• 16(current)
Dolby atmos
Come on Batiatus, you are not that stupid. Instead of customizing Aeon Nox in incredibly painful detail, why not do something more meaningful with your time? You know your family will not watch movies in your honour when you are dead.
Wrong thread perhaps?
***MOD EDIT: removed overly large face palm image ***

Sorry folks. Never meant to disappoint people who'd like Atmos flags. You got your answers, attitude and all. Remember not everyone speaks English as a first language and that their mother's aunt's next-door-neighbor's ex-college-roommate's cat might be feeling a little depressed when you read posts on the internet so don't ask for anything unless you are going to do everything yourself.

The more you know, and all that jazz.
(2015-06-20, 10:34)uNiversal Wrote: Wrong thread perhaps?

C. Taylor is Batiatus. They are the same person. I think Warner like myself is just tired of seeing this kinda stuff when all you want to do is read up on some topics. Sad

I am only referring to C. Taylor/Batiatus' posts not ones from anyone else.
Double doh, didn't think anything of it, oh well looks like its been banned also.

* un1versal shakes head.
Hi guys,

After a quick search i came across this thread. I just have a quick question.

Is Dolby Atmos supported through XBMC/Kodi on a windows machine?

Ive got my new AVR coming tomorrow and the Atmos speakers arriving from onkyo in a few days time. Hence, I just want to be prepared for it.

So if anyone knows it would be a big help!

I already know that the DolbyTrueHD audio stream is contained within the Atmos audio source, but according to some articles I've read on the AVR I've bought it says that it should show Dolby Atmos on the Receivers display. Hence, i just wanted to make sure that if i select a audio track say from Transformers in Kodi, will it show Atmos on my receiver like a Bluray player would, or would Kodi only show TrueHD at the moment?

Thanks for your help.

PS:- Lastly, if (fingers crossed) it does function as intended like an blurry player, can someone please tell me from which version of XBMC this support was added in? My software is still running XBMC (the last release before rebranding to Kodi). Ive been meaning to update for a while now but just have not taken the time out to do so, also I'm worried it would break something, i.e.. skins, add ons and Home furniture placements etc....
Kodi would show truehd flag, receiver would show atmos. I think that's already been explained earlier.

And yes you need kodi not xbmc, v14.2 or newer. ANd yes you want to place kittens and babies into protective custody, insure the house and wear a blast suit.
(2015-06-23, 17:43)uNiversal Wrote: Kodi would show truehd flag, receiver would show atmos. I think that's already been explained earlier.

And yes you need kodi not xbmc, v14.2 or newer. ANd yes you want to place kittens and babies into protective custody, insure the house and wear a blast suit.

Okay excellent, thank you. Not sure where you were going with the end bit there but looks like an update is due! Big Grin

PS:- Hopefully we can get updates soon that will show Atmos and DTS:X flags in Kodi?
No it seems we won't, until ffmpeg can determine the stream type.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
In fact absolutely nobody is working on this at the moment. It was now said 20 times, that this update will come via ffmpeg. Basically no one is really caring about yet another proprietary, non publicly documented format with also undocumented extension that only the AVR understands when passthroughing.

If you need the "icon" - use the hack that other user provided.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Regarding the needed support in FFmpeg:

DTS:X might be doable without any extra knowledge/specification about it if it is implemented using the already-existing DTS extension code system (which is likely).

Atmos is probably much more difficult, or at least I'm not familiar enough with TrueHD to say how we would detect this (I haven't googled or looked at such a stream, though, so this is just speculation).
ok thanks guys, thats what i needed to know.

Its not that i actually needed the icon now, but more that i just wanted to know if it was supported or not. Its fine if i have to wait for a while before this support is implemented.

Main thing is that Atmos and DTS:X (once fully released) support works and is picked up upon by the AVR.
I got a KODI running on Ubuntu 14.04 using PCM over HDMI (7.1). For some reason the Atmos Track is bugged on the center speaker. There is sound, but no voices. Maybe some setting is wrong, but the rest of my movies is working. Is there any known routing problem?

Edit: Found it. It was related to the routing setup of KODI vs. Pulseaudio.
KODI on Ubuntu
Dear Kodi Team,

I do not participate in threads usually, after reading through the full 16 pages of this one I feel obliged to register and add one comment.

After installing Windows on my Mac Mini - because Mac doesnt Support True HD - and adding Dolby Atmos Speakers in my new home, I was more than pleasantly surprised, to find out, that not only True HD or DTS Master works, but even more so, Dolby Atmos is streamed perfectly to my AVR(Denon X5200W).

Yes, there is no "Atmos" Icon in the Kodi Skin. I coulndt care less. it WORKS.

To all of you Devs and Donors and Kodi core Team members out there. Thank you. I truly love the program and think you are doing a great job, even more so, since this is open source. Do not let awkward comments - as seen in this thread - mislead you to the assumption that your work is not appreciated..

Cheers
(2015-10-14, 18:22)Rene.V Wrote: Dear Kodi Team,

I do not participate in threads usually, after reading through the full 16 pages of this one I feel obliged to register and add one comment.

After installing Windows on my Mac Mini - because Mac doesnt Support True HD - and adding Dolby Atmos Speakers in my new home, I was more than pleasantly surprised, to find out, that not only True HD or DTS Master works, but even more so, Dolby Atmos is streamed perfectly to my AVR(Denon X5200W).

Yes, there is no "Atmos" Icon in the Kodi Skin. I coulndt care less. it WORKS.

To all of you Devs and Donors and Kodi core Team members out there. Thank you. I truly love the program and think you are doing a great job, even more so, since this is open source. Do not let awkward comments - as seen in this thread - mislead you to the assumption that your work is not appreciated..

Cheers
Make sure to donate if you are truly happy. http://kodi.tv/contribute/donate/
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby atmos3