• 1(current)
Dolby atmos
Shocked 
Hi guys, I have lots of movies with TrueHD or DTSHD Master audio, they all work fine. However the new Transformers 4 won't play audio in TrueHD, displays 0.0 channels. If I play the film through PowerDVD I get the right audio. Does anyone know why this might be? The only thing I can think of is I've read that T4 is the first blueray with Dolby Atmos.
Debug log_file (wiki) please
It does indeed have Dolby Atmos, which is a technically a TrueHD stream with an extension containing extra meta data. It seems this is tripping up most media players at the moment.
Debug Log and sample please. Perhaps we can fallback to ac3 in that Case then. Please use latest kodi to generate the logs.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
is not because ffmpeg doesn't support Atmos yet?
Atmos is supposed to be backwards compatible but yes something could be tripping up ffmpeg or it could be something we're doing in our internal ActiveAE audio system.
This is a bug in ffmpeg:
Can't parse Dolby Atmos TrueHD streams

All the ffmpeg based players & muxers freeze with TrueHD Atmos streams.

VLC plays it fine.
Experiencing this as well. I suppose this means we need to wait for an XBMC update or some other patch?
I will pick the relevant patch, when https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-deve...63189.html is acked and hits ffmpeg master (if I don't forget).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I picked the relevant fixes and Anssi fixed the xbmc part.

But(!) - we will only put this into Helix if and only if the ffmpeg patches are coming into the ffmpeg 2.4 branch. This the Audio Maintainer has decided.
(2014-09-21, 19:34)fritsch Wrote: I picked the relevant fixes and Anssi fixed the xbmc part.

But(!) - we will only put this into Helix if and only if the ffmpeg patches are coming into the ffmpeg 2.4 branch. This the Audio Maintainer has decided.

Great, thanks!

Any luck of getting this in the next openelec 4.2 beta 7, so that we can finally get some TrueHD sound out of our TF4 ?
(2014-09-21, 19:34)fritsch Wrote: I picked the relevant fixes and Anssi fixed the xbmc part.

Great news! Hopefully they bring it to 2.4.

Do you have a dev build available with this merge in the interim?
You can pick the relevant patches and build yourself:

a) https://github.com/xbmc/FFmpeg/pull/2
b) https://github.com/anssih/xbmc/commit/6e...7883a07123
Is there a guide that explains how to update? I installed the latest static version but not seeing where the necessary files are to replace with the 2.4 branch. Also are there xbmc files to replace? Thanks
If you want the patches then you need to compile XBMC from the source code and include those patches.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby atmos3