• 58(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
Wow very nice!

Installed it today... Definitely a near perfect replica of the ATV menu.

Would it be possible to set label name for custom favourites which you set for the Home Menu ala Quartz 1 style?
pecinko Wrote:Well that's strange as it should present you with a list of favourites to choose from. I have planned to add 5 more shortcuts to use for add ons in addition to 5 favorites just did not get to finish it.
You mean as per Quartz 1 where you could assign favorites or shortcuts ?
pecinko Wrote:Care to post a debug log assigning a favorite shortcut?

Sure http://pastebin.com/zUxt20Pz
bolex17 Wrote:Would it be possible to set label name for custom favourites which you set for the Home Menu ala Quartz 1 style?

I hope that assigning of custom thumb to and renaming you favorite items would be implemented in XBMC shortly after Eden release.

Solution ATM would be to open up favorites.xml from your /userdata/ folder and edit name manually.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Pecinko, you probably are regretting that you asked for input but ...
as well here is how the Add Favorites to the Home Media shelf shows up. Please ignore the flash in the pic as I had to take it via a camera but I think it shows how it lines up kinda strange ...

http://dynaflashtech.net/downloads/scree...urites.jpg
dynaflash Wrote:You mean as per Quartz 1 where you could assign favorites or shortcuts ?

Improved a bit, with possibility to clear current setting.

It is what I get and I have almost identical log to yours. Hmm Does this happen on your iMac or is it on ATV1 only?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:It is what I get and I have almost identical log to yours. Hmm Does this happen on your iMac or is it on ATV1 only?
Happens on both my Atv1's as well as my mbp.
dynaflash Wrote:Pecinko, you probably are regretting that you asked for input but ...
as well here is how the Add Favorites to the Home Media shelf shows up. Please ignore the flash in the pic as I had to take it via a camera but I think it shows how it lines up kinda strange ...

http://dynaflashtech.net/downloads/scree...urites.jpg

OK, that I know how to fix. But when you click on item from it it should get assigned to media shelf?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:OK, that I know how to fix. But when you click on item from it it should get assigned to media shelf?
Nope, neither platform shows it on the media shelf. Presuming you mean across the top.

Now that said, they do show up as shortcuts under the TVShows submenu properly.

Just no thumbs across the media shelf as per Q1.

Edit: additionally its kinda odd in the after selecting a favourite to assign, the ui doesn't respond. But as I said when I back out one screen to the prefs, its listed there. Q1 iirc would go back to the prefs screen after choosing an item and show the result with no user input. Dunno if that info helps or hinders. but its what I am getting here. Again no show stopper but a bug imo. Still loving the skin!
dynaflash Wrote:Nope, neither platform shows it on the media shelf. Presuming you mean across the top.

Now that said, they do show up as shortcuts under the TVShows submenu properly.

Just no thumbs across the media shelf as per Q1.

Huh ! Huh

I can not reproduce the problem - same skin, beta 3, mbp

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hmm, exactly what I am looking for !

Okay so it must be something on my end. let me try to blow away my addons db etc and reinstall to a clean setup. As you know I have run every version of Quartz there has been afaik so maybe something is borked there. .... I guess.

Thanks!
fwiw here are the same screenshots from my mbp:

where its set in prefs:
http://dynaflashtech.net/downloads/scree..._shelf.jpg

Result on the home screen:
http://dynaflashtech.net/downloads/scree..._shelf.jpg

Edit: is it possible that its because I don't have any actual tv shows in my library as you do ? I am just looking for common denomators.

Edit to Edit: nope, that didn't change a thing. I'll keep trying on my end.
dynaflash, do you not need to switch off "auto" under tv shows in the home customizer settings.... then your favourites per the shelf customizer are displayed
peckino, this is great, thanks so much! I've only had a quick look so far but much prefer the std background, horizontal menu and the pop up menu is very slick.

I noted that if I navigate to a favourite tv episode via the shelf, when I try to navigate back I have to go through the full folder structure, it would be better if back simply returned to the shelf

I like the way the prior menu option I have been on is retained, i.e. when I go to XBMC home menu, settings is selected as that is where I was before

IMO, on the ATV2, the medialist3 doesn't look as slick as the infolist2 on Quartz2. The blue watched icon and highlight are too prominent and not as subtle as the white highlight and tick on infolist2. I think the infolist2 also had a faint line separator between rows, which again looked good.

I'm posting this from memory, coz I wanted to get in and say how good this new version is and how grateful I am, so apologies if I'm not being very clear. I'll look in more detail over the weekend and try and articulate my points better then
bolex17 Wrote:Would it be possible to set label name for custom favourites which you set for the Home Menu ala Quartz 1 style?

Small but important update on this subject - use context menu on your favorites to rename them.

When satisfied go to customizer and it will pick changed labels from favorites.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

** version 3.0.1 (beta) **

- All menus feature 5 favorites + 5 add-on items for custom media shelf shortcuts
- Links from Addons menu should return to Home now
- Fixed alignment of favorite items in shelf customizer
- Added top label for shelf items

Available for download here. For best results, please use install from ZIP from add-ons manager.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12