• 55(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
pecinko Wrote:
bthusby Wrote:I would really like it to auto-update library at idle hours, and not at start-up. Is it possible?

Controlled by XBMC, nothing I can do here.

You could use cURL to update whenever you choose, have it triggered from a batch file or cron job.

curl --get "http://xbmc:[email protected]:80/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn&parameter=XBMC.updatelibrary(video)"

Details outlined here

There's also a program addon called XBMC Library Auto Update
ATV2 running XBMC Eden (Skin: Quartz3)
Windows 7 running XBMC Eden (custom setup as I'm basically running it as a service)
MySQL installed on Windows 7 for sharing libraries
iOS Specific FAQ | Alternative ATV2 keymap | Default ATV2 keymap
Post log files to Pastebin

akevit Wrote:You could use cURL to update whenever you choose, have it triggered from a batch file or cron job.

curl --get "http://xbmc:[email protected]:80/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn&parameter=XBMC.updatelibrary(video)"

Details outlined here

There's also a program addon called XBMC Library Auto Update

Excellent! This works like a charm Smile

pecinko Wrote:Could you post a screenshot regarding TVMA?

Here are the screenshots of the overlapping graphics in the skin:

http://d.pr/ZzhR
http://d.pr/GCnI

When I update the library I also wants the library to be cleaned, i.e. remove deleted media. Of course with a simple check that the server is connected, so not all are wiped out by mistake. There is in some skins an option to do this, but not in Quartz...
bthusby Wrote:Excellent! This works like a charm Smile

Here are the screenshots of the overlapping graphics in the skin:

http://d.pr/ZzhR
http://d.pr/GCnI

When I update the library I also wants the library to be cleaned, i.e. remove deleted media. Of course with a simple check that the server is connected, so not all are wiped out by mistake. There is in some skins an option to do this, but not in Quartz...

You can specify in the advancedsettings.xml to clean the library on update. I believe the value is cleanonupdate, but just google and I'm sure you'll find it.

Edit: Here it is
Code:
    <videolibrary>
        <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>  <!-- default set to false to prevent xbmc from removing items from the database while updating.  -->
    </videolibrary>
Windows 7 running XBMC Eden (custom setup as I'm basically running it as a service)

akevit Wrote:You can specify in the advancedsettings.xml to clean the library on update. I believe the value is cleanonupdate, but just google and I'm sure you'll find it.

Edit: Here it is
Code:
    <videolibrary>
        <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>  <!-- default set to false to prevent xbmc from removing items from the database while updating.  -->
    </videolibrary>

Thank you! Is this a safe cleaning? If the connection to the NAS is down at the moment of update, will it wipe out the whole DB?
Pecinko, I seem to be missing a post. In any case, I can test, if you want. Although I don't use Music or Music videos. (and playlists only very rarely)

Let me know if you still need people.
bthusby Wrote:Thank you! Is this a safe cleaning? If the connection to the NAS is down at the moment of update, will it wipe out the whole DB?

That's what I'm wondering too and the reason why I never implemented it.

MD

------
To be honest I don't know, sorry.

bthusby Wrote:Thank you! Is this a safe cleaning? If the connection to the NAS is down at the moment of update, will it wipe out the whole DB?

mediumdry Wrote:That's what I'm wondering too and the reason why I never implemented it.

akevit Wrote:To be honest I don't know, sorry.

Looks like this is a BIG uncertainty..... I figure the makers of the MySQL function or someone in the Core Team must know.... Smile Please come forward!
If it can't find the files then they'll be cleaned.
Hitcher Wrote:If it can't find the files then they'll be cleaned.

Can I suggest for the Team to implement a pre-check to verify that the source connection is working and that some of the current files at the source are found? If this pre-check fails -> don't perform the cleanup.

If it is made secure like this, it can maybe become the default behaviour too for all library updates, and not an "advanced setting".

I have also seen that a subtitle is not kept if I stop a tv show and later resume it. This is at least the case if the TV show has a local default subtitle Im not using. I have to retrieve my chosen subtitle again each time I resume.
I have been delayed as I got stuck solving a problem I did not expect. So, need to rethink a few things and I will probably post a link to alfa build.

Thanks for offering help!
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Guys and girls

new release is approaching beta. I like it very much, it looks very nice and performs at pair (or slightly better) than Quartz 1.

Since I probably won't be able to maintain 2 skins, I have decided that Quartz Origins (Apple TV like) will take Quartz 2 place. What does this mean?

- Default looks is horizontal Apple TV 2 interface like
- Alternate look for home page is Front Row like, vertical one (probably with icons instead of full background images, not sure yet)

Views have been improved, some will be dropped and some are new. I will post a link to beta version when it's ready so you can try it yourself and see if it is to your liking before I put it in my repo and XBMC official one in the end.

I understand that not everyone like changes and there's been a lot of them lately. However, this is how I roll - having fun improving, extending or changing things in skin.

I could use some help regarding icons. I'm looking for some nice icons like Apple one's. So, if you know how to make them or find them on internet (should be free to use with XBMC), please post here.

Sample :

To ease you waiting Smile

I leave you with preview of new fanart view and I'm off to do some skinning Smile

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

bthusby Wrote:Can I suggest for the Team to implement a pre-check to verify that the source connection is working and that some of the current files at the source are found? If this pre-check fails -> don't perform the cleanup.

If it is made secure like this, it can maybe become the default behaviour too for all library updates, and not an "advanced setting".

I have also seen that a subtitle is not kept if I stop a tv show and later resume it. This is at least the case if the TV show has a local default subtitle Im not using. I have to retrieve my chosen subtitle again each time I resume.

Feel free but posting them here wont be any good.
Hitcher Wrote:Feel free but posting them here wont be any good.

Can you point me in the quickest direction?
The Real Skimshady
bthusby Wrote:Can you point me in the quickest direction?

Look at the threads names. There are FAQ, suggestionsand other threads. Goto feature requests this is skin specific thread.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12