• 17(current)
Deprecated PseudoLibrary - Strm Generator w/ Library Integration: AMAZON/HULU/NETFLIX
What version of PlayOn do you have. It might just be me but I noticed that PlayOn works fine through the application and the app on my mobile devices but I can't get Kodi to play any videos even by direct upnp.
(2015-10-17, 05:51)skarragallagher Wrote: What version of PlayOn do you have. It might just be me but I noticed that PlayOn works fine through the application and the app on my mobile devices but I can't get Kodi to play any videos even by direct upnp.

The latest one. 4. something something. They recently changed the GUI, but everything still works the same for me. If you have GPU acceleration turned on, turn it off. If you have it off, turn it on. My Windows machines don't like GPU accelerated streams, but my Android boxes played them just fine. I had to turn off GPU acceleration to get videos to play on all systems. Takes a little more CPU power, but I have an 8 core processor, so it's no biggie.
Dude you are the man. Turning off GPU acceleration did the trick. It was working before, not sure what happened. Thank you so much
(2015-10-17, 01:52)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm going to be releasing a alpha preview of the new PseudoLibrary video plugin at my repo. Its not 100% functional... I don't need logs or bug reports... But I would like suggestions for features, content menu ideas, whatever... if you want it as a feature this is your time to speak up... Install the new code, get an idea for its basic framework... and post your feedback. Thanks

I tried this out, not sure if the stream building is functional yet. Will there be an option to show/hide progress? I also noticed no option for separate TV/movie folders. Will the be a global exclude option(Clips)? Any plans/possibility you can work your context menu magic on thisBig Grin
(2015-10-17, 21:39)spyder Wrote:
(2015-10-17, 01:52)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm going to be releasing a alpha preview of the new PseudoLibrary video plugin at my repo. Its not 100% functional... I don't need logs or bug reports... But I would like suggestions for features, content menu ideas, whatever... if you want it as a feature this is your time to speak up... Install the new code, get an idea for its basic framework... and post your feedback. Thanks

I tried this out, not sure if the stream building is functional yet. Will there be an option to show/hide progress? I also noticed no option for separate TV/movie folders. Will the be a global exclude option(Clips)? Any plans/possibility you can work your context menu magic on thisBig Grin

Yes, a option will prompt you for the type of strms (TV/Movie/Other) but only for multiple strms ie you selected a folder.

A Global context like PTVL? yeah I can do that... if you don't see it in beta please remind me Smile
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-10-17, 03:14)RamboUnchained Wrote: I'd like to try it. Feature request would be to somehow make it work with PlayOn Browser, so I could integrate the strms into my library.

It does work with PlayOn browser. If you follow the tutorial in the beginning you should be able to see your PlayOn streams in your library.
I'm pushing another alpha preview update later today, features upnp sources and should generate strms from files and folders, tho you might not get the desired filename format... still a work in progress.

I'm also designing PseudoLibrary to act as a middle man plugin for exporting links to PseudoTV Live.
(2015-10-09, 00:55)brohawk Wrote: Any way you could take this a couple steps further and make it pull the video source from the strm files, and ideally compile them all into one m3u file for use w/ IPTV simple / tvheadend /etc? I tend to prefer using my TV/Movie libraries (and strm generator) for watching on demand, and kodi's built in live tv for the actual live tv, as I like the stock channel layout better. I don't particularly like using the EPG view, as it's just too much info packed into one screen for me, and thus probably why I haven't been drawn to using PTVL either. Apologies for going on a tangent, but if PTVL offered the same views as could be found in native Kodi live tv (I'm guessing it would probably still be skin dependent), as well as an option to exclude the intro so I didn't feel like I'm leaving Kodi and going into another program, I might be more inclined to embed those different PTVL views right into my main Live TV menu/submenus for something a little more seamless.

Luna, any thoughts on either of these "tangents" I brought up earlier in this thread?
(2015-10-19, 20:20)brohawk Wrote:
(2015-10-09, 00:55)brohawk Wrote: Any way you could take this a couple steps further and make it pull the video source from the strm files, and ideally compile them all into one m3u file for use w/ IPTV simple / tvheadend /etc? I tend to prefer using my TV/Movie libraries (and strm generator) for watching on demand, and kodi's built in live tv for the actual live tv, as I like the stock channel layout better. I don't particularly like using the EPG view, as it's just too much info packed into one screen for me, and thus probably why I haven't been drawn to using PTVL either. Apologies for going on a tangent, but if PTVL offered the same views as could be found in native Kodi live tv (I'm guessing it would probably still be skin dependent), as well as an option to exclude the intro so I didn't feel like I'm leaving Kodi and going into another program, I might be more inclined to embed those different PTVL views right into my main Live TV menu/submenus for something a little more seamless.

Luna, any thoughts on either of these "tangents" I brought up earlier in this thread?

Kodis PVR backend doesn't work that way, you can't use plugins...
I know, which is real a shame. Was hoping you might have ideas on working around Kodi's PVR limitations though. Take for example the live streams that the World News Live addon provides. I've used PL to generate strm files of those channels in the past. And if memory serves me correctly, there is a m3u8 address, along w/ a bunch of other stuff, in each of those strm folders. Was hoping you might be able to think of a way to extract the m3u8 from each strm folder and then compile them all into a m3u file, so they could then be used by a PVR backend?
(2015-10-19, 20:56)brohawk Wrote: I know, which is real a shame. Was hoping you might have ideas on working around Kodi's PVR limitations though. Take for example the live streams that the World News Live addon provides. I've used PL to generate strm files of those channels in the past. And if memory serves me correctly, there is a m3u8 address, along w/ a bunch of other stuff, in each of those strm folders. Was hoping you might be able to think of a way to extract the m3u8 from each strm folder and then compile them all into a m3u file, so they could then be used by a PVR backend?

