• 4(current)
Release Pushbullet - Your devices working better together
(2014-10-30, 00:00)ursli Wrote: I can't seem to get the notifications to show in kodi, if I manually go and check the pushbullet addon messages and links are in my history. No error messages on pushbullet or xbmc. I can get notifications from other addons and I've tried going to confluence just to make sure it's not the skin. Any idea what may be going wrong?

I'm on XBMC 13.2 Git:20140825-91d1e71

What are you pushing to Kodi? You say you are not getting notifications, is anything happening? Also, what platform are you on?
I've tried both a (youtube)video and just a simple message. Nothing seems to happen at all, as mentioned once I've sent the message from one of my other devices I can open the kodi pushbullet addon manually and check my history, everything is in there. I've also turned on debug logging to check for any error messages, but nothing relating to the pushbullet service is in there.

I'm on Linux (ubuntu 12.10)
(2014-10-30, 00:33)ursli Wrote: I've tried both a (youtube)video and just a simple message. Nothing seems to happen at all, as mentioned once I've sent the message from one of my other devices I can open the kodi pushbullet addon manually and check my history, everything is in there. I've also turned on debug logging to check for any error messages, but nothing relating to the pushbullet service is in there.

I'm on Linux (ubuntu 12.10)
Was it working before the latest updates, or is this a new install?
First time install, I've just signed up for pushbullet today.
(2014-10-30, 00:43)ursli Wrote: First time install, I've just signed up for pushbullet today.

I'll try to see if I can duplicate it.

Also, if you can use IRC I'm in #ruuk on freenode
Information 
Version 0.8.10b - Private repository beta

Changes:
  • Fix issue causing the service not to connect to the push server after authorization
  • Push handling settings now default to notification for all push types

On my REPO.
Hello

Very nice Addon.

I'm trying to use it with two accounts. One for me and another for my girlfriend. To get Kodi to display messages when the phone rings and so on.
I tried to copy the addon and change the name to "service.pushbullet.second" and edit the name and id in addon.xml
Then I can add the new token but when I try to "Add/Link This Kodi Device" I only get my pushbullet devices not my girlfriends.

Is there any way to make it pussible to add two accounts ?

Regards Nissse
I don't think could be useful have two accounts on same machine...maybe, you can have right, xbmc (TV) it's quite different from smartphone or PC.
...but for now, this feature is not implemented.
And we should also think to privacy related problems with this feature.

your workaround is dirty, but I thought it worked Smile

If you have rename id and name in addon.xml, do you have two pushbullet services in xbmc? and in this folder cd .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/ do you have also the second one?

In the xbmc log do you see start two pushbullet service?

sorry, I don't know if never will be possibile this features.
(2014-11-06, 15:12)nissse Wrote: Hello

Very nice Addon.

I'm trying to use it with two accounts. One for me and another for my girlfriend. To get Kodi to display messages when the phone rings and so on.
I tried to copy the addon and change the name to "service.pushbullet.second" and edit the name and id in addon.xml
Then I can add the new token but when I try to "Add/Link This Kodi Device" I only get my pushbullet devices not my girlfriends.

Is there any way to make it pussible to add two accounts ?

Regards Nissse
Unfortunately you will also have to modify all the IDs in the resources/settings.xml file, but then it should work as expected I think.

While it may be possible to add the functionality you mentioned, it would not be simple. It would require connecting to the Pushbullet push server multiple times, and then handling all this multiplicity all over the code and in the settings.
That said, I'd like to be able to at least push from my wife's phone in the future, so I've been thinking of ways to make it happen. Just don't expect something any time soon or it to be exactly as you hoped Smile
(2014-11-06, 15:47)muttley:bd Wrote: I don't think could be useful have two accounts on same machine...maybe, you can have right, xbmc (TV) it's quite different from smartphone or PC.
...but for now, this feature is not implemented.
And we should also think to privacy related problems with this feature.

your workaround is dirty, but I thought it worked Smile

If you have rename id and name in addon.xml, do you have two pushbullet services in xbmc? YES
and in this folder cd .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/ do you have also the second one? YES

In the xbmc log do you see start two pushbullet service? YES
15:20:37 T:5404 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in service.pushbullet has been installed.'
15:20:37 T:5404 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in service.pushbullet.second has been installed.'

sorry, I don't know if never will be possibile this features.

I can see this in the log:

15:20:57 T:4408 DEBUG: [Pushbullet Second]: Reading settings
15:20:57 T:5860 DEBUG: [Pushbullet]: Reading settings
15:20:57 T:4408 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\User1\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.pushbullet.second\service.py", line 76, in run
raise Exception(localise(30100))
Exception: You have to set ACCESS TOKEN and add/link this device in add-on settings
15:20:57 T:4408 ERROR: [Pushbullet Second]: You have to set ACCESS TOKEN and add/link this device in add-on settings

That's where it goes wrong. When I try to add/link the device I can only see my devices not hers.
I don't know if I have wrong understand ruuk's answer...He is more expert of me...

Try to follow his instructions...

Maybe, for what I can suggest (or understand) you have to rename in resoruce/settingx.xml line like this:

RunScript(service.pushbullet,AUTHORIZE) to RunScript(service.pushbullet.second,AUTHORIZE)

or try to edit the add-on setting file in .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.pushbullet.second and add here the correct token

edit:
If ever you will have success, remember to update manually the second add-on

you are here since 2008 and for guilt of our add-on you have to write Wink
(2014-11-06, 16:40)muttley:bd Wrote: Maybe, for what I can suggest (or understand) you have to rename in resoruce/settingx.xml line like this:

RunScript(service.pushbullet,AUTHORIZE) to RunScript(service.pushbullet.second,AUTHORIZE)

Correct. If you don't modify these, then when in settings you will be authorizing the normal copy of the addon, hence you will never see the devices of the second copy.
Thank you Muttley and Ruuk

Will try it when i get back from work
Using your guide lines I got it working Smile

Thank you !!!
Information 
Version 0.8.12b - Official repository release

Changes:
  • Fix issue with mirror pushes failing due to missing PIL on some platforms
  • Push handling settings now default to play instantly for media and notification for all others

On my REPO and pushed to the official repository. It will be there when the mirrors are updated.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pushbullet - Your devices working better together2