• 4(current)
Release element
(2014-10-13, 09:23)pettson3816 Wrote: As i said it looks awesome. But i'm a bit worried that the font size will be to small on my 50" 1080p screen.

Could you try if you can get it to run on your TV? In case the fonts are too small, I could still change that... But as I said, I still have problems with my OPENELEC system attached to my TV...
Meanwhile, here is the OSD (work in progress!)...

Thanks Ramash Wink
(2014-10-13, 11:48)Ramash Wrote:
(2014-10-13, 09:23)pettson3816 Wrote: As i said it looks awesome. But i'm a bit worried that the font size will be to small on my 50" 1080p screen.

Could you try if you can get it to run on your TV? In case the fonts are too small, I could still change that... But as I said, I still have problems with my OPENELEC system attached to my TV...
Meanwhile, here is the OSD (work in progress!)...

Sure, i will try it out tomorrow morning. It's almost 11pm here so i'm in bed right now, but i will definitely take a look tomorrow after leaving the kids at daycare.

Edit: that osd is really clean and matches everything else really good. Promising. Keep up the good work.
Improved OSD... not sure about the different options buttons though, have to improve those Confused

(2014-10-14, 11:05)Ramash Wrote: Improved OSD... not sure about the different options buttons though, have to improve those Confused

In my humble opinion you should keep it clean like in the first picture, and add one separate pop-up dialogue button for the options... Without cluttering the osd with all kinds of buttons.

Kind of like how the refocus skin does it (minus the play/pause/stop/forward etc buttons):

Something like this:

You click on a cog button on the right and a dialogue pops up, with all the options inside which really looks much cleaner in my humble opinion......

Don't know how to code something like that myself... But it should be possible and is really cleaner without compromising the style...

Keep up the great work.

I used this cog icon:

This skin is becoming something special Ramash!

Cheers,

WattsSmile
I agree. I can never remember what the button looks like to turn off the subs anyway. Big Grin
This way it's easier to figure out.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Hey there guys,

thanks for the input... I am trying to figure out how to do this best (which is not quite as easy as it would like it to be) Huh
While I like the approach with the additional options button, the first approach with the complete "white bottom" is a bit too empty I think, there is so much wasted, unused space that looks a bit like "hey, there is something missing"... Not sure still how to get a clean result without this, I will make a few more mockups before trying to code the whole thing!
So here you go, 3 new osd-variants to choose from:

Type 1:

Type 2:

Type 3:

I like the third one most fitting to this fantastic skin.
However I like to see the time when the movie is finisht . How long a movie is playing is not that interresting.
The cog button may be smaller. I find the button of Watts better fitting to tis skin.

This is according to be the most beautiful skin so far.
Try to hold the Apple look and feel. I am very curious about the MusicVisualition screen (tab on the pc).
Good luck Ramash
MacMini 2012 - MacOS 10.10 - Kodi
(2014-10-15, 12:42)Ramash Wrote: So here you go, 3 new osd-variants to choose from:

Type 3:

The third one looks really cool and i am glad you went for the "cog" approach, i think that this keeps the skin really clean and simple, which is what elementary is all about at the end of the day.

Simple, clean and beautiful!!!

Cheers,

WattsNod
Version 0.03 with first VideoOSD is on GitHub, some stuff still needs improvement, will be done tomorrow
(2014-10-15, 20:24)Ramash Wrote: Version 0.03 with first VideoOSD is on GitHub, some stuff still needs improvement, will be done tomorrow

Loving how this skin is coming about... Awesome.

Cheers!

Watts,

Big Grin
Currently fixing some bugs and implementing first music library viewtypes, will show some first screenshot tomorrow maybe...
Some more stuff to look at! Wink

Loading screen:

Clearlogo viewtype:
Banner viewtypes, yay! Wink

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
element3