• 2(current)
Req Titan skin feature requests
p.s. loving the Big Panel Details view with large thumbnail and fanart background option. Awsome.

I've noticed a tiny issue though which is you have a black bar above the top row of the thumbnail...almost as if the bottom of the row above is peaking through.
(2014-10-16, 21:25)logan_x50 Wrote: I only have 1 row. Movies (tile), Tv Shows (tile) Weather (tile) etc. I thought I would be able to mix n match the background for each i.e. for Movies maybe the default background, for TV Fanart and for weather maybe a custom from file. Anyway, i don't seem to be able to do this. It doesn't quite seem to behave as per my setting in the backgrounds settings section.
Well, it should do just what you want. The only thing that is missing is an option to use the default global background maybe?
Did you notice you can set the background-type for every section ? So, select a section and than you can select a background option underneath that setting...
I'm trying to replicate your problem but I can't so maybe I don't get it :-)
[/quote]

(2014-10-16, 21:25)logan_x50 Wrote: I think the skin settings changes are great. I actually think you've managed to increase the customisation AND make it easier to understand by logical ordering. I can see you would probably want to combine the tiles menu and the tiles ordering menu at some point probably by electing a number for the tile in the tile settings.
Í created the whole ordering-system myself. Still thinking how I can get that easier in the future.

(2014-10-16, 21:25)logan_x50 Wrote: I have another small change request which is to change the "context menu" colour from white on blue to black on blue when you highlight...basically make it the same behaviour as the home screen sub menus
Good one, will add that.
Just to let you know.. I'm currently switching to to the skin-shortcuts script which allows me to create a very flexible system for the whole menu management.
This solves a few issues:

- create menu's and submenu's to anywhere in the system
- set images, backgrounds, widgets yourself
- allow background per-tile instead of per-section
- more concenient way of sorting
- etc.

Because the script fits perfectly in how I had things scripted before I think this change should be available very soon!
NEW BETA VERSION AVAILABLE --> Version 2.1.0

There is a new beta version of the skin available of the skin on the XBMB3C (mediabrowser) repo.
Besides a great amount of fixes and polishing of some things there are really great features added:

1. switch to skinshortcuts script

I decided to adjust my whole skin and adopt the superior skinshortcuts-script in order to make the whole menu-system more flexibele, stable and to fix some things that where a bit of a pain before (like sorting the menu and setting options).

2. new (user friendly) settings screen to manage home screen
- All of the settings that are home-menu related can now be done from one screen!
- Endless creation of your own tiles to any point in the system you want.
- create your own submenu's and set widgets
- mix sources from different libraries in the menu's
- set backgrounds on a per-tile base (defaults are provided)

3. custom background for loginscreen
You can now set a personal background for the loginscreen

4. option to set the background overlay
set the background overlay to the darker or white (snow) theme.

5. German language for skin-only strings

Thanks to XBMC user PeteTheBeat !

IMPORTANT NOTE:

The switch to the new system for managing the home menu's has a lot of advantages. Unfortunately there's also a downside...
If you had custom tile images or even custom tiles set they will not be migrated if you update to this beta.
I tried to create some migration scripts but this simply wasn't possible without a lot of dirty hacking.
Basically you just have to add your own custom tiles and backgrounds again but with the new settings screen for that it will be very easy to do.

I provide a very good set of default home menu items so you won't have a big problem.
I think that in 95% of the cases all tiles will be there again so no problems with the wife calling she can't watch a movie ;-)
No other skin settings will be lost so if you had the skin setup before to use MediaBrowser it still will be and even the custom collection tiles will be loaded etc. etc.

NOTE 2:

This update is a beta version ONLY available on the XBMB3C repo.
If it' proven stable it will be available on the main XBMC repo within the next week.

If you find any issues, please let me know!
I don't remember the name of the feature , but what I would like to be added is to get pictures from internet of the singing artist.Is this possible? I know some other skins do that. Thanks a lot . Keep up the good work
(2014-11-07, 15:26)onlineN Wrote: I don't remember the name of the feature , but what I would like to be added is to get pictures from internet of the singing artist.Is this possible? I know some other skins do that. Thanks a lot . Keep up the good work

Well, this is allready supported. The addon is called "artistslideshow" and the skin has builtin support for it.
Just install the addon within the addons section and you're all set.

