• 56(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
I'm so excited for Quartz 3... I can't wait to get my hands on the beta! Thanks for all of your hard work, Pecinko. Smile Quartz is my go-to skin--it has a very high WAF.
pecinko Wrote:Look at the threads names. There are FAQ, suggestionsand other threads. Goto feature requests this is skin specific thread.

OK, man. Thanks. Posted.

Look forward to Quartz 3 too! Keep it fast, stable and minimal Big Grin
The Real Skimshady
pecinko Wrote:Since I probably won't be able to maintain 2 skins, I have decided that Quartz Origins (Apple TV like) will take Quartz 2 place.

Wow. I can see how it might upset some people, but I'm very happy with this news. Can't wait to see the new and improved Quartz!
mediumdry Wrote:Wow. I can see how it might upset some people, but I'm very happy with this news. Can't wait to see the new and improved Quartz!

Well, vertical menu is more suitable for kids (IMHO) and I thought I could manage to incorporate other things to it in a way that it would make everyone happy. It's also a bit more flexible as you can have more items that in horizontal (if you prefer not to scroll horizontal menu).

After months of using, it turned out that my kids don't really care if the layout is horizontal or vertical one, so I decided to return to what suits me the most - ATV one.

If I set aside skin speed differences, Quartz 1 is the speediest skin ever (usability wise). I feel right at home, everything is in the right place and only a click away. This is obviously biased opinion as I'm a Mac user and used to front row interface. Furthermore, skin was made by me.

Quartz 2 is, however, a step further regarding the skin looks than Q1 was. I believe that Quartz 3 succeeds in merging previous 2 versions together. I'm very pleased with it and it is a max I could achieve with my graphic and skinning skills at this moment.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

How about you stop torturing us and release an open beta :-)
jabbba Wrote:How about you stop torturing us and release an open beta :-)

Well, this is how it looks like now for the most part Smile Settings are still unfinished.

Beta will be ready by the end of the week.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

OK, almost finished.

Settings are in place now. Need to fix several issues before pushing beta out.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi,

What is the setting "Use Posters instead of Banners for TV shows" actually doing? I have this ticked off because I want it to use Posters.

Anyway, I have a problem, XBMC or the Quartz skin defaults to Banners for TV Show and Movie thumbs, and squeeze it into poster view. It't makes for a distorted thumb, and I have to manually "get thumb" and browse for a poster.

To further add to the annoyance, all the first remote thumbs it finds, is banners, so I have to browse through quite a few until the posters appear....
The Real Skimshady
O O I can get this one.

Go to your video sources, context-menu on your TV source and go to edit. Under the options in that screen, there is a "prefer posters" checkbox. That checkbox decides what the XBMC scraper will download for you when it is scraping.

If XBMC scrapes banners, but you tell quartz they are posters, then quartz will squish them. Tell XBMC to get posters, and they will display correctly.
vinistois Wrote:O O I can get this one.

You just have to love Quartz users. Help when needed so I can use more time to code.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Lightbulb 
Guys and girls

just follow this link and grab yourself a new Quartz release.

** If you have previous version of Quartz installed, I recommend selecting "Reset to defaults" button from skin settings as soon as you install Quartz 3. **

In order to release the skin this week, I have to make some compromises and leave some bits for the later. What did not make it:

- alternate vertical home layout
- customizing of XBMC menu on home page
- some further improvements of some of the dialogs
- fan art fallback images

Everything else should pretty much be there.

Some notes:

- Additional views can be enabled in skin settings
- For some media there are just 1 view available. This is subject to change if it turns out to be need for more. For starters, idea was to simplify things and it seems harder to take out existing views than to add moreSmile
- Disabling View options (aka KIOSK) will not work for Icons (grid view) due to XBMC bug that's been solved after Eden beta 2 release.
- If you are unsatisfied with this for whatever reason (I doubt itSmile ) please use rollback button to restore previous version or grab it from repo. Repository will host Quartz 2 while new version is in beta.

I'll be happy to hear from you, as always. Beta release is mostly about bugs fixing but I'll consider any suggestion given you invest few minutes to explain what and why you would like to add/change.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Guys and girls

just follow this link and grab yourself a new Quartz release.

In order...

Looks great! Although it scared me when I first loaded it and it defaults to only one menu on the home screen!

One question: I put this on my aTV by unzipping the zip, renaming the folder to skin.quartz3 and copying that folder to the addon directory. I did this thinking that I'd have both quartz2 & quartz3. But, I only end up with quartz3.

I guess that's OK, but shouldn't I have ended up with both?
Pecinko, So far its fantastic! Imo your best effort yet. Extremely fast on an atv 1 running linux with chd on Eden beta 3!

I see what you mean a few settings dialogues (like where you can add favorites to the Media shelf) are a bit wonky etc. but imo this is the best quartz yet! Fanart will be nice when you have time to add it (like in media list view the fanart in the background was nice) but frankly that said ... Bam, you hit it out of the park!

Will keep testing as two atv 1's here are running it and the folks here will definitely beat on it!

Sidenote: Given the speed of this skin coupled with XBMC Eden's much faster ui api (dirty regions and turbo jpeg) I have now turned off dds fanart since there is no perceptible ui speed boost and it just take up space and time compressing. Fantastic ... XBMC Eden + Quartz 3 ftw!!!
rcrh Wrote:One question: I put this on my aTV by unzipping the zip, renaming the folder to skin.quartz3 and copying that folder to the addon directory. I did this thinking that I'd have both quartz2 & quartz3. But, I only end up with quartz3.

I guess that's OK, but shouldn't I have ended up with both?

You install it via "install from zip" in addons. See first post for more details.

You will end up with upgraded skin Quartz and can rollback to previous version from addon info screen if you do not like it. Alternative is to release it under different name but then you run into same issue when I release updates or put it in the repo - you would see it as "Quartz" which would be different skin than, say, "Quartz beta" and thus would not update.

This is the restriction of XBMC and there is no good way around it ATM.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

dynaflash Wrote:Fanart will be nice when you have time to add it (like in media list view the fanart in the background was nice) but frankly that said ... Bam, you hit it out of the park!

Thanks for feedback, glad to hear possitive reactions.

Fanart is there, just enable additional views in skin settings.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12