• 6(current)
Req Titan skin feature requests
Figure out how to fix the overlay issue -

Apparently the skin setting for ColorTheme had got set to null so I temporarily whacked my gui settings file to see what the defaults were and put a value in place of the null setting and now I can cycle thru default light blue dark custom etc as intended.

You might want to find out how the settings got all mangled up in the migration or put in some tests for a null entry to handle that condition on your ColorTheme setting code.

Hope this helps
(2014-11-15, 07:09)mgonzales Wrote: Feedback for the latest beta...

I see an available update to the helper service is available - 1.2.7 but It won't download.

The skin settings menu no longer indicate what version you are running

I've lost my overlay selection - the skin settings now just indicates the overlay I once had selected with no way to change it as previously was available in settings.

If you are going to allow tiles for sub menus please allow a custom tile image

Probably should do this for custom widgets as well.

The OSD display with playback still starts too quickly and only for a moment - can you delay it until after a few seconds of playback start then display it for a few seconds?

I would almost describe what I had envisioned is you simulate info / artwork that is displayed with a "pause" 5 seconds after playback starts but don't actually pause playback and leave out the pause indicator

I am running helix beta 3.1.21 of the skin.

As always thanks for all the hard work!!

Mario

Hi Mario, thanks for testing.

1) There's something wrong with the file for the helper service, I'll fix that right away.

2) Now that I've switched to seperate versions there's no way for me to determine the version.
That's why it isn't mentioned anymore in the settings screen...

3) I noticed this too this morning, I was quitte sure that I provided a default value for this but apparently not...

4) custom tile images are possible for submenus and widgets, see the menu editor.

5) On my Gotham testmachine this seems to work okay, I'll test it later today on my Helix machine.

I'll post a fix later today. I saw some very small glitches myself too in the views.

(2014-11-15, 10:17)mgonzales Wrote: Figure out how to fix the overlay issue -

Apparently the skin setting for ColorTheme had got set to null so I temporarily whacked my gui settings file to see what the defaults were and put a value in place of the null setting and now I can cycle thru default light blue dark custom etc as intended.

You might want to find out how the settings got all mangled up in the migration or put in some tests for a null entry to handle that condition on your ColorTheme setting code.

Hope this helps

In my case it was fine after restarting XBMC... But I'll check the code and add some safety fallbacks :-)

(2014-11-15, 08:02)Dark_Slayer Wrote: Could you (or are you) integrate the trailer links from MB3 server into Titan? The equilibrium mb3 skin was able to do this some way

I know Titan already has trailer support, but not for the MB3 library integration

It allready has support for trailers...
If a MB3 trailer is available it plays that, the fallback is YouTube trailers..

Or isnt that what you mean ?
(2014-11-15, 11:35)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-11-15, 07:09)mgonzales Wrote: Feedback for the latest beta...

I see an available update to the helper service is available - 1.2.7 but It won't download.

The skin settings menu no longer indicate what version you are running

I've lost my overlay selection - the skin settings now just indicates the overlay I once had selected with no way to change it as previously was available in settings.

If you are going to allow tiles for sub menus please allow a custom tile image

Probably should do this for custom widgets as well.

The OSD display with playback still starts too quickly and only for a moment - can you delay it until after a few seconds of playback start then display it for a few seconds?

I would almost describe what I had envisioned is you simulate info / artwork that is displayed with a "pause" 5 seconds after playback starts but don't actually pause playback and leave out the pause indicator

I am running helix beta 3.1.21 of the skin.

As always thanks for all the hard work!!

Mario

Hi Mario, thanks for testing.

1) There's something wrong with the file for the helper service, I'll fix that right away.

2) Now that I've switched to seperate versions there's no way for me to determine the version.
That's why it isn't mentioned anymore in the settings screen...

3) I noticed this too this morning, I was quitte sure that I provided a default value for this but apparently not...

4) custom tile images are possible for submenus and widgets, see the menu editor.

5) On my Gotham testmachine this seems to work okay, I'll test it later today on my Helix machine.

I'll post a fix later today. I saw some very small glitches myself too in the views.

(2014-11-15, 10:17)mgonzales Wrote: Figure out how to fix the overlay issue -

Hope this helps

In my case it was fine after restarting XBMC... But I'll check the code and add some safety fallbacks :-)

When I edit a submenu or custom widget I only have the following options:

Add
Delete
Move up
Move down
Set label
Change shortcut

From your reply I would assume a set custom tile image option is expected to be here but is somehow missing from this list for me? - hmmm... could this be caused by my setting being mangled?
Periodically I get a popup from xbmc telling me I can't run this script directly with titan referenced in the message.

I've looked in the log file for a clue to what may be causing it but I don't see anything - I may need to enable debugging to get a more verbose logging to point me towards the cause.