I will include the addon in the skin's requirements so it will be automatically installed...
would be nice to have either a small button or the option to view trailers in the movie/shows selection, at first small screen with the oportuninty t make it full screen when pressed on the running video, quite a long shot request but in my opinion a very nice addition
(2014-11-07, 21:50)darkmeiun Wrote: would be nice to have either a small button or the option to view trailers in the movie/shows selection, at first small screen with the oportuninty t make it full screen when pressed on the running video, quite a long shot request but in my opinion a very nice addition

This is allready possible in the info dialog (press info on a movie title)...

There you'll see an option to play the trailer...
First off - loving this skin - thanks for the great work!

Couple of feature requests:

Subtitle search -

Provide filename in dialog somewhere (small) as it greatly helps in selecting the correct subs.

When searching indicate with a "searching" status and if none found provide a "none found" message - often I don't know if the search is happening of if it's done and nothing is found - sometimes the sub sites can be slow and it's hard to tell what's going on.

In the add-on views for music/pictures/video/programs -

Provide a more "square" icon view with the option of label / no label and fan art / no fan art switches.

I like big panel but it's not square and sometimes id like to disable labels when icons have labels as part of themselves.

OSD -

An option to display clear art, logo, poster or episode (if available)

Add on views -

The graphic for ".." and "get more..." is some odd Google Music headphones icon with a cubed corner view of music album artwork - can that be something more indicative of the function of the respective action?

That is all for now - again thanks for the awesome work!!

Mario
(2014-11-07, 20:03)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-11-07, 15:26)onlineN Wrote: I don't remember the name of the feature , but what I would like to be added is to get pictures from internet of the singing artist.Is this possible? I know some other skins do that. Thanks a lot . Keep up the good work

Well, this is allready supported. The addon is called "artistslideshow" and the skin has builtin support for it.
Just install the addon within the addons section and you're all set.

I will include the addon in the skin's requirements so it will be automatically installed...

You're right! All I had to do was to configure the Artistslideshow ( which I forgot...Smile )

........Best skin EVER!!!!!
(2014-11-07, 23:05)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-11-07, 21:50)darkmeiun Wrote: would be nice to have either a small button or the option to view trailers in the movie/shows selection, at first small screen with the oportuninty t make it full screen when pressed on the running video, quite a long shot request but in my opinion a very nice addition

thanks, missed that, but from that noticed 1 issue and gor 1 suggestion.

the info screen screen uses the poster but it deforms it to fit in the container, so the image doesn't look very well.

and a suggestion would be to make it possible to select the trailer source (like add-on integration like apple trailers or h-trailers) or the ability to use local trailers or both
(2014-11-08, 20:36)darkmeiun Wrote:
(2014-11-07, 23:05)marcelveldt Wrote:

thanks, missed that, but from that noticed 1 issue and gor 1 suggestion.

the info screen screen uses the poster but it deforms it to fit in the container, so the image doesn't look very well.

and a suggestion would be to make it possible to select the trailer source (like add-on integration like apple trailers or h-trailers) or the ability to use local trailers or both

Yes, I noticed the wrong image myself too this afternoon. Will fix it right away.

About the trailers: Currently it supports both local trailers and YouTube.
It will display a button for every one that is available.
I can offcourse add more... Will do that within a few days.
(2014-11-08, 10:15)mgonzales Wrote: Subtitle search -
Provide filename in dialog somewhere (small) as it greatly helps in selecting the correct subs.

When searching indicate with a "searching" status and if none found provide a "none found" message - often I don't know if the search is happening of if it's done and nothing is found - sometimes the sub sites can be slow and it's hard to tell what's going on.
Added the status in the dialog and added (small) the filename at the bottom.

(2014-11-08, 10:15)mgonzales Wrote: In the add-on views for music/pictures/video/programs -
Provide a more "square" icon view with the option of label / no label and fan art / no fan art switches.
I like big panel but it's not square and sometimes id like to disable labels when icons have labels as part of themselves.
Uhm, Square view was allready there for Music/Pictures/Programs....
Added the option to remove the extra label overlay and the background fanart though...
Please let me know if that's what you mean.

(2014-11-08, 10:15)mgonzales Wrote: OSD -
The OSD allready displays the clearlogo (if available) and in case of music, the cdart with cover.
Please make sure you have the required artwork on your system, it's also possible to automatic download the required artwork for you on skin startup --> see skin settings.

(2014-11-08, 10:15)mgonzales Wrote: Add on views -

The graphic for ".." and "get more..." is some odd Google Music headphones icon with a cubed corner view of music album artwork - can that be something more indicative of the function of the respective action?
Yeah, that was some old crap leftover :-) Fixed it...

(2014-11-08, 10:15)mgonzales Wrote: That is all for now - again thanks for the awesome work!!
Thanks, also a thank you to you for the feedback, that's how the skin can get even better.

