the problem will become obvious.
Probably a mirror or server issue. Patience.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-09-07, 02:31)nickr Wrote: Probably a mirror or server issue. Patience.

Thanks, Nick.

Our disappointment is noteworthy only because of the incredible reliability of this organization and its repo.

Patience is the word.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Add-On Download Not Working0