Custom Categories Question
Hi there, been using Aeon MQ5 skin which is awesomely powerful, but almost too much so.

I tried rapier at random after a re-install, and I really like it, it's so simple, so has a great WAF acceptance factor.

Only thing is that I want to add two menu items to home, "Kids TV" and "Kids Movies".

Both can be identified by root path, and / or some kind of meta category tagging.

I can't see that this can be done, in custom categories I can only select that I want it to show me "files" which is the same as the sub menu items of videos.

Am I missing something?

Thanks again

Dave
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
Hi Dave.

Great to hear that you (and your wife) are pleased with the skin! Smile

The easiest is probably to create two smart playlists, where the paths contain unique folder names to your Kids TV and Kids Movies.

Then add your playlists as a favourite and add the favourite as a custom category.

That way you can also add a custom panel (widget) based on that exact playlist.

And you can add your own submenus to the categories.

Hope this helps.
Yes, that's really helpful, thanks!

Also, is there any way to change the order of the home page menu items?

Custom 1 comes after pictures, and I'd rather have it before that if possible?

Thanks again, it's amazing how much great stuff gets created for all to share and enjoy on the internet now!
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
Glad to help Smile

The only possible way to change the home screen category order, is to disable eg. the pictures category, and add it as a custom 2 category in the order you like - and so on. You can add the exact same submenus and panels as the regular categories.
Hi,

Loving Rapier, i'm another convert from MQ5...

Is there any way to change the names of the custom categories?
(2014-12-31, 05:10)flitter2009 Wrote: Hi,

Loving Rapier, i'm another convert from MQ5...

Is there any way to change the names of the custom categories?

Hi flitter2009.

Yup, the focus/nofocus image in the skin settings lets you do that. When you click the button you get to the extras folder, where a lot of category images are. If you need additional images, you can request them here.
Hi,

I also have a Problem with the same goal. I was on 12.3 with your Skin an now updated to helix with your skin (clean install). The Problem is that the custom category doesn´t work the way it was an I think as it ment to be:

I´ve set a favorite (name kids) in the video -> files section to one path, lets say: e:\downloads\kids .
I've added a custom category to the home menu and set it to favorit and set Kids as the one to use.

When I'm now opening Favorites and choose kids it goes to exactly were it should an says: "Videos\Kids" in the upper left corner. When I'm using the Custom Category it ended up in the root of Videos, but says "Database\Video" (ore something like that). So it handles the Favorit different then favorites in the submenu.

Hope You understand what I mean.

Any tips on how exactly I can add a custom category with goind into VideoFiles\Kids without using the Database?

Otherwise thx for the great skin.
Hi tullm.

I just tried the same and everything works on my end.

Did this work in Frodo?

Can you explain in detail what you do? Did you create the path you use as a source (using Add Videos...) and save this source to favourites?

EDIT: It works perfectly with network shares. I just tried the same with a local source, and got the exact same result as you.
Hi,

What I did was:

1. Added a VideoSource with one path in it
2. Added this Source as a favorite
3. Added a custom category in the main menu with the favorite in it

That leads to the before mentioned result.

But I've tried a bit more and found a solution. It seems that it is not working with only on path in the source.
When there are more than one path in the source it is working for me.

Regards

Tullm
Hi tullm.

You did everything correctly.

I have been looking to solve this known issue for years and you somehow brought me on the right track.

I'm currently working on the fix, and I will post an update here as soon as I have it finished.

Cheers
Gade
Great to hear.
Thank you very much
Hi tullm.

I have made a fix currently working for custom home categories - not for custom home submenus yet.

If this is working perfectly, I will add this for the submenus as well.

The fix unfortunately breaks the paths for existing custom home categories when using favourites - but not the icon, panel, images or backgrounds. Presets are not affected at all.

When saving playlists as a favourite and using this as a custom home category, this new fix also introduces the ability to either play the item or enter the library (which will work nice for music playlists).

Download Rapier 7.1.1 for manual installation here.

To this update, I have also added a lot more presets to use when creating custom categories and submenus. You now have the ability to choose add-ons from the presets dialog and also paths directly. This applies to the Music, Videos, Programs and Pictures sections.
Hi,

great to hear. Will give it a try as soon as possible. Maybe tonight.

Thank you!
Working Good here. Thank you for Update and tue great skin
Great to hear.

I'll start reworking the custom submenus from favourites.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Categories Question0