Fanart for Unknown Artists / Albums
(2014-10-07, 10:33)noncom Wrote: Hi Scott

Thanks for your detailed answer. Messing about directly with an SQL database is way above my knowledge level, unfortunately.

I will try your second suggestion of using the Music Database Import function - presumably I create the file above in something like Notepad? What format should the file be saved in, for XBMC to be able to import it? .xml?

That said, I find it rather strange that a product like XBMC which is so mature and feature packed in so many ways still relies on such clunky methods to work around what appears to me to be an obvious and common problem. I know it's Open Source and coded by volunteers, to whom I'm very grateful for giving their expertise freely for our benefit, but surely these are the kind of problems that will put off a huge number of potential users. I'm reasonably computer literate (although I don't write code), but this sort of "manual labour" to get a program working properly seems like it shouldn't be necessary in this day and age...... How difficult would it be for someone to code an error trap so that if the Scraper finds nothing, it brings up a dialogue box allowing you to enter the information manually within XBMC itself. Wouldn't that be a lot more user friendly?

Thanks

Or... you could also consider that all the work put into scrapers, program and databases benefits everyone, and thus you can have all the nice infos on your screen effortless. Then when you stumble upon a movie, artist, album that has never been referenced in these databases, you could in turn contribute to the community by updating these databases.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fanart for Unknown Artists / Albums - by kyungrak - 2014-10-07, 10:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart for Unknown Artists / Albums0