Req PVR add-on for MediaPortal 2?
Does anyone know if it will be PVR support for MediaPortal 2 (TVE 3,5) in XBMC? Any idea about possible release date?
+1

But since MP2 is still not stable version I wouldn't expect this before Helix is out.
The version of TVE3.5 included in MP2 is a long way from being the finished article. In fact ultimately TVE3.5 will be a standalone product which happens to be supported by MP2 along with other "Front Ends".

I know Team MP are busily working on the TV3.5 project but at present there is no ETA. While I way be wrong I wouldn't think Margo will look at this until the first official release version is out.
Hi.
I'm a Member of Team MediaPortal and I'm doing lots of testing on MP2. As I need to use XBMC/Kodi on some devices without Windows running on, I'm very interested in having a TVE 3.5 XBMC-Plugin. As the development of this may take a while I think it's time to start this now. TVE 3.5 already is usable on a daily base with lots of TV sources like DVB-T DVB-S, IPTV,... but some sources (specially some US used ones I don't know anything about) are still under development. Overall for DVB-S already it is a successor over the old TV Server. But I still use the old one, only to have LiveTV in XBMC on my Android- Tablet...

So if someone wants to start developing I'm happy to help with testing and or making contacts to our (really busy) developers...

Thanks for reading, Claus
I'm looking at moving over the MCE to Kodi and using Mediaportal TV Server, I've had MP1 setup and working fine with Kodi on an Amazon Fire TV & my tablet, but I've been playing with MP2 but it doesn't seem to like the TVServerKodi plugin, I've tried installing the add on with MPEI and manually creating a plugins folder and copying the TVServerKodi.dll into that folder but on both occasion's it just caused MP2 TV server to crash and I had to repair the installation/reinstall.

Please note that this is using TVE3, which as I understand it is the TV engine from MP1, in fact the TV Server configuration screen actually shows it as V 1.12.0.0 so I was hoping it would work, but alas not.

Any suggestions, or is there a new version in the works for MP2?
I'm trying the same. Don't know how to add the plugin.
I wasn't too sure either, I tried the Media Portal Extension Manager, after downloading the extension from here I then used the file - open option This did something as the TV server configurator wouldn't load after this, instead crashing out with a load of errors. Just to confuse matters I have MP1 installed with the service stopped so didn't know if the MPEM was for MP1.

Secondly I downloaded the zip version and extracted the DLL to a folder called Plugins (which I had to create) in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server this also caused the program to crash when opening.
I'm just going to run it from mediaportal till someone shows me how to connect it to kodi
Because I got Windows 10 so I can use mediaportal 2
It seems to me that mm1352000 (tvserver 3.5 programmer) has change something in the plugins. So, i think that until margro (mp pvr plugin developer) and mm1352000 talk each other it will be difficult to see a plugin for mp 2.0.
Already asked and waiting for that, because the new tvserver is really an improvement.
Bye,
sdf
You know how long
I won't start on a plugin for 3.5 without any information about the things that need to be changed.
Others can help me if they want. The code can be found here:
https://github.com/margro/TVServerXBMC/t...ortal_1.10
I'm actually surprised that the old TVE3 crashes when using it together with MP2. As far as I know, it is the same TV server as used for MP1.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
(2015-09-08, 10:55)sdfg Wrote: It seems to me that mm1352000 (tvserver 3.5 programmer) has change something in the plugins. So, i think that until margro (mp pvr plugin developer) and mm1352000 talk each other it will be difficult to see a plugin for mp 2.0.
Already asked and waiting for that, because the new tvserver is really an improvement.
Bye,
sdf

I was under the impression that TVE3.5 was not released yet. Is this wrong?
(2015-09-08, 21:57)margro Wrote: I'm actually surprised that the old TVE3 crashes when using it together with MP2. As far as I know, it is the same TV server as used for MP1.

That was my thinking, I don't know a lot about MP1 or MP2, but it looked like the server only install I did of MP2 had installed the MP1 TV server, so I would of thought the plug in would have worked, perhaps I went about installing it incorrectly (see post 7).

If you like I can install MP2 again and see what happens and post screen shots/logs, but please confirm the correct way to install the plug in - it was a long time ago that I set up MP1.

@mcelliott The MP2 Summer 15 release news article clearly states this.

Quote:TV support has been extended. Now we support both the known stable TV engine from MP 1 (aka TVE3) and its upcoming successor TVE 3.5 (which is currently at alpha stage).

When I installed MP2 there was no option to choose the TV Engine, perhaps thats under custom. The main reason I wanted to use MP2 was the advertised support for Media Centre WTV recordings, not that I worked out how to import them.
The TVE3 in MediaPortal 2 uses a SQLite database and not a full SQL server, that's probably one reason the Kodi plugin doesn't work anymore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR add-on for MediaPortal 2?0