• 109(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
(2012-06-26, 12:14)pecinko Wrote:
(2012-06-26, 07:14)buncle Wrote: Also, to add to my initial list:

#4 - XBMC Backup does not appear to save the Quartz Skin settings. All other XBMC configuration settings (including add-on settings, favourites, thumbs, etc) are stored correctly within the backup file, however any custom menu changes, changes to the shelf, and other Quartz-specific settings are not restored when recovering the backup. (Not a major issue for me, just a bit of a pain... I use XMBC Backup to "duplicate" my lounge ATV over to my bedroom ATV, otherwise I'd never have noticed).

Is this likely to be a tricky fix? (I'm thinking that it could be more of a hassle for others that use XMBC Backup to recover their installation in the event of an Apple Software Update/Restore).

And you are sure XBMC backup is backing up skin settings as well? Smile Anyway, this has nothing to do with a skin Smile

I figured that might be the case. I'll raise this on the XBMC Backup board.

Regarding the crash I mentioned earlier (clicking stream buttons in shelf)... After duplicating my settings onto a 2nd atv, those buttons work perfectly every time. The 1st atv still crashes 75% of the time. Looks like it might be an isolated problem after all!

Keep up the great work! This skin is excellent!!
(2012-06-26, 13:31)mikey1234 Wrote: Instead of having the long bar at the top when paused that shows the time can it be separated into litlle boxes just to hold the time.......any chance not having any black opacity in the vignettes at all......only on the bits that show the info

You mean like in Glass skin?
(2012-06-26, 13:11)Pitbull_Raven Wrote: That's enough talk from you mister! Now go make that skin and post it to OP. I need my new skin fix fast Smile

Is that so? Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

i havent seen the glass skin ?

all i mean is show as much fanart as possible but be able to read all info that needs reading..........

(2012-06-27, 15:49)pecinko Wrote:
(2012-06-26, 13:11)Pitbull_Raven Wrote: That's enough talk from you mister! Now go make that skin and post it to OP. I need my new skin fix fast Smile

Is that so? Smile

Hehehe... Yeah, I'm jonesing for a new skin. I was on QUARTZ for so long. Recently I confess I have moved *shame on me* to a different skin, but only because I was feeling QUARTZ was getting a bit "old". With the revamp, I'm pretty sure I'll be running back to it Smile
(2012-06-27, 16:35)Pitbull_Raven Wrote: Hehehe... Yeah, I'm jonesing for a new skin. I was on QUARTZ for so long. Recently I confess I have moved *shame on me* to a different skin, but only because I was feeling QUARTZ was getting a bit "old". With the revamp, I'm pretty sure I'll be running back to it Smile

Skins are a bit like women - Always different, always the same.

EDIT: Of course, same holds true for men, if you are a woman.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

when i pause a video i have 2 times showing one on the top left which is correct and one in the top right which are in (brackets) which always randomnly wrong !!!!

this is in any plugin used.......is this a skin issue or xbmc issue??
(2012-07-01, 20:17)mikey1234 Wrote: when i pause a video i have 2 times showing one on the top left which is correct and one in the top right which are in (brackets) which always randomnly wrong !!!!

this is in any plugin used.......is this a skin issue or xbmc issue??

Neither Smile

Current time is on left while video end time is on right.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Pmsl

Fantastic
Hi,

I almost only use Watchlist now, when watching TV shows. It still bugs me that the Watchlist is unstable on ATV2. It doesn't always update to the next episode when I have watched one. I have to manually refresh the whole list too often. Also, a slightly less annoying problem is the occasional missing thumb and poster graphic for some items in the Watchlist. Any solution for this in the horizon? (I asked this a few months back too)

Another thing, is it possible to make a shortcut to the TV show folder of a selected item in the Watchlist (i.e. in the context menu)?
The Real Skimshady
(2012-07-04, 00:03)bthusby Wrote: I almost only use Watchlist now, when watching TV shows. It still bugs me that the Watchlist is unstable on ATV2. It doesn't always update to the next episode when I have watched one. I have to manually refresh the whole list too often. Also, a slightly less annoying problem is the occasional missing thumb and poster graphic for some items in the Watchlist. Any solution for this in the horizon? (I asked this a few months back too)

Yup, I remember. Unfortunately (or thank god from where I standSmile those problems have nothing to do with a skin. Sorry Sad

Quote:Another thing, is it possible to make a shortcut to the TV show folder of a selected item in the Watchlist (i.e. in the context menu)?

No, not possible.

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I updated to the latest daily today (July 4th) on my Apple TV2 and i noticed a hang on shutting down XBMC. The logs don't seem to say much. (I can upload it if needed) but the last and only suspicions line i can identify is
"15:33:35 T:206434304 ERROR: XBPyThread:Confusedtop - script didn't stop in proper time - lets kill it"

I narrowed it down to the quartz skin. I have also been able to determine that it does cause a "clean" XBMC installation to hang with the default skin settings. I had the 3.3.5 version of the skin
Try disabling watchlist item in tvshows menu - hide it in skin settings. This should disable watchlist script.

Anyhow this is not skin issue - it's either xbmc or script problem. Post a debug log if above does not help.
Btw above will stop watchlist execution in quartz but some other skin could run it if you switch to it.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Didn't help. I actually didn't have any watchlist item because i had an empty library. I disable the entire TV section all the same

Debug log with no crash (using the default skin)
http://pastebin.com/MZEYPDgL

Started with default skin, switched to quartz and then exit (hang)
http://pastebin.com/k38gKkhN

Started and ended with quartz (hang)
http://pastebin.com/tATz8iGg

Thanks
Actually, after installing and configuring a few other addons using the same default skin, I'm starting to notice the hang again. As you said, it's probably nothing to do with quartz but seems to at least be related to addons
Looks like one or more of the service add ons fails to stop in time and in turn XBMC fails to "kill" it before quit for some reason.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12