• 73(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
vinistois Wrote:O O I can get this one.

Go to your video sources, context-menu on your TV source and go to edit. Under the options in that screen, there is a "prefer posters" checkbox. That checkbox decides what the XBMC scraper will download for you when it is scraping.

If XBMC scrapes banners, but you tell quartz they are posters, then quartz will squish them. Tell XBMC to get posters, and they will display correctly.

Ok but if I didn't have this box checked initially do I need to wipe out my thumbnails and rescan with the prefer poster setting checked?

Also, I preferred the Quartz2 method of showing TV shows with the Wide Icons, is this still possible?
ATV2 running XBMC Eden (Skin: Quartz3)
Windows 7 running XBMC Eden (custom setup as I'm basically running it as a service)
MySQL installed on Windows 7 for sharing libraries
iOS Specific FAQ | Alternative ATV2 keymap | Default ATV2 keymap
Post log files to Pastebin

akevit Wrote:Ok but if I didn't have this box checked initially do I need to wipe out my thumbnails and rescan with the prefer poster setting checked?

Also, I preferred the Quartz2 method of showing TV shows with the Wide Icons, is this still possible?

XBMC can do Posters OR Banners (wide) for TVShows.

You take your pick, set scrapper according to this and tell skin in settings what's your choice. Or did I miss something?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:XBMC can do Posters OR Banners (wide) for TVShows.

You take your pick, set scrapper according to this and tell skin in settings what's your choice. Or did I miss something?

I don't have my XBMC in front of me right now, but when I was looking at the view options for TV Shows I seem to remember my only options being combinations of Media Info which all displayed the banners as posters (which squished them quite a bit). Maybe I'm missing a setting somewhere.

I have my scraper set to not prefer posters for TV shows. I think I need to take a second look at skin settings if there's an option there for banners. I just bought a second ATV2 and I'm doing the initial setup again so it looks like this is probably the case. Settings => Skin Settings => General => TV Shows: "Use "Posters" instead of "Banners" for TV Shows".

On a side note, if I did decide to change from banners to posters, would I have to clear out my thumbnail directory after changing the scraper settings? Or would the scraper automatically update the thumbnails with posters instead of banners? I'm going to guess I would have to delete my thumbnails and rescan if I wanted to switch.
Windows 7 running XBMC Eden (custom setup as I'm basically running it as a service)

akevit Wrote:On a side note, if I did decide to change from banners to posters, would I have to clear out my thumbnail directory after changing the scraper settings? Or would the scraper automatically update the thumbnails with posters instead of banners? I'm going to guess I would have to delete my thumbnails and rescan if I wanted to switch.

No and no :-)

You need to re-scrape and thumbs will be updated. Scraper does not update automatically.

BTW there is only 1 screen with settings in Q3 I wonder how you managed to miss banners? Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:No and no :-)

You need to re-scrape and thumbs will be updated. Scraper does not update automatically.

BTW there is only 1 screen with settings in Q3 I wonder how you managed to miss banners? Smile

Haha I don't know, I think I might have been looking for the words wide or icon and just wanted to see my new XBMC working so I glanced over it. I'll check it out when I get home Smile

Something weird just happened when I used my Windows 7 PC with the Quartz skin...

A reflection on the bottom from a movie poster inside 'Movies' -view remains when I go back to the home screen.

And also all my new movies have a compressed screenshot instead of the movie posters. This problem is only happening on my windows-setup. But is also a problem with all skins I use there.... I have to manually choose new thumb for every movie I add to get the poster. Suggestions?
The Real Skimshady
bthusby Wrote:Something weird just happened when I used my Windows 7 PC with the Quartz skin...

A reflection on the bottom from a movie poster inside 'Movies' -view remains when I go back to the home screen.

And also all my new movies have a compressed screenshot instead of the movie posters. This problem is only happening on my windows-setup. But is also a problem with all skins I use there.... I have to manually choose new thumb for every movie I add to get the poster. Suggestions?

My guess - XBMC bug or messed thumbnails / mysql.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:My guess - XBMC bug or messed thumbnails / mysql.

Which one? There were two issues described in my post.

1. Reflection under a movie poster, inside 'Movies', still showed when I went back to home screen.

2. All posters for my movies have a compressed screenshot instead of poster image until I manually change thumb with a poster.
The Real Skimshady
Thanks Pecinko everything works. A small observation I have which might have more to do with my XBMC installation being upgraded to RC2 on both my ATVs (I guess this is done automatically now though apt-get upgrade?), but the grid view for movies seemed to be much faster in Quartz 2, plus it showed more movies on the screen at one time. There is again a noticeable delay in scrolling through movies while in this view that wasn't there before I switched to Eden+Quartz2, however since I upgraded to RC2 and Quartz3 at the same time can't really tell what caused it.

pecinko Wrote:BTW there is only 1 screen with settings in Q3 I wonder how you managed to miss banners? Smile

I was wondering why you chose 2 separate lines instead of one:

TV show picture: banner/poster

it would be both clearer and more succinct, imo.
mediumdry Wrote:I was wondering why you chose 2 separate lines instead of one:

TV show picture: banner/poster

it would be both clearer and more succinct, imo.

Because I'm slow Smile

Nice suggestion, thanks!
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Guys

Baswazz and your's truly are closing up shortly Smile

Anything else that needs adressing?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

hi pecinko - amazing skin - sooo glad when you went back to horizontal skin.
If you are still open for suggestions - would it be possible to add a General Add ons menu that showed the addons on the shelf?
pecinko Wrote:Guys

Baswazz and your's truly are closing up shortly Smile

Anything else that needs adressing?

I've got a weird issue on an ATV2 where when I press the down button on the remote in the context menu (audio options etc) it won't go down. If I press the Up button it wraps around and then the Down button works properly.

Anyone else struck this?

(3.05)
sammydog69 Wrote:I've got a weird issue on an ATV2 where when I press the down button on the remote in the context menu (audio options etc) it won't go down. If I press the Up button it wraps around and then the Down button works properly.

Anyone else struck this?

(3.05)

I have exactly this same problem (not really an issue once you get used to it).
I'm using xbmc on windows 7 and I use an old dvd remote and Flirc.
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12