• 99(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
(2012-05-04, 12:59)pecinko Wrote: Not likely. I understand advantages but info window gets very messy.

I can take a look if I can add actor biography. If you had to pick, what info would you find most useful in that add-on?

filmography
(2012-05-05, 15:39)Mano Wrote: Hello,

There are not playlists. There are all ftp links which i added as favorites.

I need 16 max. The ATV is for my mom who is old, it will be easier for her if i can put all links that she needs in sub menu.

If you tell me which files and what write, i can edit myself Wink

OK. Open up Home.xml and alter list items

Code:
<item id="7" description="Shortcut5">
            <visible>!IsEmpty(Skin.String(CustomMovies.5.Path))</visible>
            <label>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMovies.5.Label)]</label>
            <onclick>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMovies.5.Path)]</onclick>
          </item>

1) Delete <visible>!IsEmpty(Skin.String(CustomMovies.5.Path))</visible>
2) Change <label>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMovies.5.Label)]</label> to <label>My_ Label_goes_here</label>
3) Change <onclick>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMovies.5.Path)]</onclick> to match your FTP links (see favorites.xml in your user folder)

Do this for every Custom item. Add more sections like above to have more links.

Disable add ons updates so that changes do not get overwritten on skin update.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

This is my favorite skin. Clean and simple, similar to Apple TV's interface. I control it via keyboard\mouse, remote control, and my android devices. I have some trouble evoking the menus (subtitles,audio, video, etc) while playing a video with the keyboard\mouse . I can click on the "gears" to bring up the menu, but as soon as I move my mouse off the gears, the menu goes away. I can't seem to navigate to the gears with the keyboard either. I can get to the settings with no issue with my android device's remote control functionality.
There is no problem with keyboard as log as you don't have mouse activated and pointed on some other control in skin.

I don't support mouse in the skin. It works but is pain to use and unsuitable for Xbmc interface, IMHO. For best experience disable mouse in settings and use keyboard if remote is not available.

PS use up/down to quickly jump between play controls and gear (options).
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hey pecinko, great skin. Even on things other than an ATV this is a great skin, nothing else is even near as fast.

I am having a bit of trouble with it however. Whenever I reboot, when the machine comes back up the skin starts off selecting music, but when I push left to select TV series it brings up the menu below TV shows, but the blue is selecting Pictures. If I press left again to select movies the blue moves back to music but I get the Movies submenu below movies. There are 2 things that I've found that resolve this, I can either go to the skin settings and hit the Reset All button, then put everything back to the way I had it and it works fine. Also I can put the computer to sleep and when it wakes back up everything is working again.

Any idea why this might be happening or how to fix it?
Sorry to hear that. I need:

- xbmc version
- skin version
- exact steps to reproduce
- enable debug, repoduce error, post a debug log somewhere
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-05-06, 18:35)WordMasterRice Wrote: Hey pecinko, great skin. Even on things other than an ATV this is a great skin, nothing else is even near as fast.

I am having a bit of trouble with it however. Whenever I reboot, when the machine comes back up the skin starts off selecting music, but when I push left to select TV series it brings up the menu below TV shows, but the blue is selecting Pictures. If I press left again to select movies the blue moves back to music but I get the Movies submenu below movies. There are 2 things that I've found that resolve this, I can either go to the skin settings and hit the Reset All button, then put everything back to the way I had it and it works fine. Also I can put the computer to sleep and when it wakes back up everything is working again.

Any idea why this might be happening or how to fix it?

This happens to me, too, whenever I unplug and plug back in my hdmi cable. Restarting xbmc always fixes it for me.
(2012-03-14, 15:56)Steverae Wrote: Hi

This is looking really good now, all we need now is a way to add the appke tv logo to the bottom right, and we're sorted..... i've altered the logo on the home screen preview panel and it looks great, people think i've got an apple tv now lol.

May I ask how did you do that? I was trying to do the same but i cant find the menu item to do it.
I just posted this but I didn't see it show up so if it does I'm sorry for the double post.

Quartz, the best skin, I love it and keep up the great work.

I have a situation... I'm trying to accomplish this, on the home screen under the Movies category...

Movies
...Movies (Hollywood movies located @ /Movies/Movies )
...IMAX ( IMAX movies located @ /Movies/IMAX )
...Disney ( Disney movies located @ /Movies/Disney )

I added my main movie source /Movies/Movies labeled it Movies and set content to movies. All is good I know have...

Movies
...Movies

I added another source /Movies/IMAX labeled it IMAX set content to movies. I added it to favourites and added it as a sub menu under Movies. I now have...

Movies
...Movies
...IMAX

When I click on IMAX only the IMAX movies show.

But when i click on the sub menu Movies all the movies are there mixed in with all the IMAX

Same goes for Disney movies

Xbmc 11.0-RC2
Quartz 3.2.7

(2012-05-12, 22:04)itstonye Wrote: I just posted this but I didn't see it show up so if it does I'm sorry for the double post.

Quartz, the best skin, I love it and keep up the great work.

I have a situation... I'm trying to accomplish this, on the home screen under the Movies category...

