Streamsmart box?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorider Offline
Good afternoon fellas.

Anybody familiar or know anything about the streamsmart box ? A local source for them is doing a demo at a buddies house on Monday to show us how awesome it is. Lol. Just curious if anybody has heard or seen this thing before.
Link to their website
http://www.streamsmart.tv/
find quote
goldenrod Offline
$379? That's the price on that site. They have got to be kidding. Judging by the specs, it's worth $50 at best. Don't waste your time with this box. There are far better options.
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Banned
(2014-10-04 18:39)Colorider Wrote:  Good afternoon fellas.

Anybody familiar or know anything about the streamsmart box ? A local source for them is doing a demo at a buddies house on Monday to show us how awesome it is. Lol. Just curious if anybody has heard or seen this thing before.
Link to their website
http://www.streamsmart.tv/

When they come over to your buddies house, could you do me a favor and kick them square in the balls? I know people need to make a profit, but the price they're selling their product at is at scam-levels.
find quote
shabuboy Offline
Fan
This reminds me of those AFTV boxes you find on Craiglist or other sites for $250 or more...

Nothing you cannot do with some effort. But yes, if all depends if you want to do it yourself vs paying someone else.

AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
find quote
BORIStheBLADE Offline
Posting Freak
Wow what a joke..

find quote
grossdm Offline
Is there a commercially sold box that anyone would recommend?
I've never tried Kodi, so I don't want to delve to deep just now (build my own system).
I would like to get up and running soon, if possible.

TIA,

Doug
find quote
DocG Offline
Fan
Not Streamsmart, that's for sure, so I doubt this is the right thread for your question. If the stickies really don't help, I'd recommend creating a new thread outlining exactly what you are looking for in a media center box. Recommendations will vastly differ depending on your exact requirements.
find quote
eskro Offline
Posting Freak
read stickies!!
find quote
twelvebore Offline
Donor
(2015-04-11 10:44)grossdm Wrote:  Is there a commercially sold box that anyone would recommend?
I've never tried Kodi, so I don't want to delve to deep just now (build my own system).
I would like to get up and running soon, if possible.

TIA,

Doug

If you own a Windows or Linux PC or laptop or a Mac, why not install Kodi on that? That will at least give you an idea of what it can do. It's not necessary to build or buy anything just to try it.
find quote
swetoast Offline
Issue reported:
Spam or misleading > Scams / fraud
Timestamp selected:
0:11
Additional details:
GPL Violating This is clearly Kodi (former XBMC) that this scammer is selling for $379 please remove this site since it infringes on the right of the developers of Kodi

reported the vid at youtube atleast a start
(This post was last modified: 2015-04-11 17:03 by swetoast.)
find quote
grossdm Offline
(2015-04-11 17:02)swetoast Wrote:  Issue reported:
Timestamp selected:
Additional details:
GPL Violating This is clearly Kodi (former XBMC) that this scammer is selling for $379 please remove this site since it infringes on the right of the developers of Kodi

Does anyone know about possible progress on the GPL violation? That would be interesting to know about.

In case anyone is interested, I did have an email exchange with the likely proprietor of the SmartStream boxes.
It seems that he also sells boxes called digiStream http://www.digistreamhd.com , but he said that he was more proud of the SmartStream units. He said that he had formerly worked for DigiXstream http://digixstream.com (I asked about these units, as they seem similar and also have similar logos.) , providing their support.
FWIW, he did seem sincere about working hard at supporting customers.
find quote
SLT415 Offline
Banned
Timestamp selected:
Additional details:

lol Are you the internet police? Snitch? What gives? There is no scam going on, and the price is justified. I have tried at least 50 different streaming boxes and the StreamSmart is by far better than any of the other boxes I have tested out. The value has nothing to do with the box itself, Kodi, or any of the addons.
As far as specs go, as you can see they are average. Nothing really special about the physical box.

What sets the StreamSmart box apart from any other box, is that it is user friendly and the 24/7 customer service.
The StreamSmart box is made for people that are not tech savvy and people that just do not have the time to set up and maintain there own streaming box.
There are a ton more custom features in the box than any others I have tested. They have 3 pay subscription addons that are included in the price of the box.
The firmware is always updated and everything on the box is kept updated. The customer support is by far the best out of any type of customer support of any type of product. 24/7 customer support for the life of the box. Non tech savvy senior citizens are able to use the StreamSmart box, easier than they can use their cable or satellite boxes. Why? Because of the video tutorials, customer support, and custom features in the StreamSmart box. Owners of the boxes are kept up to date and they are informed right on the screen, if there is an update available and any other important news.
Not one other box out there, can come close to what StreamSmart is doing. The geeks, get all upset and cry like little batches, telling people not to by the box, to make their own. lol Some people do not know how, do not have the time, do not want a damn laptop or desktop hooked up to their tv, or want to deal with keeping the box up to date. Yes there are less expensive boxes out there, yes you can geek one together yourself, but these StreamSmart boxes were not made for you anyhow. The value is there and the fact that anyone can use the box, and if they have a problem or question, it can be answered anytime day or night and answered within minutes. You should know, the only reason I even quoted you, is because snitches / haters / cockblockers, etc. make me sick.
find quote
helta Offline
Posting Freak
Ohhhh jesus
find quote
ianuk2005 Offline
(2016-06-02 14:01)SLT415 Wrote:  
Timestamp selected:
Additional details:

lol Are you the internet police? Snitch? What gives? There is no scam going on, and the price is justified. I have tried at least 50 different streaming boxes and the StreamSmart is by far better than any of the other boxes I have tested out. The value has nothing to do with the box itself, Kodi, or any of the addons.
As far as specs go, as you can see they are average. Nothing really special about the physical box.

What sets the StreamSmart box apart from any other box, is that it is user friendly and the 24/7 customer service.
The StreamSmart box is made for people that are not tech savvy and people that just do not have the time to set up and maintain there own streaming box.
There are a ton more custom features in the box than any others I have tested. They have 3 pay subscription addons that are included in the price of the box.
The firmware is always updated and everything on the box is kept updated. The customer support is by far the best out of any type of customer support of any type of product. 24/7 customer support for the life of the box. Non tech savvy senior citizens are able to use the StreamSmart box, easier than they can use their cable or satellite boxes. Why? Because of the video tutorials, customer support, and custom features in the StreamSmart box. Owners of the boxes are kept up to date and they are informed right on the screen, if there is an update available and any other important news.
Not one other box out there, can come close to what StreamSmart is doing. The geeks, get all upset and cry like little batches, telling people not to by the box, to make their own. lol Some people do not know how, do not have the time, do not want a damn laptop or desktop hooked up to their tv, or want to deal with keeping the box up to date. Yes there are less expensive boxes out there, yes you can geek one together yourself, but these StreamSmart boxes were not made for you anyhow. The value is there and the fact that anyone can use the box, and if they have a problem or question, it can be answered anytime day or night and answered within minutes. You should know, the only reason I even quoted you, is because snitches / haters / cockblockers, etc. make me sick.

They are selling a box loaded with free piracy add-ons and selling it for a premium price as if it's legit. How is that anything but a scam?

I'm not going to rage against piracy or those that engage in it. But the people trying to sell not only the work of others (movies/tv), but the work of those that developed the add-ons are pure scum. They are selling boxes for several hundreds more than they are worth by luring people who don't know any better with piracy.
find quote
Atreyu Offline
Donor
Wow, pretty shameless scam.
find quote