Why do the SMB shares stop working
I'm having this recurring issue where after a few days I have to reset the File Server.

The XBMC (Ubuntu and previously Openelec) say cannot be found do you want to remove from library? But I can remote desktop and browse this PC from my laptop without issue.

The "file server" is a desktop running windows 7 (does all the storing, downloading and organizing - the work horse)
I have played with many many many settings on the file server to no end. I contimplated adding NFS to windows but that wasn't a straight forward process.
The only solution is to restart the file server. Which is unwanted.
Is it possible to access the shares from any other machine apart from openelec when it happens? If not check if the server service is running on the file server.
Try this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...pid1063744
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-09-07, 11:20)liv3wire Wrote: Is it possible to access the shares from any other machine apart from openelec when it happens? If not check if the server service is running on the file server.

No usually both xbmc machines lose access when this happens.

I'll try to restart the "server service" next time. If that is the issue I'll need to figure out a scipt to restart that on occasion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why do the SMB shares stop working0