• 1(current)
Release element
Hi folks,

my first attempt at skinning, heavily inspired by the beautiful elementary os...

Many things are still not working / unfinished, but I wanted to hear some opinions on the basic idea. Main point is to keep the whole skin simple and clean.
Tell me what you think about it! Smile

GitHub repository here: https://github.com/Ramash/skin.element

UPDATE 06.10.2014: First Pre-Alpha available
UPDATE 10.10.2014: 0.0.2 out
UPDATE 15.10.2014: 0.0.3 out
UPDATE 21.10.2014: 0.0.4 out
UPDATE 31.10.2014: 0.1.0 out
Very nice ! looks like the OSX Dock .. but then .. Elementary is a OSX clone Tongue
This does have a lot of potential yeah.

(I use Elementary OS primarily atm Big Grin)

One thing I always found annoying, is when you add more episodes to a series, and the widgets lists each episode you've added. Would be really cool to keep the look you have and then have each updated series shown only once in the bottom Smile
Hmmm, interesting idea... however, I am not sure that is easily possible (or at least not for me) Wink
As I said, this is my first attempt at skinning, so I am not too familiar with all the possibilities and scripting stuff...
Currently I am just trying to get some viewtypes ready so that the skin is useable...
Once I reach that state, I will realease some early alpha version for testers who can then maybe help to fix the most grave bugs Angel
Cool!
Peppe
Started with two view options, currently working on some more... Here some screenshots for you Smile

Hey again, facing a (hopefully small) problem currently...
I tried to use my skin on my HTPC, which is running on OPENELEC. I developed the skin using windows, which leads to the current issues I face: The skin crashes/restarts my OPENELEC XBMC, while it is running perfectly fine on my windows machines... I use XBMC 13.2 on both OPENELEC and windows. I included a somewhat short crashlog of the startup and crash of the OPENELEC system, maybe someone can help me find the reason behind this crash... Huh

http://pastebin.com/tgzUmBBr
Looks like problems with your includes and DialogSeekBar files.
Hmm, yeah, I saw that in the log too, however, does this explain why it works fine on windows and crashes on OPENELEC?
text seems quite small
Have you checked file name cases? Linux filesystem is case sensitive whereas windows is not. Also, looks like you are missing an English strings.po in the language directory.

On another note, your reflections having a different rounding to your posters looks really strange and the gradient on the reflection looks too dramatic.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Good point there, jurialmunkey, didn't have that filename-related issue on my radar!
About the language: I started with the foundation skin and built everything from scratch... However, I didn't touch the language files in any way...
My current language structure looks like C:\%appdata%\XBMC\addons\skin.element\language\English\strings.xml. Should that be modified?

Yeah, I know about the roundings, but thanks for the hint Smile
The work on the viewtypes is still kinda "quick & dirty", I have to confess Wink
What do you mean the gradient is "too dramatic"? You mean it should have a longer fade-out?
(2014-09-19, 14:39)da-anda Wrote: text seems quite small

Hmm, could be, I have to test it on my TV before I can really judge the font size, which is, as stated before, currently impossible due to my OPENELEC crash problem... Confused
And another preview of a list viewtype...

Hey let me know when I can test this on my Raspberry Pi .Will love to help out .
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
element3