How To: Run Confluence (Eden version) on newer versions of XBMC
Rainbow 
You know, I've loved XBMC for a long time now, and since I just fresh installed OS X on my Mac, one of the things I readied was XBMC. I went to the site and downloaded and installed it. To my surprise, it wasn't nearly as beautiful as I remember it. So I installed copy of XBMC Eden I had lying around, and I realized why. They messed with the default skin. I guess they changed it so low performance machines could use XBMC more easily. Well.. I have a High-Performance machine. So I'd like to say to the Developers: You should really include both versions of the skin. The new one is a significant downgrade and really gets rid of a lot of the things I liked about XBMC. Anyway, those are just my thoughts.

Here's I'll show you how to get it back on a Mac. If you're on another OS, this guide will probably be useful anyway because conceptually it's the same idea.

Here's a screenshot of my XBMC running the latest version, version 13.0.

Also, before I go on, I do know that you can just add Skins to XBMC via the settings, but every time I tried to install a skin package that way I would get an error that the file structure was incorrect or other similar things. So I just did it manually. Plus I wanted to hard install it anyway.

Here's the confluence.skin folder from XBMC: http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/67118730/file.html

Anyway, on a Mac you're going to navigate over to your Applications Folder and Secondary click on XBMC and hit "Get Package Contents"

Once that's open, navigate over to Macintosh HD/Applications/XBMC/Contents/Resources/XBMC/addons/

Now we're gonna backup the original, just in case you ever want to use it again. Simply Secondary Click the folder and select "Duplicate"

Now simply replace the skin.confluence with the skin.confluence from XBMC 11 (that I provided you with,) and please make sure to keep the folder structures intact. Applications find documents they need in certain locations, and the idea of this is for XBMC to point to the same folders thinking it's getting the 13.0 version of Confluence, but instead when it loads the skin files, it will load the data from the old Confluence skin.

Quit XMBC (if it's open,) and once you reopen it, you should have the original skin you've always known and loved.

Enjoy.

Again, like I said, this is the more complicated way of doing things, but it works.

If any of you guys can get it running via the normal Settings/Addons method, can you post instructions for other users, it would be greatly appreciated.
Good work, and I agree with you about the older skin looking better. Only problem with doing this is the lack of new features added to XBMC in v 12 and v13. The skin has to be updated to include those features.
(2014-09-08, 06:19)PimpTwzt Wrote: Good work, and I agree with you about the older skin looking better. Only problem with doing this is the lack of new features added to XBMC in v 12 and v13. The skin has to be updated to include those features.

I didnt notice any features that didnt work correctly. Maybe you could point them out, and I'll see if I can work on it.

Also.... something really weird happened. When I woke up this morning, I booted up XBMC, and the Frodo 13.0 version popped back up instead of the Eden that I had changed it too.

After poking around a bit I realized that XBMC somehow FOUND the skin (even though I had changed the name) and loaded it up overnight.

Weird.

Anyway, I had to fix it by moving the Backup version completely out of the XBMC Package Contents. I stuffed it in "Documents" somewhere.
(2014-09-09, 18:31)Showdownx8fo5 Wrote:
(2014-09-08, 06:19)PimpTwzt Wrote: Good work, and I agree with you about the older skin looking better. Only problem with doing this is the lack of new features added to XBMC in v 12 and v13. The skin has to be updated to include those features.

I didnt notice any features that didnt work correctly. Maybe you could point them out, and I'll see if I can work on it.

Well like 3D support, and Subtitles, the ability to turn them off/on and select which one via the OSD controls instead of having to go into audio settings to turn them on/off and select which sub track. Advanced and Basic Settings. There are a number of things they changed/updated in Gotham. I personally took some time to update to Gotham and use a mod of a mod that was updated to work on Gotham with those features included. It works flawlessly. Here is the link to my post about it, including screenshots.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1791670

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How To: Run Confluence (Eden version) on newer versions of XBMC1