Error in Favourites script
I run XBMC on a Raspberry Pi (raspbmc). I have added some favourites to the favourites list, but now every time the home screen loads i get the following error:"Error - Error in script: Favourites script"

The debug log shows the following:

Code:
13:15:09 T:2659181632   DEBUG: script.favourites: script version 5.0.2 started
13:15:09 T:2659181632   DEBUG: script.favourites: ### params: {'changetitle': 'true', 'property': 'CustomHome.6'}
13:15:09 T:2659181632   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError'>
                                            Error Contents: reference to invalid character number: line 4, column 21
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.favourites/default.py", line 169, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.favourites/default.py", line 22, in __init__
                                                found, favourites = self._read_file()
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.favourites/default.py", line 46, in _read_file
                                                self.doc = parse( self.fav_file )
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xml/dom/minidom.py", line 1920, in parse
                                                return expatbuilder.parse(file)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 924, in parse
                                                result = builder.parseFile(fp)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 207, in parseFile
                                                parser.Parse(buffer, 0)
                                            ExpatError: reference to invalid character number: line 4, column 21
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I assume this is related to a specific favourites item that I have added, but I'm unsure what item that would have been. Any suggestions for resolving this error?

Never mind - I had a look in the favourites.xml file, and there was an entry with loads of special characters (#,',...). I removed the entry - and things are working again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error in Favourites script0