Sorry... that's an extremely rare case, PL will generate strms. What you do with the strms and its links is up to you. Thanks
No worries, I get that, and that other addons might provide different types of strm files that might not work w/ a m3u file anyway which could make such a project way too complicated. Thanks for at least listening. Maybe some day the Kodi devs will update PVR to take plugin sources as well.
(2015-10-18, 22:14)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm pushing another alpha preview update later today, features upnp sources and should generate strms from files and folders, tho you might not get the desired filename format... still a work in progress.

I'm also designing PseudoLibrary to act as a middle man plugin for exporting links to PseudoTV Live.
Tried the new version, and was able to successfully generate some strms. I wasn't getting the show name in a folder, but you already pointed out this is a wip.
I did notice that when creating strms for TV Shows, it creates a 'TV Show' folder. I set this up to go directly into my existing 'TV' folder I use for my library, and this results in the library update treating the PL folder as a tv show(I forget what show it thought it was). Will there be a way to disable this, I really don't want to set another folder location as a separate library to update(adding to my 'files' list).
(2015-10-20, 17:10)spyder Wrote:
(2015-10-18, 22:14)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm pushing another alpha preview update later today, features upnp sources and should generate strms from files and folders, tho you might not get the desired filename format... still a work in progress.

Tried the new version, and was able to successfully generate some strms. I wasn't getting the show name in a folder, but you already pointed out this is a wip.
I did notice that when creating strms for TV Shows, it creates a 'TV Show' folder. I set this up to go directly into my existing 'TV' folder I use for my library, and this results in the library update treating the PL folder as a tv show(I forget what show it thought it was). Will there be a way to disable this, I really don't want to set another folder location as a separate library to update(adding to my 'files' list).

PL will have one folder and store media in subfolders ie, TV/Showtitle/... or Movie/Showtitle (year)/...

IMO its not a good idea to mix media and strms into one folder and scrape them all together using Kodi... Its best to keep strms separated, which makes cleaning and removing titles from kodis library faster and safer.
Problem with Alpha. I know your requesting feedback but I can't even get any streams to generate. Using Kodi 15.2 Isengard, Alpha PL 0.0.2 :

11:06:30 T:6596 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
11:06:30 T:6596 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:06:30 T:6596 NOTICE: CommonFunctions-2.5.1
11:06:30 T:6596 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle -1
11:06:30 T:6596 WARNING: Previous line repeats 4 times.
11:06:30 T:6596 NOTICE: [plugin.video.pseudo.library-0.0.2]: get_params
11:06:30 T:6596 NOTICE: [plugin.video.pseudo.library-0.0.2]: paramstring = ?url=upnp%3A%2F%2F7f833bef-d217-4a7c-97e2-3a2e3cb8dd70%2Famazon-72efc5a423854a178b1623008cc827a7%2F&mode=101&name=Slasher+Movies&fanart=&mode=200&name=Slasher Movies
11:06:30 T:6596 NOTICE: [plugin.video.pseudo.library-0.0.2]: param = {'url': 'upnp%3A%2F%2F7f833bef-d217-4a7c-97e2-3a2e3cb8dd70%2Famazon-72efc5a423854a178b1623008cc827a7%2F', 'fanart': '', 'mode': '200', 'name': 'Slasher Movies'}
11:06:30 T:6596 NOTICE: [plugin.video.pseudo.library-0.0.2]: Mode: 200
11:06:30 T:6596 NOTICE: [plugin.video.pseudo.library-0.0.2]: URL: upnp://7f833bef-d217-4a7c-97e2-3a2e3cb8dd70/amazon-72efc5a423854a178b1623008cc827a7/
11:06:30 T:6596 NOTICE: [plugin.video.pseudo.library-0.0.2]: Name: Slasher Movies
11:06:30 T:6596 NOTICE: [plugin.video.pseudo.library-0.0.2]: write multi strms
11:06:32 T:6596 NOTICE: [plugin.video.pseudo.library-0.0.2]: writeSettings2
11:06:32 T:6596 NOTICE: [plugin.video.pseudo.library-0.0.2]: fillPluginItems
11:06:32 T:6596 NOTICE: [plugin.video.pseudo.library-0.0.2]: requestList, path = upnp://7f833bef-d217-4a7c-97e2-3a2e3cb8dd70/amazon-72efc5a423854a178b1623008cc827a7/
11:06:32 T:6596 NOTICE: [plugin.video.pseudo.library-0.0.2]: fillPluginItems
11:06:32 T:6596 NOTICE: [plugin.video.pseudo.library-0.0.2]: requestList, path = upnp://7f833bef-d217-4a7c-97e2-3a2e3cb8dd70/amazon-a5f855002bfe47f796dd369e159c98ca/
11:06:32 T:6596 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
Error Contents: local variable 'path' referenced before assignment
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Syber\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.pseudo.library\default.py", line 559, in <module>
fillPluginItems(url, strm=True, strm_name=name, strm_type=type)
File "C:\Users\Syber\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.pseudo.library\default.py", line 223, in fillPluginItems
fillPluginItems(file, media_type, file_type, strm, label, strm_type)
File "C:\Users\Syber\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.pseudo.library\default.py", line 217, in fillPluginItems
writeSTRM(cleanStrms(path), cleanStrms(filename) ,link)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'path' referenced before assignment
-->End of Python script error report<--

it errors out strait after the Media Type menu following "Movies" selection.

Apologies for the debug, I get its in testing and very much appreciate all the effort you put in !!
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoLibrary - Strm Generator w/ Library Integration: AMAZON/HULU/NETFLIX5