• 119(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
I just got the skin installed, but can't seem to get the files to display.

When I set up a share with NFS or SMB share from my Synology NAS the files don't appear.

I have set the permissions and the pi sees the folders but none of the files.

I had seen it display the art work on youtube, but I can't work out what is wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Quartz is really the best skin for XBMC. But it is a mess that the "Fullscreen Player" screen hides half of the fanarts. I modified MusicVisualisation.xml to reduce all the infos and album cover.

You can download the new file and the diff at the following URL:
http://web.ledisez.net/MusicVisualisation.xml
http://web.ledisez.net/MusicVisualisatio...over.patch

Just replace ~/.xbmc/addons/skin.quartz/1080i/MusicVisualisation.xml and restart XBMC.
great thanks for sharing, i want to try it out.

i can download and replace an xml file.

but what do i do with the .patch file?
Nothing. The patch is just here to show the differences between the original file and my version.
(2012-12-19, 09:37)ondex Wrote: Nothing. The patch is just here to show the differences between the original file and my version.

Brilliant, it works perfectly.

in case anyone needs to know how to get fanarts into the background when playing music:

1. download and install the artist slideshow addon
2. Enable fanart in MusicPlaying window (OSD, settings) and slideshow will start automatically, provided you have artist slideshow addon installed
Can anyone give me a clue how to slightly mod the quartz skin to allow the music fanart form artist slideshow in the OSD to pan & zoom?

I'm not a skinner at all but if anyone knows how to do it i'd like to give it a go.
Don't suppose anyone is using quartz with frodo? by manually unzipping the skin zip into the addons folder?

Reason I ask is because when i go into skin settings and try and use "home menus customizer" i click to add a favourite to the home menu and it does nothing.

obviously i'll just need to wait for the proper version of quartz for frodo but thought i'd put it out there in case anyone knows a workaround.
Seriously LOVE this skin, but i'd like to change one thing for myself, if anyone wants to help, if it it possible. I have fanart enabled for this skin, and I'd really like to set the fanart 2 for the episode view, but i can only choose fanart layout number 3 for that. Can anyone help me?

PS. Complete noob with this! XD
(2012-12-18, 23:35)ondex Wrote: Quartz is really the best skin for XBMC. But it is a mess that the "Fullscreen Player" screen hides half of the fanarts. I modified MusicVisualisation.xml to reduce all the infos and album cover.

You can download the new file and the diff at the following URL:
http://web.ledisez.net/MusicVisualisation.xml
http://web.ledisez.net/MusicVisualisatio...over.patch

Just replace ~/.xbmc/addons/skin.quartz/1080i/MusicVisualisation.xml and restart XBMC.

On my screen when using your patch for fullscreen music player, the bottom strip of the album cover gets cvered when i press the ok/select button to bring up the controls?

Not really a big deal, but i keep this on screen for friends and family who prefer using these buttons so i just thought i'd ask on the off chance you would be able to move things up the screen a little bit?

its only a cm or os on my screen but i suppose that would depend on screen size. t's about one sixth of the album height.
(2012-12-20, 16:55)thebearnecessit Wrote: On my screen when using your patch for fullscreen music player, the bottom strip of the album cover gets cvered when i press the ok/select button to bring up the controls?

Try to edit MusicVisualisation.xml and reduce the value of posy (eg: -50px) at the following lines :
  • for the left view : 85, 120, 132, 141, 150, 159
  • for the right view : 222, 257, 268, 277, 286, 297

It should do the trick.
thanks very much for posting that.

I'll give it a go just now.
Quartz 4 is available from https://github.com/pecinko/quartz

Some quick changes to make skin Frodo compatible Smile

/ click on ZIP icon, download the skin and install via add from ZIP in add ons/settings /
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Great stuff, thanks.

I've installed quartz 4 into a fresh install of frodo rc1, but i have no "skin" option in the settings menu so i can't edit the skin features.

edit: found them in a new place in the "appearance" section of the settings menu.
Can we use skin widgets with quartz 4?

also, I have added couple of sources to my favourites. The works great from favourites but they dont work from the home screen.

the sources are not in the library becaus ethey are just folders with downloaded youtube clips.

can you think of any reason why this type of item on the home screen would work in quartz 3 eden and not in quartz 4 frodo?
WTF is a skin widget?
Dunno. Big Grin

Well I know roughly what it is. It allows users to easily access a screen which shows them the next unwatched episode of tv shows in their library. and on the same screen it shows movies that have only been partially watched and a few of your most listened to albums.

It's a new thing that wasn't in eden. eden had watchlist and skin widgets is just the new incarnation of watchlist as far as i know.

That's probably not exact but you get the idea of what skin widgets are for.
  • 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12