Can I upgrade while XBMC is still running?
Lightbulb 
Good morning guys,

Pardon the delayed response as I have'nt checked the forum for quite a while.

Below please find the script line which you should ADD to your CONFIG.XML (residing next to your UNLEASHX executable). PLEASE BE CAREFULL WHILE ADDING THIS TO YOUR XML. ALSO, THIS DOES NOT REPLACE YOUR EXISTING XML BUT IS ADDED TO IT IN IT'S MENU SECTION.

This script will add another XBMC menu to your unleashx menu, under which you will find the following items:

"XBMC Unpack" - unzip the latest build file (XBMC.zip) into XBMC-New;
"Switch to New" - switches between your existing XBMC and the New XBMC (EVERYTHING is backed up in XBMC-Old);
"Switch to Old" - reverets back to the Old(er) XBMC if something went wrong for whatever reason or you simply didn't want to hand on to this build;
"Restore UserData" - as the name indicates... restore your UserData from the Old(er) build (configuration, movie and audio DB etc.)

Just to be clear - I have broken the process into 4 "steps" on purpose to enable you get the hang of it at your leisure. I am sure that once you use this for a couple of times you would consolidate steps 1,2 & 4 into one action which will do an automatic "extract + replace +r estore UserData" action.

If you have any further questions don't hestitate to ask.

A.

--- SCRIPT STARTS HERE ---

<List Text="XBMC" Sort="Off" Auto="On">
<list Text="XBMC Unpack" Sort="Off" Batch="True" Auto="On" Icon="D:\media\MS_Dash.png">
<Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="XBMC Installation/Update">XBMC.zip to E:\Apps\XBMC-New</Item>
<Item Action="UnZip" Arg1="E:\Apps\xbmc.zip" Arg2="E:\Apps\XBMC-New">UnPack XBMC KIoHDD</Item>
<item Action="MessageBox" Arg1="Completed">Done</item>
</list>
<list Text="Switch to NEW" Sort="Off" Batch="True" Auto="On" Icon="D:\media\MS_Dash.png">
<Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="XBMC Installation/Update">XBMC-New to XBMC</Item>
<item Action="rename" Arg1="E:\Apps\XBMC" Arg2="E:\Apps\XBMC-Old">rename XBMC into XBMC-Old</item>
<item Action="rename" Arg1="E:\Apps\XBMC-New" Arg2="E:\Apps\XBMC">rename XBMC-New into XBMC</item>
</list>
<list Text="Switch to OLD" Sort="Off" Batch="True" Auto="On" Icon="D:\media\MS_Dash.png">
<Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="XBMC Installation/Update">XBMC-Old to XBMC</Item>
<item Action="rename" Arg1="E:\Apps\XBMC" Arg2="E:\Apps\XBMC-New">rename XBMC into XBMC-New</item>
<item Action="rename" Arg1="E:\Apps\XBMC-Old" Arg2="E:\Apps\XBMC">rename XBMC-Old into XBMC</item>
</list>
<list Text="Restore UserData" Sort="Off" Batch="True" Auto="On" Icon="D:\media\MS_Dash.png">
<Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="XBMC Installation/Update">Restpre UserData from XBMC-Old</Item>
<item Action="copy" Arg1="E:\Apps\XBMC-Old\UserData\" Arg2="E:\Apps\XBMC\UserData">copy XBMC UserData</item>
</list>
<Item Action="FileManager">File Explorer</Item>
</List>

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by afruff23 - 2006-06-15, 05:38
[No subject] - by HarshReality - 2006-06-15, 08:25
[No subject] - by dkz - 2006-07-10, 18:42
[No subject] - by spiff - 2006-07-10, 18:51
[No subject] - by AnonyOne - 2006-07-10, 19:11
[No subject] - by sabotage - 2006-07-27, 00:52
[No subject] - by LaTropa64 - 2006-07-27, 01:17