Have you seen this behavior?

Doesn't seem to break anything that I can tell but then I may not notice anything missing i don't know to expect either.

again I'm running helix beta 2
(2014-11-15, 12:00)mgonzales Wrote: Periodically I get a popup from xbmc telling me I can't run this script directly with titan referenced in the message.

I've looked in the log file for a clue to what may be causing it but I don't see anything - I may need to enable debugging to get a more verbose logging to point me towards the cause.

Have you seen this behavior?

Doesn't seem to break anything that I can tell but then I may not notice anything missing i don't know to expect either.

again I'm running helix beta 2

Ah, I think that's because you need the latest version of the helper service for the osd panel trick...
I fixed the upload on the repo so please try again to update the helper script...

(2014-11-15, 11:49)mgonzales Wrote: When I edit a submenu or custom widget I only have the following options:

Add
Delete
Move up
Move down
Set label
Change shortcut

From your reply I would assume a set custom tile image option is expected to be here but is somehow missing from this list for me? - hmmm... could this be caused by my setting being mangled?

If you have enabled the enhanced home screen or enabled the images for submenus than you must have the option to change the tile's image...
Just double-checked the code for that :-)

Also I noted that I have indeed fixed a default value for the background overlay so I think settings get messed up once you switch from default skin.titan to skin.titan.beta. This will be fixed as soon as I publish a new stable version to official repo as than the name will be slightly different...
Oh, if you select the color overlay "light" --> that's your contribution ;-)

What you can do is remove the stable version from your system and install that one from official repo and after that install the beta version from xbmb3c repo.

I noticed on my owen livingroom pc that if I install the beta edition the settings are indeed messed up (I think xbmc is confused by the name) but after a reboot of my httpc all is fine and the correct default settings were applied. So, I'm convinced this will be fixed once the skin is updated on official repo.

After that you have

Official Repo Gotham/Helix --> skin.titan --> Titan MediaBrowser
Beta Repo Gotham --> skin.titan.beta --> Titan MediaBrowser Beta (gotham)
Beta Repo Helix --> skin.titan.helix --> Titan MediaBrowser Beta (helix)
uploaded new beta with the fixes.
please let me know!
This may be a frivolous request but I may as well throw it out there at least :-)

If you have icon tiles enable for submenus and widgets can you remove the main tile label (see photo - highlighted in red box)

Also since so many of the available xbmc icons are now transparent can we maybe have the ability to select from a list of background colors for the tiles?

Look at the photo link and you will see what I mean.

I think if you allow background colors to be set the first part of this request may be a non-issue since I think the main tile label will always be obscured by the sub tile images.

I just saw your post regarding latest beta - I'm going to download and test here soon.

Thanks!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/93c0vu7w7x3dpi...t.png?dl=0
The OSD info display with delay at start works for me now and is exactly how I envisioned it.

Haven't found any examples of skins that display in there OSD clear art or logos for movies and tv shows __via add-ons__ - is that property / info even passed from add-ons?

So far when playing via add-ons I have only seen episode art for TV shows and poster art for movies in the lower left of the OSD but never anything at the top other than the generic video icon.
(2014-11-15, 18:16)mgonzales Wrote: The OSD info display with delay at start works for me now and is exactly how I envisioned it.

Haven't found any examples of skins that display in there OSD clear art or logos for movies and tv shows __via add-ons__ - is that property / info even passed from add-ons?

So far when playing via add-ons I have only seen episode art for TV shows and poster art for movies in the lower left of the OSD but never anything at the top other than the generic video icon.

I'm afraid that those properties aren't filled by those addons. Just the basic artwork like posters and fan art.
The skin presents it if available, if not falls back to posters.

Great to hear that the OSD info feature works, nice suggestion, have it enabled myself in my own setup too [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

(2014-11-15, 17:59)mgonzales Wrote: This may be a frivolous request but I may as well throw it out there at least :-)

If you have icon tiles enable for submenus and widgets can you remove the main tile label (see photo - highlighted in red box)

Also since so many of the available xbmc icons are now transparent can we maybe have the ability to select from a list of background colors for the tiles?

I think if you allow background colors to be set the first part of this request may be a non-issue since I think the main tile label will always be obscured by the sub tile images.

I just saw your post regarding latest beta - I'm going to download and test here soon.

Thanks!!

Well you're in luck as a added this option in the current beta version. You can disable the labels on a per tile base, see the menu editor...
(2014-11-15, 18:26)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-11-15, 18:16)mgonzales Wrote: The OSD info display with delay at start works for me now and is exactly how I envisioned it.

I'm afraid that those properties aren't filled by those addons. Just the basic artwork like posters and fan art.
The skin presents it if available, if not falls back to posters.

