• 61(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
You don't need unpacked textures in order to change logo. Mod Home.xml to point so a different PNG and you're done.

I'll make you a deal.

Come up with icons that can be put above menus instead of XBMC logo and I'll make a skin option where you can change it on per menu basis.

And of course if you can make a better looking logo, post it here and if the others like it I'll use this improved logo in Quartz.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hey Pecinko,

Quote:Come up with icons that can be put above menus instead of XBMC logo and I'll make a skin option where you can change it on per menu basis.

Exactly what i wantBig Grin Great idea! I have some .png's, i can put them by Email link in my dropbox for you?

Many Thanks,
Peter
Peter911 Wrote:Hey Pecinko,

Exactly what i wantBig Grin Great idea! I have some .png's, i can put them by Email link in my dropbox for you?

Many Thanks,
Peter

Naturlich und vielen dank
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi peckino

A couple of things I've noticed:

In Movies when using media info 3 or fanart views, the thumb and synopsis do not keep sync with the movie highlighted when moving up and down quickly through the list as per media info and media info 2 view

The media info view on TV Shows is different to the media info view on Movies, it looks to be the same as media info 3 view on Movies

In TV Shows, episodes view, the episode icons are quite small so difficult to see what they are, wondering whether better to remove them and change the thumb on left hand side of the screen as you scroll through episodes...

Per mediumdry's comment, I wonder if the home menu text would look better if slightly wider/bolder per ATV2 menu (though not as wide/bold as Quartz 2 home menu)

Cheers
pecinko Wrote:Come up with icons that can be put above menus instead of XBMC logo and I'll make a skin option where you can change it on per menu basis.

Cool. What are the constraints (width/height) for the logo's? I suppose they need transparancy around it? The mirror effect in the shelf is taken care of by XBMC itself, right?
rcrh Wrote:I don't use any of the visualizations (they seem a bit 1980's for me) so I like to have a bit more info on the screen while music is playing. I would like to see a screen more like the native aTV music screen with MUCH larger album artwork and the cool animation. Although I do like the additonal info you've added that Apple doesn't. Additionally, it would be nice to see smaller album artwork for the next song in the queue (I think the Neon skin does this).

I don't use music on XBMC and one of the reasons is the play screens. I don't understand the use of visualizations. I'd much rather have info on the playing song and possibly upcoming songs. Maybe even lyrics or artist info (although I'm afraid it would clutter)

Very interested to see what will come up!
bezza Wrote:Hi peckino

A couple of things I've noticed:

In Movies when using media info 3 or fanart views, the thumb and synopsis do not keep sync with the movie highlighted when moving up and down quickly through the list as per media info and media info 2 view

The media info view on TV Shows is different to the media info view on Movies, it looks to be the same as media info 3 view on Movies

In TV Shows, episodes view, the episode icons are quite small so difficult to see what they are, wondering whether better to remove them and change the thumb on left hand side of the screen as you scroll through episodes...

Per mediumdry's comment, I wonder if the home menu text would look better if slightly wider/bolder per ATV2 menu (though not as wide/bold as Quartz 2 home menu)

Cheers

What platform are you on? ATV?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:What platform are you on? ATV?

Sorry, yes, ATV2
mediumdry Wrote:Cool. What are the constraints (width/height) for the logo's? I suppose they need transparancy around it? The mirror effect in the shelf is taken care of by XBMC itself, right?

This is currently used logo

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2845737/XBMCHomeLogo.png

Transparency will probably be needed otherwise we might end up with something looking more as a banner. That might not be most suitable choice but I may be wrong.

Since logo is not changing on per menu basis I made it with reflection. If we want customizable icons/whatever I will use XBMC generated reflections.

Let get this kick off and see what we'll end up with, leaving discussion about the details for the later perhaps.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

bezza Wrote:Sorry, yes, ATV2

I did not experience such behavior on MacBP or Mac mini but I'll double-check this tonight.

Everything is fine when you scroll through items at a slower pace?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

mediumdry Wrote:I don't use music on XBMC and one of the reasons is the play screens. I don't understand the use of visualizations. I'd much rather have info on the playing song and possibly upcoming songs. Maybe even lyrics or artist info (although I'm afraid it would clutter)

Very interested to see what will come up!

Truth be told, I had planned Music playing screen for a long time. What scared me off is the variety off (arguably) needless possibilities that you must take care of.

You know - make it in Apple way but allow for existence of XBMC specific things in an uncluttered way.

So, expect uncluttered and Apple like design there, pretty much ATV looks with sugar on top.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:So, expect uncluttered and Apple like design there, pretty much ATV looks with sugar on top.

BTW, to speed things up - make a mockup in Photoshop and I'll code it like that provided that its in line with Apple TV looks. Same goes for Video playing screen or whatever.

I might as well take an opportunity to thank again Baswazz and Shoesy as they are the authors of icons and backgrounds used with previous/this release.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Everything is fine when you scroll through items at a slower pace?

Yes, fine at slower pace.

Given it is loading the fanart, I guess the fanart load has something to do with it, ideally the fanart load would wait until you rest on an item, so thumb and synopsis loads are not interrupted

Also noticed, that when fast scrolling the highlight bar steps back to prior item then catches up with correct position, i.e. in media info view, if you start from first item in list and fast scroll down, when you reach the forth item in list, the highlight bar briefly highlights the 3rd item before catching up with you now on the 5th item in the list

Thanks
Hi Pecinko,

I've not had time to make a logo yet, but just looking around I found some things that go towards what I would like as logo's for the different options, although I'm not against a banner that would stay the same (but I might as well replace the background image then, I know).

Anyway, I was wondering if this sort of thing is acceptable to more people, so I made a little moodboard.

Is this going towards a style that is acceptable or are my tastes way off?
bezza Wrote:Yes, fine at slower pace.

Given it is loading the fanart, I guess the fanart load has something to do with it, ideally the fanart load would wait until you rest on an item, so thumb and synopsis loads are not interrupted

Also noticed, that when fast scrolling the highlight bar steps back to prior item then catches up with correct position, i.e. in media info view, if you start from first item in list and fast scroll down, when you reach the forth item in list, the highlight bar briefly highlights the 3rd item before catching up with you now on the 5th item in the list

Thanks

Hehe.. I have never seen post about skin performing too quickly on ATV :-) so I'm very glad to hear thatSmile

There are several problems with ATV - fan art loading time, DB operation time (metadata fetching) & fade animations. Not everything can be resolved but I'll definitely take another look at it and see if things could be improved.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12