• 30(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Agreed. The extra does give some extra info but isn't neccasary so just the rating should sufise.

Ok. I like that because I'm not a big fan of scrolling text.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Ok. I like that because I'm not a big fan of scrolling text.

Same here Nod
It's kind of anoying. But sometimes there's no other way.
In the end you're the one making the skin so all i can say is, make it as you want it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:In the end you're the one making the skin so all i can say is, make it as you want it.

Hehe, I just re-scraped my library using latest build and latest version of scraper and I'm still not able to reproduce error - that is not to say there is no problem, rather to illustrate that making a skin for myself is a much easier task :-)

BTW what brings you to Quartz - it has faaaar less features than, say, Aeon Nox? Just curios.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Quote:Originally Posted by NitrousXBMC
Great job! I really like the skin. If I could change one thing it would be nice to have a separate column on the home window for the custom add-on favorites rather than have them clutter the other columns. Looks and runs extremely well on my ATV2. Thanks!

pecinko Wrote:Hmmm I can think of a 2 quick solutions ATM.

1.Don't show recently added above main menu but rather links to you addons
2.Put favourite addons to Favourites

I had addons as a separate column in earlier skin versions, but wanted to be a good guy and moved it out to make more space for non-english xbmc friends. Some of them are having rather loooong labels for photos, for example. Not kidding. Probably to scare kids off so they don't look at their father's erotic photo collections. But, on the other hand, kids are smart so there has to be something with those dutch people wanting to differentiate themselves :-)

Go check it out, it's real fun. Oh and good luck finding your way back :-)

But I digress... On a more serious note - does any of the above solutions work for you?

Third alternative, so you can keep recently added or random items is to put links to addons above XBMC (through favourites).
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Hehe, I just re-scraped my library using latest build and latest version of scraper and I'm still not able to reproduce error - that is not to say there is no problem, rather to illustrate that making a skin for myself is a much easier task :-)

BTW what brings you to Quartz - it has faaaar less features than, say, Aeon Nox? Just curios.

Well i like to give other skin a chance Big Grin Most of the htpc machines i have are lets say rather powerfull so Nox is no problem. However i do sometimes fix up things for others who have somewhat less powerfull htpc so nox isn't the best for that. Also not everybody likes Nox its also a taste thing
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Regarding MPAA problem.

Any of you guys running Dharma? And willing to do a quick test of fix I made?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Pecinko

I'm not sure this is supposed to do this or not. But when you're playing music and you go to the Now Playing view and if there is no artist fanart the screen is black. Is it possible to use a fall back image? Again is skin is just amazing.
HTPC: Apex MI-008 | Foxconn H67S | Celeron G530 | G.SKILL 4GB | Crucial 64 SSD| Arctic Cooling | PicoPSU-160-XT
scrolling Wrote:Pecinko

I'm not sure this is supposed to do this or not. But when you're playing music and you go to the Now Playing view and if there is no artist fanart the screen is black. Is it possible to use a fall back image? Again is skin is just amazing.

Hmm what should we use as a fallback? Album cover?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

How about the default image you use in the home view?
HTPC: Apex MI-008 | Foxconn H67S | Celeron G530 | G.SKILL 4GB | Crucial 64 SSD| Arctic Cooling | PicoPSU-160-XT
scrolling Wrote:How about the default image you use in the home view?

Hmm I see both pros and cons for this.

Guys?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

OK I have begun fixing things and preparing some new:

-clickable directors and actors in video info
-alternate home menu
-I'll try to add weather plus
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Hmm what should we use as a fallback? Album cover?
I'm not a fan of fanart (it's the slowness on ATV2 and the like). I much prefer Albumcover. That would be my first option actually. Fallback to fanart if no albumcover and to default background when no fanart.
mediumdry Wrote:I'm not a fan of fanart (it's the slowness on ATV2 and the like). I much prefer Albumcover. That would be my first option actually. Fallback to fanart if no albumcover and to default background when no fanart.

I was planning some additional views for ya, but I guess we can trade it for album covers? :-)

Visualizations should be working in recent ATV2 builds or is it still work in progress?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Big Grin

Please... if I can get the full screen "wide" view for tv shows, you can keep music exactly as is, as I tend to play music through the itunes remote anyway! Wink

I'm quite interested to find out what the alternate home menu will look like.

Thanks for the hard work you're doing on this!
mediumdry Wrote:Big Grin

Please... if I can get the full screen "wide" view for tv shows, you can keep music exactly as is, as I tend to play music through the itunes remote anyway! Wink

I'm quite interested to find out what the alternate home menu will look like.

Thanks for the hard work you're doing on this!

I was kidding :-) What about Movies and Music?

EDIT: One more thing. What to show on the left side if I get right one populated with banners and you don't use fanart? Do you have mockup or screenshot from other skin that you like?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12