Linux Compile under Centos 6.5
(2015-05-07, 15:43)wsnipex Wrote: yes, please pastebin config.log after running configure and the taglib.pc file
taglib.pc
http://pastebin.com/uezZ9aUW

How do I put the whole config.log to pastebin ? :|
cat config.log | pastebinit

after you have installed pastebinit utility
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
config.log
http://ur1.ca/kbg4g
retry:

./bootstrap

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
./configure
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Worked ! Smile

Thank you very much !
Code:
-----------------------
Kodi built successfully
-----------------------
Ouh no .... that pkg-config does not care to check /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig ... file that bug with your distribution ... what a pain.

We send you the bill for fooling three engineers by post. You can forward that to centos :-)
I will submit a bug report to the package maintainer along with the bill Smile
lol, really strange
(2015-05-07, 17:12)zanga Wrote: Worked ! Smile

Thank you very much !
Code:
-----------------------
Kodi built successfully
-----------------------

I have used this thread extensively to install a compiled Kodi 15 on my CentOS 6.7 server. I believe I ran into every problem that zanga ran into and a couple more.

To the devs... it is obvious that CentOS is a pain to you. It is not a multimedia platform and so is not very well suited to Kodi. For me, CentOS makes the most sense and is the easiest to maintain. I am glad I am able to make Kodi work on it to utilize some of my extra processing power. For any build on an unsupported platform, I recommend:
1. Get a list of the depends. I have not found a formal list but had to piece it together from all of the forums and internet searches. Satisfy this list BEFORE you start trying to build/install (including all of the -devel packages)
2. Don't forget to check that your build environment meets the dependencies as well. Kodi would not 'make' with the packager provided gcc on CentOS 6.7. I had to download the Redhat Developer tools with gcc 4.7.2 Redhat Developer Tools 1.1 and re-run bootstrap, configure and make.
3. You don't have to get it done tonight. Walk away. I wish I had taken that advice.
4. The devs and users in the forums may have been there before and may know how to help. If they do, ask nicely. And if no one replies, assume they are all busy with their day jobs and don't have time to tutor a newb. Until someone replies and offers to help, keep searching. If you find a solution, post it in the forum where you posted the question.
5. Don't forget to take a look at the big picture. Step back and ask yourself 'do I really need libbluray?' or would I be better off installing this on another machine where it would be a simple package install? I understand it is fun to go through the process. That is how I learned how to do any of this. If you are just doing it for fun, say so if you post a request for help. Most of the requests on this forum read like it is the end of the world.

Thanks to everyone involved in this thread. It was extremely helpful in my application.
very well said!
New version, new challenge Big Grin

Trying now to build the latest (15.2 RC1) version
but stuck on make
Code:
CPP     xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/emu_dummy.o
CPP     xbmc/cores/DllLoader/coff.o
In file included from /usr/local/src/xbmc/xbmc/utils/log.h:36,
                 from emu_dummy.cpp:23:
/usr/local/src/xbmc/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:142: error: âshared_ptrâ is not a member of âstdâ
/usr/local/src/xbmc/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:142: error: âshared_ptrâ is not a member of âstdâ
/usr/local/src/xbmc/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:142: error: template argument 1 is invalid
/usr/local/src/xbmc/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:142: error: expected unqualified-id before â>â token
/usr/local/src/xbmc/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:154: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of âshared_ptrâ with no type
/usr/local/src/xbmc/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:154: error: invalid use of â::â
/usr/local/src/xbmc/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:154: error: expected â;â before â<â token
emu_dummy.cpp:30: error: expected â;â at end of input
emu_dummy.cpp:30: error: expected â}â at end of input
                 from emu_dummy.cpp:23:
/usr/local/src/xbmc/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:129: error: expected unqualified-id at end of input
/usr/local/src/xbmc/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:129: error: expected â}â at end of input
make[1]: *** [emu_dummy.o] Error 1
make: *** [xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/exports.a] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
CPP     xbmc/cores/DllLoader/dll.o
                 from coff.cpp:33:
/usr/local/src/xbmc/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:142: error: template argument 1 is invalid
/usr/local/src/xbmc/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:142: error: expected unqualified-id before â>â token
/usr/local/src/xbmc/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:154: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of âshared_ptrâ with no type
/usr/local/src/xbmc/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:154: error: invalid use of â::â
/usr/local/src/xbmc/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:154: error: expected â;â before â<â token
coff.cpp:1007: error: expected â;â at end of input
coff.cpp:1007: error: expected â}â at end of input
                 from coff.cpp:33:
/usr/local/src/xbmc/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:129: error: expected unqualified-id at end of input
/usr/local/src/xbmc/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:129: error: expected â}â at end of input
make[1]: *** [coff.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
                 from dll.cpp:29:
dll.cpp:284: error: expected â;â at end of input
dll.cpp:284: error: expected â}â at end of input
                 from dll.cpp:29:
make[1]: *** [dll.o] Error 1
make: *** [xbmc/cores/DllLoader/dllloader.a] Error 2

As always any thoughts are more than welcome.
Get a C++11 compiler ...
Got it, thanks !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compile under Centos 6.50