• 76(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
pecinko Wrote:Guys

there's gonna be a slight delay. We have to rework Home page to ATV3 style.... Just ditched hours of hard work...

please no! If you can, please post 3.06 so that we can use that version if we want (unsupported).

On the other hand, I do second the emotion that you might be able to make something nice out of the atv3 home screen. I'm not too impressed either on first viewing...

[edit] should read till the end of the thread before I reply Wink
Geirern87 Wrote:Hi, just wanted to say: I love Quartz and have been using it for some time. However, please dont overwrite v2.0 with the new v3.0. I really dont like it (the views and the home screen). I have Quartz installed through your repository and I would really appriciate it if you made a new entry when the v3 goes "public".

Thanks =)

You already have it on your PC, right?

Keep it secret. Keep it safe.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Let me give some info about what's going on as I see some of you are expecting 3.0.6 release

Since Baswazz has joined the project we were working hard at improving look, making it as close as ATV interface as we could. As a result most of the screens are now almost 1:1 replicas of it.

Besides, we are pushing hard to make it before Eden final so I just make a fix when bug is reported from yourside but keep going on. A lot of things got improved in meantime so skin version is already 3.1.2.

As I would like to keep things improving further, any skinner or graphic artist that finds this skin philosophy and approach familiar with his ideas is welcomed aboard to join forces with us and help. General idea is to split the work so this does not eventually end up as unsupported skin, so we can focus on details too but that it should also free up some time to actually enjoy skin instead of coding it all the time. Just send me a PM in case you're interested so we can discuss details.

You can expect release (through my repo) in a day or two with some nice bonus that will be added in a week or so if all goes well.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Question 
Hi pecinko,

first I like to thank you for that great skin Smile

Maybe this has been asked before, but I would like to ask if it is possible to add PVR Support to the Skin?
I would sponsor you some Hardware (For example a TV-Tuner) or help with something else out or donate
if you would be willing to add PVR Support.

The Idea of having all my Media presented in a Apple like design on all my Clients plus LiveTV is amazing. Smile

Thanks for all hour hard work and looking forward to an positive answer from you Smile

Regards
Vlaves
Vlaves Wrote:Maybe this has been asked before, but I would like to ask if it is possible to add PVR Support to the Skin?

Do you happen to know what does it need to make this work in OS X world. I have pretty much all Macs, except for kids game machine.

You need to have a server running somewhere, which would stream to XBMC client or? Where could I find XBMC build with PVR for OS X?

I have pretty much zero usage for it so I admit I did not follow threads about PVR at all.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi Pecinko, I too have all Apple stuff, and PVR is difficult for it. (I have been looking into it). The HDHomeRun stuff seems promising and there is, of course, the slingbox implementation in XBMC, but that is not really a real solution to me. (can only change channels while in that source, so any kind of program guide is not possible, and the resolution is limited to 320x240 because of DRM build into the sling protocols)

If anyone has a good solution for a Mac, I'd be willing to spend time on it and help you out with design and possibly some basic coding for the Live TV part though.
mediumdry Wrote:Pecinko, before I ask you to do an extreme amount of coding, what do you think of the concept that
overflow is using for the ATV2?

Might be a solution for people that want to cut back on menu items. However, I'm not sure what would follow if you select one of the options. I guess a screen with the menu options as a list?

Finaly grabbed a moment to take a look.

How would this work? Every menu would feature settings item in it and by clicking you would be taken to list with options available?

If I take music for example, we have system items that I can make available such as genres, years, top100 etc. Then we have specific items that you have to assign from favorites and finally add-ons.

I cannot mix them without a special script that would pull and expose them to a options list. Overflow has a much simpler job here as it lists items available on server or wherever.

Finally I'm not sure having settings item in every menu all the time would be nice. Or did I miss the point here completelySmile ?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Here are XBMC/ATV2/iOS Builds with PVR Support: http://xbmc.picmania.org

And i think the easiest way to do a PVR Server install is to use Openelec PVR Builds and than activate the TVHeadend Addon in XBMC, which will install TVHeadend.
You could install Openelec in any VMWare Fusion or Parallels Installation on your mac.
And than you could configure free IPTV streams in the TVHeadend Webconfiguration using http://hostname:9981/

But maybe there is no need to install a TV-server, maybe it is enough to have the PVR-Part of the Skin...Eek

If you need more Information I would like to help out Smile

Ragards
Vlaves

pecinko Wrote:Do you happen to know what does it need to make this work in OS X world. I have pretty much all Macs, except for kids game machine.

You need to have a server running somewhere, which would stream to XBMC client or? Where could I find XBMC build with PVR for OS X?

