• 22(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
pecinko Wrote:Happy to hear.

If I remember correctly you wanted fanart slideshow on Home. choose fanart folder in background settings and point it to you user/thumbs/video so it can pull fanart from video DB.

Thanks i will try it Big Grin
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
pecinko Wrote:Backgrounds are available as a separate DL from a download folder - see first page for a link, it's the same as for manual skin install.

EDIT: http://skins.smartplus.cz/pedja-xbmc/download/

I really like them but they had to go from UI as I was not able to open up the path an offer them when you click on custom image.... I would be happy to bring them back if I find a solution.
Ah, great. I like them as well. Not that I don't like the new ones but the old ones were so clean, Personally i really liked them especially when having recently added cover art across the top. Will download them and put them in my distro so they are available.

That said still by far the best skin out there, gotta do a bit of exploring to see all of the options, etc.

Kudos! and you are right, its even faster which is really saying something.
pecinko Wrote:I would probably go with a Music Videos being subsection in Music.

BUT, I don't have music videos to test with.

Could you export your Music Videos section to a file that I could import into XBMC? I would like to check the views for those videos, too.

And I would try to do this ASAP, as I'll be on vacation next month.
Hmm, I can try ... frankly not sure exactly what you want though tbh.
dynaflash Wrote:Hmm, I can try ... frankly not sure exactly what you want though tbh.

Just tell me if music videos section looks right. I have no clue if music video thumbs are rectangular, dvd posters, wide or a mixture of aspect ratios?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Baswazz Wrote:Thanks i will try it Big Grin

For Video Fanart slideshow set "fanart folder" to:

../userdata/Thumbnails/Video/fanart/

For Music Fanart slideshow set "fanart folder" to:

../userdata/Thumbnails/Music/fanart/
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Just tell me if music videos section looks right. I have no clue if music video thumbs are rectangular, dvd posters, wide or a mixture of aspect ratios?

hmm, music video shortcut for Music home screen is checked, but the music video's submenu is not there ... will keep looking.
dynaflash Wrote:hmm, music video shortcut for Music home screen is checked, but the music video's submenu is not there ... will keep looking.

Your music videos are not scanned to library? If that's the case, you will have to make a link manually - add to favorites -> assign
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

yes, they are scanned into the video library as Music Videos. Afaik the music library has no facility by which to scan in Music Video's but I'll check.
dynaflash Wrote:yes, they are scanned into the video library as Music Videos. Afaik the music library has no facility by which to scan in Music Video's but I'll check.

They are linked to both video and music library.

So if you go to Music library, music videos you get a list of albums, genres....
Music videos are checked in skin settings, BUT, link does not appear on home screen in music section?

I'm puzzled as it works here. You could try reseting skin to default values in setting, but that's probably last instance as you would loose view setting and such.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Just updated to 1.0.0 and add-ons that were already installed are no longer visible. If I switch to another skin they are still there. Switch back to Quartz and they are gone again.

Any ideas?
pecinko Wrote:Backgrounds are available as a separate DL from a download folder - see first page for a link, it's the same as for manual skin install.

EDIT: http://skins.smartplus.cz/pedja-xbmc/download/

I really like them but they had to go from UI as I was not able to open up the path an offer them when you click on custom image.... I would be happy to bring them back if I find a solution.

Forgetting Music Videos for a bit... it appears that Settings > Quartz > Home Window > Backgrounds > Custom only brings up "Photo Addon's" ?

Is this what you meant by you could not open up a path to the old background images ?
dynaflash Wrote:Forgetting Music Videos for a bit... it appears that Settings > Quartz > Home Window > Backgrounds > Custom only brings up "Photo Addon's" ?
Is this what you meant by you could not open up a path to the old background images ?

Did u mean: Settings > Quartz > Backgrounds > Custom ? Because I don't have what u are describing and there I can pick any image it doesn't bring up photo addons.

@pecinko
Almost the same bug I reported in previous version is back. TV shows random and recently added second item takes SxxExx from first item.
When I go to settings and hide all submenus for example from movies it becomes none selectable.

I would like to do a little mod so can someone please tell me how would I invert the dots (watched indicators) and remove artist name when I'm on songs level (entered the album)?
Japaja Wrote:Did u mean: Settings > Quartz > Backgrounds > Custom ? Because I don't have what u are describing and there I can pick any image it doesn't bring up photo addons.
yes, sorry in 1.0 its how you describe it, with a different "custom" category for each submenu like Movies, Music, etc.

So its set to default, when I click on "Custom" for lets say the Movies menu ... the only thing i get to choose from is "Picture Addons". Now I don't have any images yet moved into what must be an appropriate directory but I was kind of expecting a browser where I could then choose an image on my system.

Thanks for the help. And as to your question ... I have no clue.
dynaflash Wrote:So its set to default, when I click on "Custom" for lets say the Movies menu ... the only thing i get to choose from is "Picture Addons".

It opens up File browser here. It should open-up the same thing for you.

You are running Quartz (nightly) on XBMC nightly build, right?

I have an idea for background images but I have no clue if it will work and if I will be able to do it before vacation. Will try, though.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:You are running Quartz (nightly) on XBMC nightly build, right?
yes, afaik but will uninstall and reinstall from your repo ( was automatically updated today with 1.0 from your repo if that helps).

xbmc build is from two days ago. Is sounding like a pebcack issue here since I have three atv's in various configs. Will suss it out on my end. Thanks as always.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12