• 18(current)
Dolby atmos
(2015-11-06, 14:44)fritsch Wrote: Nobody knows as of now. Work has started - but not finished. Also I don't know of Atmos at all - I only saw TrueHD / DTS-HD in the api. But as Atmos is sent the same way when bitstreaming - chances are there.

I think this question no one can answer for now, besides koying - when he is finished ;-)

Hello!

I would like to ask you if you have any update on the Dolby Atmos bitstream from Kodi. I can't wait to use it to play my dolby atmos collection in my new HT set up.

Thanks
Gilson
(2016-01-10, 01:02)gilsonsjc Wrote:
(2015-11-06, 14:44)fritsch Wrote: Nobody knows as of now. Work has started - but not finished. Also I don't know of Atmos at all - I only saw TrueHD / DTS-HD in the api. But as Atmos is sent the same way when bitstreaming - chances are there.

I think this question no one can answer for now, besides koying - when he is finished ;-)

Hello!

I would like to ask you if you have any update on the Dolby Atmos bitstream from Kodi. I can't wait to use it to play my dolby atmos collection in my new HT set up.

Thanks
Gilson

In the interim, I would try DSPlayer. Audio decoding is done by LAV Filters, which is already capable of passing Atmos.

A link to DSPlayer set-up assistance is in my signature.

Hello!

Thanks
Gilson
There has been no change, it still works.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-01-10, 01:22)nickr Wrote:

Hello!

Thanks
Gilson
There has been no change, it still works.

Well, it has never worked here. Please find below some evidences
Dolby Atmos file I am trying to play
http://goo.gl/photos/o4M1bHTQtnayyjC98

Playing is using Kodi on Shield. The overlay is the information capture from the input by the receiver
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipME...1tVERtSWpn

Kodi settings (passthrough enabled)

More midia info from Kodi (it does not say whether the file is Dolby Atmos)

Now, check how the receiver shows when I play a Dolby Atmos from my PS4
PS4 set to bitstream

Information from the source capture by the receiver. Note that now it shows Dolby Atmos on the input and the dolby atmos speakers being used (FDL and FDR)
(2016-01-10, 01:19)Warner306 Wrote:

Hello!

Thanks
Gilson

In the interim, I would try DSPlayer. Audio decoding is done by LAV Filters, which is already capable of passing Atmos.

Thanks for the tip. I noticed in the stop assistance that the DSPlayer is only for windows. I am using a NVIDIA Shield as Media player. Is that a way to install DSPlayer in Shield? Thanks
You didn't say you were using a shield. It works fine on intel x86 boxes.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-01-10, 02:47)gilsonsjc Wrote:
(2016-01-10, 01:19)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-01-10, 01:02)gilsonsjc Wrote: Hello!

Thanks
Gilson

Thanks for the tip. I noticed in the stop assistance that the DSPlayer is only for windows. I am using a NVIDIA Shield as Media player. Is that a way to install DSPlayer in Shield? Thanks

No - Windows only. Posting your query in a Windows sub-forum is clearly going to produce assumptions and answers regarding Windows OS.

Have a look at the sticky's in the Android sub-forum, which is where your query should have been placed in the first instance to obtain the best answer.
Ah been a while since ive read about this..
But how am i able to distinguish a movie with atmos visible?

I can remember kodi cant flag it cause its metadata, am i right?
Then how do you guys do this, so you get a flag, and perhaps able to filt all movies with atmos?

Do i need to rename it or use tags? or can the scraper do this ?
(2015-06-19, 08:44)C.Taylor Wrote:
(2015-06-19, 08:29)fritsch Wrote: Hehe - it seems team kodi devs learned from you and now do exactly the same. Posting about it, fixing it locally, rather than doing something to get it solved ...

FYI, I've already did something publicly to help others out.

(2015-02-04, 05:28)C.Taylor Wrote: For those who'd like to add Atmos logos to your skin you need to use "atmos" in your file and path naming convention, then add the following code in the following places.

Variables.xml

Atmos logo on menu screens.

Code:
    <variable name="AudioFlagVar">
        <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Filenameandpath,atmos)">atmoslogo</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.AudioCodec]$INFO[ListItem.AudioChannels]\</value>
    </variable>

Atmos logo on Video Player OSD

Code:
    <variable name="SourceAudioFlagVar">
        <value condition="SubString(Player.Filename,atmos)">atmoslogo.png</value>
        <value>$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioCodec]$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioChannels,,.png]</value>
    </variable>

Plus in DialogFullScreenInfo.xml you must replace this line

Code:
<texture fallback="flags/audio/defaultsound.png">$VAR[ColorFlagsAudio]audio/$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioCodec]$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioChannels,,.png]</texture>

with this line.

Code:
<texture fallback="flags/audio/defaultsound.png">flags/audio/$VAR[SourceAudioFlagVar]</texture>

And you need to have an Atmos logo flag in your skin/medi/flags/audio folder, in this case named atmoslogo.png.

Here are 3 versions of an Atmos logo.

My question still stands. Are the devs going to build this support into Kodi itself so everyone can flag their Atmos movies as they can flag Blu-ray and DVD or just continue to put down those who ask about it on the internet?

is this still the way to go? +adding to filename?
Can someone please explain where these .xml files are located? Do they only exist with certain skins? I've looked in the confluence subfolders and don't find any. Should I create a file there?

Thanks
Bump.... Anyone on the Variables.xml file location? Skin specific? Create this file and put it where?
The file is skin related. I use Aeon Nox the shortcut branch and add the atmos recognition in the files manually. It works fine for me. Maybe not the best solution but a solution.

As Kodi is not developing fmpeg which is used to play the video files they can nothing do to recognize the atmos stream. But tagging the file name with .atmos. works.
Thanks for the reply. I figured this must be skin specific, so I just downloaded Aeon MQ6, but still did not find where to make the file changes. I guess I will need to try Aeon Nox instead.
Tried latest Aeon Nox, but I seems the hack for Atmos tags was for an earlier version 4? DTS-X will be the next request, beginning as early as tomorrow for those running Denon receivers that accept the F/W upgrade.

Anyway, if anyone can help me with the Atmos tagging in a "current" skin that is supported by OpenELEC, please PM me rather than clog up this thread.

Also, happy to see H.265 icon are already working. I've got a few HEVC compressed files that are playing perfectly and look to re-compress some others soon (once I can get the compression to run a whole lot faster!!!)
Please don't ask for PM support.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby atmos3