Great to hear that the OSD info feature works, nice suggestion, have it enabled myself in my own setup too [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

(2014-11-15, 17:59)mgonzales Wrote: This may be a frivolous request but I may as well throw it out there at least :-)

Thanks!!

Well you're in luck as a added this option in the current beta version. You can disable the labels on a per tile base, see the menu editor...

Well - I like the Tile titles being displayed but as a test I tried it on one of my main menu tiles and on selection of the tile with images for submenus on it actually puts the tile title label text on the home screen and the tile itself when the submenu tiles appear.

I still vote for a global submenu and custom widget tile background color option if you get bored :-)

I won't stress if you don't add it as I can simply edit my tile images manually ;-) just figured with all the transparent icons it may be cool to have

But I think the re-appearance of the tile title label text on submenu selection is possibly a bug

See if you can reproduce - I'm on the .22 beta for helix

Thanks

Mario
Marcel,

Could this be of help for extended OSD artwork with add-on video playback?

https://github.com/phil65/script.skin.info.service

From the readme:

######################################################
#####################FOR SKINNERS#####################
######################################################

Start the script with RunScript(script.skin.info.service) in startup.xml
Properties will be available in the corresponding media windows.

New properties:

For artists:
Window(home).Property(...)
'Artist.Album.%d.Title' % i
'Artist.Album.%d.Plot' % i
'Artist.Album.%d.PlotOutline' % i
'Artist.Album.%d.Year' % i
'Artist.Album.%d.Duration' % i
'Artist.Album.%d.Thumb' % i
'Artist.Album.%d.ID' % i
'Artist.Albums.Newest'
'Artist.Albums.Oldest'
'Artist.Albums.Count'
'Artist.Albums.Playcount'

For Albums:
'Album.Song.%d.Title' % i
'Album.Song.%d.FileExtension' % i
'Album.Songs.TrackList'
'Album.Songs.Discs'
'Album.Songs.Discs'
'Album.Songs.Duration'
'Album.Songs.Count'

For movie sets:
'Set.Movie.%d.Art(clearlogo)' % i
'Set.Movie.%d.Art(fanart)' % i
'Set.Movie.%d.Art(poster)' % i
'Set.Movie.%d.Art(discart)' % i
'Set.Movies.Plot'
'Set.Movies.ExtendedPlot'
'Set.Movies.Runtime'
'Set.Movies.Writer'
'Set.Movies.Director'
'Set.Movies.Genre'
'Set.Movies.Years'
'Set.Movies.Count'

For movie years, directors, actors, genres, studios countries and tags:
'Detail.Movie.%d.Art(poster)' % i
'Detail.Movie.%d.Art(fanart)' % i
'Detail.Movie.%d.Path' % i

For movies:
Window(movieinformation).Property(...)
AudioLanguage.%d' % i
AudioCodec.%d' % i
AudioChannels.%d' % i
SubtitleLanguage.%d' % i
(2014-11-15, 11:35)marcelveldt Wrote: It allready has support for trailers...

That's exactly what I mean, but I'm not seeing any Trailer button at all anywhere

I don't have their channel plugin at the moment. I was just looking to play youtube trailers the way xbmc works with a lot of skins

On a separate note, I can't get playback to initiate from the TItan video info screen. It starts to for about a second and ends with "script:failed XBMB3C" ~ do you use your Titan video info screen with XBMB3C, or does that only work with a native XBMC library?

Thanks
(2014-11-15, 23:04)Dark_Slayer Wrote:
(2014-11-15, 11:35)marcelveldt Wrote: It allready has support for trailers...

That's exactly what I mean, but I'm not seeing any Trailer button at all anywhere

I don't have their channel plugin at the moment. I was just looking to play youtube trailers the way xbmc works with a lot of skins

On a separate note, I can't get playback to initiate from the TItan video info screen. It starts to for about a second and ends with "script:failed XBMB3C" ~ do you use your Titan video info screen with XBMB3C, or does that only work with a native XBMC library?

Thanks

I have just found out on my own setup that indeed the movieinfo screen is messed up when using mediabrowser mode. Maybe something has changed in latest addon or some error in the skin.

I will look into this tomorrow and fix it.

Regards,

Marcel
Hey,

Marcel been playing with your skin again and had a couple ideas for the enhanced desktop view sub menus. when going to the submenus and opening them they go to a different veiw, would ir be possible to make that lets say when checking movies and selecting the genres menu it would not go to a different menu but display the selection in the spotlight area and only when you select a particular genre it would go to the already filtered list.
Sharing a couple winter themed overlays I created.

Modify and use as you like.

Enjoy,

Mario

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin feature requests4