Movies
...Movies (Hollywood movies located @ /Movies/Movies )
...IMAX ( IMAX movies located @ /Movies/IMAX )
...Disney ( Disney movies located @ /Movies/Disney )

I added my main movie source /Movies/Movies labeled it Movies and set content to movies. All is good I know have...

Movies
...Movies

I added another source /Movies/IMAX labeled it IMAX set content to movies. I added it to favourites and added it as a sub menu under Movies. I now have...

Movies
...Movies
...IMAX

When I click on IMAX only the IMAX movies show.

But when i click on the sub menu Movies all the movies are there mixed in with all the IMAX

Same goes for Disney movies

Xbmc 11.0-RC2
Quartz 3.2.7

Check if you links are opening from favorites as they should. If they do, everything will work from a skin as you intended.

Second thing to try is upgrading your XBMC to final release. RC may have bugs.

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-05-14, 09:01)pecinko Wrote: Check if you links are opening from favorites as they should. If they do, everything will work from a skin as you intended.

I did an update it gave me Eden 11.0 build march 22 (that seems like a long time ago)

I have uploaded 2 videos to youtube, to show what my trouble is the first video is step 1, me adding the main movie collection to xbmc library. Step 2 is me adding the IMAX directory as a source and then adding it to favourites. Then I show how the IMAX videos are mixed in with the other movies.

Pay attention to the movie "Baraka" it is an example of an IMAX movie that shows up in my movies library. Am I doing something wrong? Why is everything getting lumped into 1 library?

Step 1 http://youtu.be/svVb4TZ22bM
Step 2 http://youtu.be/vqh0hKrDXnc
The problem you are having is that on the main screen, unless you've added your "Movies" Source as a favorite, then added it to the home screen instead of the stock movies, it's using the Movies Library, not the Movies source.

This isn't a bug and it isn't doing anything wrong. Most people like to be able to have movies in various sources but it is all aggregated back to the Movies library, that's sort of the point.
(2012-05-14, 20:53)WordMasterRice Wrote: The problem you are having is that on the main screen, unless you've added your "Movies" Source as a favorite, then added it to the home screen instead of the stock movies, it's using the Movies Library, not the Movies source.

This isn't a bug and it isn't doing anything wrong. Most people like to be able to have movies in various sources but it is all aggregated back to the Movies library, that's sort of the point.

I think I understand. for even my main movies collection make that source a favourite.

When browsing the sources you can see the folder structure. As in the videos I posted on YouTube some movies are in their own dir and others are loosely placed in the source directory. Does this mean that I either need to put all movies in their own dir or, loose in the source directory, one or the other. To achieve a uniformed look while browsing my "favourites>IMAX"

Thanks for the reply I think I understand it better now I will experiment when I get home.
(2012-05-14, 19:57)itstonye Wrote:
(2012-05-14, 09:01)pecinko Wrote: Check if you links are opening from favorites as they should. If they do, everything will work from a skin as you intended.

I did an update it gave me Eden 11.0 build march 22 (that seems like a long time ago)

I have uploaded 2 videos to youtube, to show what my trouble is the first video is step 1, me adding the main movie collection to xbmc library. Step 2 is me adding the IMAX directory as a source and then adding it to favourites. Then I show how the IMAX videos are mixed in with the other movies.

Pay attention to the movie "Baraka" it is an example of an IMAX movie that shows up in my movies library. Am I doing something wrong? Why is everything getting lumped into 1 library?

OK. If you want Movies to go to your Movies/Movies you should add your Movies subfolder to menu the same way you did for IMax. You will end up having

Movies - All content set up as movies (regardless of folder)
Movies (subfolder you added through favorites)
IMAx (subfolder you added through favorites)

If you don't want first item that opens up all movie media you just disable it in skin settings and you will have

Movies (subfolder)
IMax (subfolder)

Alternative way would be to make smart playlists using "by path" criteria, i.e. you add your root Movies folder to library and make smart playlists to filter library out to a 6 sections (Adult, Imax, Kids, .... Stand up comedy) by using "match path" rule in smart playlist rule options. Add those 6 to favorites, assign to menus and disable main "movies" link that opens up all unfiltered content.

Makes sense?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-05-15, 00:10)pecinko Wrote:
(2012-05-14, 19:57)itstonye Wrote:

OK. If you want Movies to go to your Movies/Movies you should add your Movies subfolder to menu the same way you did for IMax. You will end up having

Movies - All content set up as movies (regardless of folder)
Movies (subfolder you added through favorites)
IMAx (subfolder you added through favorites)

If you don't want first item that opens up all movie media you just disable it in skin settings and you will have

Movies (subfolder)
IMax (subfolder)

Alternative way would be to make smart playlists using "by path" criteria, i.e. you add your root Movies folder to library and make smart playlists to filter library out to a 6 sections (Adult, Imax, Kids, .... Stand up comedy) by using "match path" rule in smart playlist rule options. Add those 6 to favorites, assign to menus and disable main "movies" link that opens up all unfiltered content.

Makes sense?

Crystal clear,
ill give it a shot tonight and report back. Thanks to all who contributed.
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12