• 71(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
bandelguy Wrote:I guess Quartz can be used in windows too, isn't it?

Any platform running XBMC would be fine.

westcoastbias Wrote:So the one thing I have noticed with this skin, is that on my atv2, when the library is updating (which I have it set to automatically with sickbeard) the video really buffers and chops badly. While I have noticed an impact with other skins, nothing this dramatic.

I think you might be jumping to conclusions.

DB operations and playback is XBMC only. I believe you will experience same slowdown if you try to play the same file while library is updating in Confluence, provided that you're on the same wired connection.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

mediumdry Wrote:Is it possible to disable the watchlist? It seems random and shows me some recently added episodes as well so they appear twice on the same screen. I'd prefer if I could switch it off.

I have to admit it gets confusing. Experienced this myself yesterday. Me think....

Quote:..obvious if you go through the menus. Just make the letters the same pixel height as you make all the pictures and use the auto reflection.

Logo will match ATV logo size and position. Will check it out.

Quote:Another niggle, the width of the visible part in the menu organisers is less than what's used by the text, so part of the text is not visible. No idea why that is.. See an example here (most favourites filled in there). I can't even check wether or not options are enabled. (also after resetting all options)

Fixed, waiting for release it's the same one Peter found.

Quote:You mentioned allowing an alternate font, but I can't find that option anywhere in the menu.

I have mentioned where to find it as well Smile - Appearance in (XBMC) Settings.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Guys

if you find me Helvetica look-a-like font with unicode support that is free to use in a skin I'll be happy to include it as a skin option.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Guys

if you find me Helvetica look-a-like font with unicode support that is free to use in a skin I'll be happy to include it as a skin option.

I did found another look-a-like it has unicode:
http://www.fonts2u.com/luzern.font

edit:
Only the thickness does not match.
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
Baswazz Wrote:I did found another look-a-like it has unicode:
http://www.fonts2u.com/luzern.font

edit:
Only the thickness does not match.

No it's not unicode. It has some of diacritic letters but not all... Looks nice but it's differently aligned vertically and I would need to recode the whole skin. F*ck the font.

This one is really nice, it's not Helvetica but so what?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Removed watchlist episodes...
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

...and put them in separate window where 10 of them can fit nicely without mixing with recently added Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi,

what about this Font?:

http://www.fonts2u.com/dejavu-sans-extra...mit=Senden

Regards,
Peter
I am looking for help on how to configure or disable the system shutdown options dialog when "QUIT" is selected from the Quartz main menu. The dialog box that comes up usually goes to "Suspend" but I would like to either have it go to "Quit" by default or, better yet, eliminate the dialog box completely as I just want to "Quit".

Edit: never mind - I just upgraded to V3 and now I see it in the skin settings.
Love this skin!

On 3.0.5 here is what I found <testing on Win platform with Eden Beta 3>

Under skin settings menu cutomizer. You can toggle menu items on and off but you cannot see by way of indication or check mark on the sub menu items if they are indeed on or off. Under favorites (Movies), I also cannot see what I am setting up as favorites. I can type in information, but only some of the letters show up when I assign a name to the favorites. Also under the XBMC menu option, you can toggle the entire menu function off or on but not the sub items (except for settings or you could never get back there).

<PS - like having this full cutomization - I am setting up ATV's for family members, so I want to lock down the menu items as much as possible>

XBMC menu Quit button function:

I select Quit but at some point it keeps going back to Choose from Menu. When you select Quit, and go back the main menu it works. After exiting XBMC and then coming back in, the Chose from Menu behavior is back.

Feature Request - how about an option to change the background colors of the skin at some point rather than the black. Just a thought.

Great job on this.....
I have a suggestion for the music section. Would it be possible to have a browse option as we do for Movies and TV shows? This would make it easier if one wishes to add a source or update the music library using the context menu on the source in question.

Really enjoying this version of Quartz!
richhy Wrote:I have a suggestion for the music section. Would it be possible to have a browse option as we do for Movies and TV shows? This would make it easier if one wishes to add a source or update the music library using the context menu on the source in question.

Really enjoying this version of Quartz!

If I'm not mistaken, Browse files and Browse library should be already available in 3.0.5
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

krade Wrote:Feature Request - how about an option to change the background colors of the skin at some point rather than the black. Just a thought.

Thanks for feedback, I'll fix those.

Different backgrounds is a more problematic one. Proper way would probably be to go with different theme so that selector button will match background...
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Peter911 Wrote:Hi,

what about this Font?:

http://www.fonts2u.com/dejavu-sans-extra...mit=Senden

Regards,
Peter

That one has unicode but is roughly 20% wider Sad

Let's stick to existing one for now and we'll see later.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Watchlist is sometimes missing the screenshot thumb for objects. When it does, it is always the leftmosts that are blank.

And also it shows sometimes more than one episode from the same TV show in the watchlist.
The Real Skimshady
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12