• 16(current)
Deprecated PseudoLibrary - Strm Generator w/ Library Integration: AMAZON/HULU/NETFLIX
Any users who build strms from youtube... do you use channels, playlist or both? can you get by having PseudoLibrary building strms from the youtube plugin?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I use channels and playlists..

can I get by having PseudoLibrary build strms from the youtube plugin? >> I dont think I'd mind
Will this work with your other plugin, PlayOn browser? Also as I am sure you already know I am trying to find a way automatically mark STRM files as watched. Any chance it would be appropriate in this plugin or would that be better suited for a feature in the PlayOn browser add-on?
Ok, so the strm files are generated. Now what? I've got Amazon, Hulu, and Netflix in my favourites. When I navigate to a movie or show I know has generated a strm file......no data, art, rating, runtime, etc shows up. I tried manually adding one of the strm files as a video file.....that didn't work either. Any suggestions?
Any way you could take this a couple steps further and make it pull the video source from the strm files, and ideally compile them all into one m3u file for use w/ IPTV simple / tvheadend /etc? I tend to prefer using my TV/Movie libraries (and strm generator) for watching on demand, and kodi's built in live tv for the actual live tv, as I like the stock channel layout better. I don't particularly like using the EPG view, as it's just too much info packed into one screen for me, and thus probably why I haven't been drawn to using PTVL either. Apologies for going on a tangent, but if PTVL offered the same views as could be found in native Kodi live tv (I'm guessing it would probably still be skin dependent), as well as an option to exclude the intro so I didn't feel like I'm leaving Kodi and going into another program, I might be more inclined to embed those different PTVL views right into my main Live TV menu/submenus for something a little more seamless.
(2015-10-09, 00:51)Borg-101 Wrote: Ok, so the strm files are generated. Now what? I've got Amazon, Hulu, and Netflix in my favourites. When I navigate to a movie or show I know has generated a strm file......no data, art, rating, runtime, etc shows up. I tried manually adding one of the strm files as a video file.....that didn't work either. Any suggestions?

Where are you storing those generated strm files? Have you told Kodi they're there, and what type of files (TV or Movies) they contain?
(2015-10-09, 00:56)brohawk Wrote:
(2015-10-09, 00:51)Borg-101 Wrote: Ok, so the strm files are generated. Now what? I've got Amazon, Hulu, and Netflix in my favourites. When I navigate to a movie or show I know has generated a strm file......no data, art, rating, runtime, etc shows up. I tried manually adding one of the strm files as a video file.....that didn't work either. Any suggestions?

Where are you storing those generated strm files? Have you told Kodi they're there, and what type of files (TV or Movies) they contain?

I just left them in the default directory. They all went into one big "Movies" folder, with subdirectories for each movie or show. For instance "%AppData%\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudo.library\Strms\Movies\Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)\Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014).strm". I tried various movies and shows, all of which have strm files generated in the exact same manner as my example.

I'm not sure what mean by have I told Kodi that they are there. How would I do that? I checked the settings.xml and the "STRM_LOC" location is set to the default. Just as a test, I put a few strm files in the default directory, as well as copies of them in subfolders of the same name. I reloaded the add-on and nothing.

You've got to understand, I'm a 3rd year computer science dropout. I've worked in marketing for the past 12 years after college. So I basically know nothing and do even less for a career.....much less know anything about coding. :-p ......that should probably be my sig. lol
What I meant is have you had Kodi scrape the folder for content yet? I.e., you go to video files, add source, select the folder, then tell Kodi whether the folder is tv, movies or music, same as you would do if you have, say, some dvd rips of your movies on a hard drive and wanted them to show in your movie library.
(2015-10-09, 01:31)brohawk Wrote: What I meant is have you had Kodi scrape the folder for content yet? I.e., you go to video files, add source, select the folder, then tell Kodi whether the folder is tv, movies or music, same as you would do if you have, say, some dvd rips of your movies on a hard drive and wanted them to show in your movie library.

Thanks BRO......hawk.....lol. Seriously....thank you. That's what I was missing. I am running into an issue using Kore remote on my tablet and phone. All the keys work but it only shows all streams as being a few minutes long. When I try to select position on them, it fast forwards by one second. I can manually fast forward, slowmo, play, pause, stop, resume, etc, etc. Also, Kore shows no metadata. Is there something I can do to change that? You guys have been extremely helpful in making this "wife approved" the past few weeks. This is one of the last hurdles.
So I'm running into two minor problems and one minor question. I've gotten the addon to generate strm files. Everything is scraping correctly. My first problem is, how can I correct incorrect meta data? For example, Archer on Netflix, listed as "Archer (2009)" on TVDB is showing up as "Archer" some show from the 70's. I've tried renaming the show by right clicking on the folder in Kodi, then rescraping.....that didn't work. So then, I tried renaming the strm files themselves, then rescrapped, and that didn't work either. Do I need to put a special exception in settings2.xml?

My second error pertains to PseudoLibrary and PlayOn browser.....I get an error as soon as PseudoLibrary begins scraping. I haven't checked the log but I'm willing to bet its the same problem with the PlayOn Browser addon, because I have Amazon listed to scrape first in settings2.xml. The PlayOn Browser tells me my Amazon account info is wrong, but when I check it in PlayOn itself, it says it is correct. I'm not quite sure how to fix that. I'm also having an issue where not all of my Hulu subscriptions are having strm files generated for them. That one boggles me as well.

My question is this; What is the easiest way to add switchable profiles? I realize this is probably more of a skin feature, but I need easy use for my wife and kids. I want to set up a kids profile that just has kid programs, movies, etc.....possibly a profile that will allow a rating index, so everything TV-13 and under and PG-13 and under to show up. Any thoughts?
Borg, sorry, can only help you w/ the first question as I don't use PlayOn or profiles myself. Hit the info button (or context menu, then tv show info). From the next screen there's a refresh /circle button you need to hit to have Kodi refresh data that will then give you all options for which Archer show you actually have. Select the right one and it'll then correct your metadata.
Thank you again! That fixed the show and movie problem. I had 2 shows and 3 movies out of like 300. I appreciate you helping where you can. Do addons generate their own logs or is there just one log for all of Kodi? Any idea as to why not all my shows are generating strm files? I added a whole bunch to my Hulu subscriptions and only about half of them are showing up in Kodi and can't figure out why some aren't having strm files generated.
I'm going to be releasing a alpha preview of the new PseudoLibrary video plugin at my repo. Its not 100% functional... I don't need logs or bug reports... But I would like suggestions for features, content menu ideas, whatever... if you want it as a feature this is your time to speak up... Install the new code, get an idea for its basic framework... and post your feedback. Thanks
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Nice... I'll check it out.
I'd like to try it. Feature request would be to somehow make it work with PlayOn Browser, so I could integrate the strms into my library.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoLibrary - Strm Generator w/ Library Integration: AMAZON/HULU/NETFLIX5