I have pretty much zero usage for it so I admit I did not follow threads about PVR at all.
It shoul be posssible to install Openelec PVR Builds in VMWare Fusion or Parallels and use a USB-Tuner. The Install XBMC PVR for Mac OS X and connect to the VM.
Openelec is not resource hungry, so it should not be that hard for such powerfull machines like Macs are Smile

mediumdry Wrote:Hi Pecinko, I too have all Apple stuff, and PVR is difficult for it. (I have been looking into it). The HDHomeRun stuff seems promising and there is, of course, the slingbox implementation in XBMC, but that is not really a real solution to me. (can only change channels while in that source, so any kind of program guide is not possible, and the resolution is limited to 320x240 because of DRM build into the sling protocols)

If anyone has a good solution for a Mac, I'd be willing to spend time on it and help you out with design and possibly some basic coding for the Live TV part though.
Vlaves Wrote:Here are XBMC/ATV2/iOS Builds with PVR Support: http://xbmc.picmania.org

And i think the easiest way to do a PVR Server install is to use Openelec PVR Builds and than activate the TVHeadend Addon in XBMC, which will install TVHeadend.
You could install Openelec in any VMWare Fusion or Parallels Installation on your mac.
And than you could configure free IPTV streams in the TVHeadend Webconfiguration using http://hostname:9981/

But maybe there is no need to install a TV-server, maybe it is enough to have the PVR-Part of the Skin...Eek

Ragards
Vlaves

Well, problem with iOS is I can't code on it. I can watch but can't alter the skin code and look at results without copying skin updates to it. It is practically impossible to code that way.

I would need PVR client to run on OS X XBMC. If it can run without server streaming to it, that would be very nice. That way I could code up PVR part of skin without server Smile Are those free IPTV channels offering all that is to code in skin - i.e. is there any functionality that is NOT active? If there is, I can not code it up as I can not test it.

Do you know somebody that actually runs USB Tuner in Virtual machine on OS X? I would expect it to crawl at 5fps if it would function at all, but I may be wrong.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Well, problem with iOS is I can't code on it. I can watch but can't alter the skin code and look at results without copying skin updates to it. It is practically impossible to code that way.

I would need PVR client to run on OS X XBMC. If it can run without server streaming to it, that would be very nice. That way I could code up PVR part of skin without server Smile Are those free IPTV channels offering all that is to code in skin - i.e. is there any functionality that is NOT active? If there is, I can not code it up as I can not test it.

Do you know somebody that actually runs USB Tuner in Virtual machine on OS X? I would expect it to crawl at 5fps if it would function at all, but I may be wrong.

I have been using a USB-TV-Tuner in an VM. You can not decode or use XBMC in the VM, it would be to slow. But, you could use the PVR-Backend-Part of Openelec in the VM, which doesn't need any or not much CPU-Power, cause it is just tuning the Transponder on the TV-Card and than grabbing the whole stream and the send's it to your real XBMC PVR OS X Installation.
The OS X XBMC runs natively and uses Hardware acceleration for decoding, so it should fly on any recent mac Smile

Hope I could help to clarify what I meant Eek

I never used myself IPTV streams, just a real Tuner. Maybe the EPG part will not have any data, but that is just a guess.
I could send you one. It is just a DVB-T USB-Stick. I don't know if it is possible to receive DVB-T where you live...

Regards
Vlaves
Thumbs Up 
Hi Pecinko,

thanks for the hard work. I don`t really like the coluored Home Screen buttons (maybe only grey or silver ones?). In my Opinion the "old" Home Screen is a little bit stylisher, what do you think? Maybe it is possible to make selection in Skin Settings between "old" (2 Gen) and "new" (3 Gen) Style? If i could help in any way i will try it;-) But in coding i`m a bloody rookie...;-(

Regards,
Peter
Thumbs Up 
Hi Pecinko,

I just have seen the Screenshots here andy this looks very promising Smile

Can't wait for the next release Smile

Did you think about the PVR Stuff?

Thanks again for all your hard work and for such a great skin Smile

Regards
Vlaves
pecinko Wrote:Finaly grabbed a moment to take a look.

How would this work? Every menu would feature settings item in it and by clicking you would be taken to list with options available?

If I take music for example, we have system items that I can make available such as genres, years, top100 etc. Then we have specific items that you have to assign from favorites and finally add-ons.

I cannot mix them without a special script that would pull and expose them to a options list. Overflow has a much simpler job here as it lists items available on server or wherever.

Finally I'm not sure having settings item in every menu all the time would be nice. Or did I miss the point here completelySmile ?
Yeah, been thinking about it a bit more. Personally, I don't see a need for it. There seemed to be a demand for it, so I wondered if you had thought of this solution. Thanks for considering!
Vlaves Wrote:Here are XBMC/ATV2/iOS Builds with PVR Support: http://xbmc.picmania.org

Well, I've got it working on Mac OS (tvheadend doesn't need much in the way of resources), I am now wondering how the IPTV part of it works.

Regardless, if any input/help on the live tv part of the skin is wanted, let me know.
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12