Aeon Nox 4.1.9 flag mod question
Hi, I'm trying to make a couple of slight modifications to Aeon Nox 4.1.9 but I'm quite frankly lost with the coding side of things. If any of you know where I should be looking to make these changes, please point me in the right direction and I can play around until I get it working.

I've included images of how it currently looks so you know which bits I'm talking about.

Thanks a million in advance...

1. Episode viewtype flags

In the Episode view, I'd like to remove all the flags from the bottom apart from Source (e.g. DVD) and MPAA (e.g. PG for UK classifications), while preceding those two with studio (e.g. DC)

2. Episode viewtype flags - seasons

I'd then like to mirror the above changes when using Episode viewtype to view Season thumbs (picture below)

3. Landscape viewtype - gradient

Do you know which media resource is responsible for the gradient effects in this view? I'd like to tweak them, but couldn't find them:

4. Actor thumbs
How can I stop the actor thumbs replacing the poster on the info view when they're selected. The majority are very low res, so I'd prefer just to keep the poster showing and have the small actor thumbnails:

5. Landscape viewtype flags

Lastly (phew!), I'd like to add some flags to the Landscape view, in essence recreating Deano316's Aeon Nox 3 lanscape view mod, which I was using on Eden/Frodo. It has the following flags show up on Movies and TV views - I've figured out how to change the font at the top already and hide the info about the number of episodes from the top of the TV screen, but adding in the flags is beyond me right now...

Go to the root of your skin folder and open addon.xml and set debugging="true".
Save and restart Kodi.
Now you can see in the left corner which view and xml is open.

Open the xml file and look into the code and try to understand what it does. Search for e.g. 'mppa'. Maybe you find an <image> tag
For testing purpose comment the tag out and restart Kodi and look what you did.

Play with the tags and you find what you want.
(2014-10-09, 00:40)_Andy_ Wrote: Go to the root of your skin folder and open addon.xml and set debugging="true".
Save and restart Kodi.
Now you can see in the left corner which view and xml is open.

Open the xml file and look into the code and try to understand what it does. Search for e.g. 'mppa'. Maybe you find an <image> tag
For testing purpose comment the tag out and restart Kodi and look what you did.

Play with the tags and you find what you want.

Thanks mate, I already realised I was looking in entirely the wrong place! Hopefully with debug mode enabled, I can find my way around a bit better
Actually no I still don't get it...

All the Debug tells me on those views is that the active window is MyVideoNav.xml, but from what I can tell, that's a container for the different Viewtype xml files. I'm not sure what I need to change, but I think (read: have no idea) it would be in Viewtype_Landscape.xml and Viewtype_Episode.xml...

As for the gradient issue (point 3 from the first post), I found this bit of code in the Viewtype_Landscape.xml which refers to the texture "views\logo_tagline_gradient.png", but stretching that across the screen wouldn't create the strange issue in the top right-hand corner of the below screenshot. Is it a bug or by design?

Would someone mind pointing me in the right direction for editing flags on different views?

I found the FloorFlags include name in Includes_MediaFlags.xml, and then in MyVideoNav.xml, there's the line <include>FloorFlags</include>, but I can't figure out how or if this relates to what I'm looking for, as each viewtype has different rules as far as the flags go and looking in the viewtype xmls, I can't figure out what it is that's governing which of these elements show up and where...

Any help would be much appreciated.

I sorted the gradient issue above by replacing logo_tagline_gradient with a new one actually 1920 pixels wide. I'm not sure if the bit at the end (in the Trainspotting picture just above) was caused by some stray pixels on the very right-hand side of the original media asset being stretched or something but it seems to be even all the way across now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 4.1.9 flag mod question1