• 74(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
Hi,

same Problem with button down in context menue.

Keep on your perfect Skin, Pecinko!
OK, nice catch. Here you can see that I spend much more time coding skin that actually using it Big Grin Sad

This is fixed now and I believe we already have Add-ons section on home.

Gimme something else Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:gimme something else Smile
3.06? Wink
A small suggestion. On the home screen, when you are at the bottom of one of the categories, moving down one more time should take you all the way up again.

Another thing, is it possible to add/edit/delete favourites in the GUI without having to manually edit the favourites.xml -file.

In the settings, there is just one too many category to fit into the screen without scrolling. Could something be done there? Merge two categories, move one out to the home screen, make slightly smaller font size, use the space on the left side etc?
The Real Skimshady
bthusby Wrote:A small suggestion. On the home screen, when you are at the bottom of one of the categories, moving down one more time should take you all the way up again.

Problem is you may not not you have hit the bottom as you cannot see next items. That way you press down thinking there is one more to come but it takes you all the way up. When you press up you don't return but end up in recently added.

Quote:Another thing, is it possible to add/edit/delete favourites in the GUI without having to manually edit the favourites.xml -file.

What precisely you have in mind?
Quote:In the settings, there is just one too many category to fit into the screen without scrolling. Could something be done there? Merge two categories, move one out to the home screen, make slightly smaller font size, use the space on the left side etc?

No, no and no Smile But I can remove some of the settings to avoid clutter? Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Problem is you may not not you have hit the bottom as you cannot see next items. That way you press down thinking there is one more to come but it takes you all the way up. When you press up you don't return but end up in recently added.

What precisely you have in mind?

No, no and no Smile But I can remove some of the settings to avoid clutter? Smile

Anyone have that many items? Smile Maybe moving up when in 'recently added' should take you to the bottom of the items list too?

About favourites, I haven't been using it yet. When I enter the Favourite-item the screen is almost blank; nothing to select. It seems one has to edit the xml-file to utilize favourites. Or am I wrong? What are people using favourites for anyway?

And lastly, I think it would be good to avoid clutter on the settings-screen. No scrolling should be needed. Maybe one or two of the settings are unimportant enough to put under (merge with) another setting item? Or important enough to bring to the home screen under XBMC category?
The Real Skimshady
bthusby Wrote:About favourites, I haven't been using it yet. When I enter the Favourite-item the screen is almost blank; nothing to select. It seems one has to edit the xml-file to utilize favourites. Or am I wrong? What are people using favourites for anyway?

So you would want to remove "Favourites" item from XBMC menu?

**Use context menu on any item to add it to favorites. Or, use skin options to assign item from favorites to submenu of your choice. E.g. - go add trailers to Movies submenu.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

bthusby Wrote:Anyone have that many items? Smile
raises hand....

I agree with Pecinko, if you cycle, you can't easily go back. I was wondering about the non-cycling at first but now I prefer it to the alternative, which would be messy.
bthusby Wrote:Or am I wrong? What are people using favourites for anyway?
Speaking for myself, I use favourites to get handy shortcuts on the home screen. Smile
Under music I have years and artists, under tv shows I have links to video addons that show missed shows and the like and I use it a lot to have different tv channels I have in livestreams to show up under "Live TV" (a renamed pictures, which I don't use). If anything, I'd like more favourites on the home screen.
pecinko Wrote:So you would want to remove "Favourites" item from XBMC menu?

**Use context menu on any item to add it to favorites. Or, use skin options to assign item from favorites to submenu of your choice. E.g. - go add trailers to Movies submenu.

Im just tossing it out there. An Add-on doesn't need to be a favourite to put it in the media shelf for the Quartz skin so... My needs are covered by the Add-ons media shelf function, but I would very much like to hear smart uses for Favourites Smile I don't know if Favourites should be in the XBMC menu...

Is it possible to make a mimic of the navigation sound of Apple TV too? Optional of course for those who likes it quiet Wink
The Real Skimshady
mediumdry Wrote:Speaking for myself, I use favourites to get handy shortcuts on the home screen. Smile
Under music I have years and artists, under tv shows I have links to video addons that show missed shows and the like and I use it a lot to have different tv channels I have in livestreams to show up under "Live TV" (a renamed pictures, which I don't use). If anything, I'd like more favourites on the home screen.

Oh I see. I still have a lot to learn Smile How do you make those advanced favourites? Do you hack the Favourites.xml file sometimes? Or is everything GUI enabled?
The Real Skimshady
All GUI enabled, just choose the context menu and select "add to favourites". Currently I need to edit the name in the favourites, if I want that, because Quartz no longer allows it, but it still ends up with what I want.

How you get to the context menu depends on how you control your XBMC. I can be a right-click or (in my case) a long menu press on my apple remote, there's a keyboard shortcut for it too...
mediumdry Wrote:raises hand....

I agree with Pecinko, if you cycle, you can't easily go back. I was wondering about the non-cycling at first but now I prefer it to the alternative, which would be messy.

Speaking for myself, I use favourites to get handy shortcuts on the home screen. Smile

I wasn't aware of favourites being used in the way you're saying, and you're not referring to playlists are you? As far as I knew the favourites.xml was fairly basic and you pretty much just populate the favourites menu by adding items to it via the context menu. The playlists are where things can get quite advanced.

On a side note for Pecinko, were any changes made in Quartz3 for the Apple Remote? Big skip forward doesn't seem to work, maybe this is another thing I needed to custom add back in.
ATV2 running XBMC Eden (Skin: Quartz3)
Windows 7 running XBMC Eden (custom setup as I'm basically running it as a service)
MySQL installed on Windows 7 for sharing libraries
iOS Specific FAQ | Alternative ATV2 keymap | Default ATV2 keymap
Post log files to Pastebin

akevit Wrote:On a side note for Pecinko, were any changes made in Quartz3 for the Apple Remote? Big skip forward doesn't seem to work, maybe this is another thing I needed to custom add back in.

And also for the Apple remote, what about holding the arrows makes navigation in the menus move quick? Now one has to press multiple times instead of holding... And when watching video the same would rewind or fast-forward. Is it skin related to add functions to the remote?
The Real Skimshady
bthusby Wrote:And also for the Apple remote, what about holding the arrows makes navigation in the menus move quick? Now one has to press multiple times instead of holding... And when watching video the same would rewind or fast-forward. Is it skin related to add functions to the remote?

No, not in any way. Take a look at wiki for how to make custom mappings for your remote.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

mediumdry Wrote:All GUI enabled, just choose the context menu and select "add to favourites". Currently I need to edit the name in the favourites, if I want that, because Quartz no longer allows it, but it still ends up with what I want.

If you bring up context menu while in favorites you will be pleasantly surprisedSmile It is supported by XBMC, so there's no need to manually edit XML or add it to skin.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12