• 120(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
(2012-12-21, 03:11)thebearnecessit Wrote: Great stuff, thanks.

I've installed quartz 4 into a fresh install of frodo rc1, but i have no "skin" option in the settings menu so i can't edit the skin features.

edit: found them in a new place in the "appearance" section of the settings menu.

See second post (FAQ) in this thread Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I'm reposting this because i kept editing my previous post so it was easily missed:

winxp, frodo rc1, quartz4

Can we use skin widgets with quartz 4?

also, more importantly (to my wife anyway) I have added couple of directories to my favourites. The works great from favourites but they dont work from the home screen.

(the sources are not in the library because they are just folders with downloaded youtube clips, so thats why i want to access these directories from the home screen).

can you think of any reason why this type of "directory" would work fine from the favourites but won't work from the home screen? It worked in quartz 3 eden and not in quartz 4 frodo - but maybe i've forgotton something i'm supposed to do?
(2012-12-21, 16:46)thebearnecessit Wrote: also, I have added couple of sources to my favourites. The works great from favourites but they dont work from the home screen.

for me too.
i hope it will work soon
(2012-12-21, 16:46)thebearnecessit Wrote: I'm reposting this because i kept editing my previous post so it was easily missed:

also, more importantly (to my wife anyway) I have added couple of directories to my favourites. The works great from favourites but they dont work from the home screen.

(the sources are not in the library because they are just folders with downloaded youtube clips, so thats why i want to access these directories from the home screen).

can you think of any reason why this type of "directory" would work fine from the favourites but won't work from the home screen? It worked in quartz 3 eden and not in quartz 4 frodo - but maybe i've forgotton something i'm supposed to do?

No skin widgets ATM, sorry.

Favourites worked nice at my side but I did not test much to be honest. Will have a look.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-12-21, 18:05)pecinko Wrote:
(2012-12-21, 16:46)thebearnecessit Wrote: I'm reposting this because i kept editing my previous post so it was easily missed:

No skin widgets ATM, sorry.

Favourites worked nice at my side but I did not test much to be honest. Will have a look.

Thanks for your help.

adding favourites to the home screen is working perfectly. I think it's is a particular problem when adding a directory to favourites, then trying to add it to home screen.

here's what i did to see if you can replicate

1. went to media sources and added a folder on my local drive. didnt specify it as tv or movie or anything and chose exclude from library updates
2. then went to home screen, movies, browse and used context menu to add that new source to favourites
3. then went to skin setting and tried to add that new favourite to the home screen

source works great
favourite works great
home screen item does that thing where it just shows you a screen that looks like an empty directory with an empty blue highlighted box. have to press escape to get out.
Quartz is by far my favorite skin for XMBC. I'm running Eden and the version of Quartz available in the official repo. There are a few quirks that I wish were different but I'm not going to hate. This is a fantastic skin. Less is more! Thanks for making it!
thebearnecessit,
Thank u. It works
(2012-12-22, 09:43)beytarj Wrote: thebearnecessit,
Thank u. It works

what does?
(2012-12-22, 04:27)hualon Wrote: Quartz is by far my favorite skin for XMBC. I'm running Eden and the version of Quartz available in the official repo. There are a few quirks that I wish were different but I'm not going to hate. This is a fantastic skin. Less is more! Thanks for making it!

Thanks.

Suggestions are welcomed.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I have an odd problem. The icon view mode in Movies doesn't remember the last selection. That is, go into movies, scroll through the icon view and start watching a movie, stop the movie and the last highlighted movie (which was just played) is forgotten. Instead a random movie is highlighted.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?
(2012-12-22, 13:22)thebearnecessit Wrote:
(2012-12-22, 09:43)beytarj Wrote: thebearnecessit,
Thank u. It works

what does?

adding favourites to the home screen is working perfectly. I think it's is a particular problem when adding a directory to favourites, then trying to add it to home screen.

here's what i did to see if you can replicate

1. went to media sources and added a folder on my local drive. didnt specify it as tv or movie or anything and chose exclude from library updates
2. then went to home screen, movies, browse and used contect menu to add that new source to favourites
3. then went to skin setting and tried to add that new favourite to the home screen

source works great
favourite works great
home screen item does that thing where it just shows you a screen that looks like an empty directory with an empty blue highlighted box. have to press escape to get out.
is there anyway to put a favorite on the main menu.. rather than have to go down two levels to get to the favorites?
(2012-12-24, 20:51)gman3042 Wrote: is there anyway to put a favorite on the main menu.. rather than have to go down two levels to get to the favorites?

Sure, just disable all other entries in the menu, rename it how you like it - instead pictures for example "kids movies" and as the first favorite in that list add a favorite with the same name.
(2012-12-24, 20:51)gman3042 Wrote: is there anyway to put a favorite on the main menu.. rather than have to go down two levels to get to the favorites?

in frodo - settings > appearance > skin > settings > home menus customizer > and from there you can rename the categories themselves, and add in anything that is in your favourites list

in eden - settings > skin > home menus customizer > and from there you can rename the categories themselves, and add in anything that is in your favourites list

you can also edit a file on your computer that will make a keyboard button (or remote control button) of your choosing open up your favourites list.

you edit a file called "keyboard.xml" and add in a line like "<z>ActivateWindow(favourites)</z>"

that will make the z button on your keyboard open up the favourites menu. if you are interested in more details on how to do this then post back here or start a new thread or try reading this article http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap although if you are a beginner then that article isnt really the easiest to follow tbh.

Loving the skin so far!!

Sorry if this has been suggested before, but an option to change the media view thing in the main menu (pictures above the sub menus) from just recently added, maybe an option to have a scrolling view and it just be a random selection of what movies you have, and maybe just a rotating tv show posters. Same goes for music, just random instead of random.

If this is already in there somewhere... sorry! But thought it would be cool Big Grin
  • 120(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12