I've made the adjustments on your request/feedback.
This will be available first in the beta version.... Please install the xbmb3c repo to get beta versions of the skin...

The fixes will be available in version 2.1.17 which I will upload within an hour to the xbmb3c repo.
Please report me your results!

(2014-11-08, 20:36)darkmeiun Wrote: the info screen screen uses the poster but it deforms it to fit in the container, so the image doesn't look very well.

fixed the thumb in the video info dialog, available in new beta version (on xbmb3c repo) as of tonight.
Trailer support for XBMB3C (mediabrowser) is limited to local trailers only, you can configure the trailers in the MB3 server itself.
(2014-11-10, 21:55)marcelveldt Wrote: [quote='mgonzales' pid='1831771' dateline='1415434541']

Subtitle search -

Added the status in the dialog and added (small) the filename at the bottom.

Awesome it works wonderfully - thanks

(2014-11-08, 10:15)mgonzales Wrote: In the add-on views for music/pictures/video/programs -
Uhm, Square view was allready there for Music/Pictures/Programs....
Added the option to remove the extra label overlay and the background fanart though...
Please let me know if that's what you mean.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/prplrqq8g9dxh5...t.png?dl=0

As you can see in the screen shot above the square icon view is available at the "root" of the add-on folders - but once you enter an add-on itself - you don't

Also I don't see the option for label toggle in this or the other two view I was talking about in my original post.

FYI - I have 3.1.18

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhoi1fh5cvt0yn...t.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ro0w0z7p6x7bvp...t.png?dl=0

Notice in these two screen shots the view distorts the icons - I would love for a more "square" option like the one available in the root folder view

Also the option to toggle the label when it's already a part of the icon itself.

The OSD allready displays the clearlogo (if available) and in case of music, the cdart with cover.
Please make sure you have the required artwork on your system, it's also possible to automatic download the required artwork for you on skin startup --> see skin settings.

I have that enables and I do see it in some views but the one I was talking about is the

Info display of playing video - for me it's always the poster (sometime episode art)

Also maybe you could add this feature:

When you first play a video after a couple second delay you display info / artwork overlay then clear it after a few more seconds

Also on video pause display an overlay with the video info, a pause indicator and / artwork (logo, clear art, etc)

(2014-11-08, 10:15)mgonzales Wrote: Add on views -

Yeah, that was some old crap leftover :-) Fixed it...

Awesome - changes worked for me

(2014-11-08, 10:15)mgonzales Wrote: That is all for now - again thanks for the awesome work!!
Thanks, also a thank you to you for the feedback, that's how the skin can get even better.

I've made the adjustments on your request/feedback.
This will be available first in the beta version.... Please install the xbmb3c repo to get beta versions of the skin...

The fixes will be available in version 2.1.17 which I will upload within an hour to the xbmb3c repo.
Please report me your results!

Love the updates - hopefully this reply will inspire more awesome work to an already great skin - thanks for the skin and look forward to seeing what's next!

Two final feature request / thoughts -

Icons view (option) in favorites

And

Custom Widgets where you can add add-on or favorites to be displayed above a main menu item

For example it would be much like submenu creation but display in icon view above the menu item and you could create a custom widget for each menu item.

Thanks again for all the work you've done

Mario
(2014-11-11, 12:18)mgonzales Wrote: In the add-on views for music/pictures/video/programs -

I spent the last few hours on fixing all views, they now have a more consistent behaviour.
Also fixed the square view and an extra thumbs views.

Behaviour is now changed; now it will by default get the clearlogo or clearart and if that doesn't exist fallback to the poster.

(2014-11-08, 10:15)mgonzales Wrote: When you first play a video after a couple second delay you display info / artwork overlay then clear it after a few more seconds
Tried that, not possible... Maybe it can be enabled by some advanced xbmc setting ? Basically you just want to display the info panel, like you do with the info button on your remote...

(2014-11-08, 10:15)mgonzales Wrote: Also on video pause display an overlay with the video info, a pause indicator and / artwork (logo, clear art, etc)
fixed

(2014-11-08, 10:15)mgonzales Wrote: Two final feature request / thoughts -

Icons view (option) in favorites

And

Custom Widgets where you can add add-on or favorites to be displayed above a main menu item

For example it would be much like submenu creation but display in icon view above the menu item and you could create a custom widget for each menu item.

Well, I'll add that to the todo list as it will require some more work ;-)
Nice idea though!

Fixes are available in new beta version, v.2.1.9
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin feature requests4