OPENELEC not selecting the correct audio track
hi I know this is probably a question for the OPENELEC Forum but I have posted the same question there and have not gotten any answers, so I thought I would try here. I recently switched my XBMC install from XBMCBuntu to OPENELEC mainly for the auto updating feature. Everything is working great except that all my DTS-HD blurays and Dolby Digital DVDs are defaulting to their stereo audio track rather than the DTS-HD or Dolby Digital track. However my Dolby True HD movies play their HD audio track by default which is weird, but I think that is because the way they were encoded through handbrake they only have 1 audio track not 2. Now if I manually go into the video settings while the video is playing and select the correct track, everything works fine, but I would like it to select that track by default. Even if I select the right track then hit set as default for all movies and go and play the same movie again it will again default back to stereo. I never had this issue with XBMCBUNTU and I am playing the same files I am now playing with OPENELEC my library hasnt changed. I triple checked my audio setings, I have passthrough enabled, and speakers set to 5.1. Any ideas how I can solve this would be greatly appreciated, and if this simply does not belong on this forum I apologize and will try my luck on the OPENELEC forum. Thanks.
There is a couple things you can look at

I would recommend looking here first, to verify that your audio settings are correct Audio quickstart guide (wiki)

Then check the "Preferred Audio Language" in settings --> videos --> playback

If all that is fine then use mkvtoolnix to check the default audio track of the movie.

If all else fails remove the other audio tracks with mkvtoolnix or similar software
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Thanks for the reply. I did try those setting changes and I am running into the same issue. Is there something I could do in the advancedsettings.xml file that would force these videos to default to the 5.1 mix instead of the stereo one. I would really like to avoid going through the files and deleting the additional stream but if that is my only option so be it. The only thing I find strange is that I never had this issue on XBMCBUNTU, I guess I could always try going back to that version to determine if the issue lies with openelec or some setting I have messed up. Thanks again for the help.
Is there any other setting I could have changed that would cause this issue, or any other workaround to fix it? Thanks again for any ideas.
Well I switched the install back to XBMCBuntu and now all is well. So I guess ill just stick with XBMCBuntu. Thanks for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OPENELEC not selecting the correct audio track0