• 121(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
You can do that by changing Includes_Shelf.xml in combination with the Skin Widgets Addon.

It looks like this, for example the movie shelf:

Code:
<item id="1" description="Movies">
       <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(MoviesShelf_Custom)</visible>
       <visible>!IsEmpty(Window.Property(RandomMovie.1.File))</visible>
       <label>$INFO[Window.Property(RandomMovie.1.Title)]</label>
       <thumb>$INFO[Window.Property(RandomMovie.1.Art(poster))]</thumb>
       <property name="ItemType">Random Movie</property>
       <onclick>PlayMedia($ESCINFO[Window(Home).Property(RandomMovie.1.File)])</onclick>
</item>

instead of the original:

Code:
<item id="1" description="Movies">
       <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(MoviesShelf_Custom)</visible>
       <visible>!IsEmpty(Window.Property(LatestMovie.1.Path))</visible>
       <label>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.1.Title)]</label>
       <thumb>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.1.Thumb)]</thumb>
       <property name="ItemType">$LOCALIZE[20386]</property>
       <onclick>PlayMedia($ESCINFO[Window(Home).Property(LatestMovie.1.Path)])</onclick>
</item>
alexirsi: Thanks heaps man!!

Any hints on how to change the random episodes to random seasons and random albums for music?

Or even where i could find the right strings if you don't want to type it up.

Very much appreciated man!
No problem, glad it works.

You can find all the available labels here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...Infolabels

Random seasons could be a bit hard to implement. There's a "use seasons folders" option in the settings of the add-on, maybe that will help? I didn't try it out yet.
Thanks again man! The use seasons folders might be a new frodo thing, might be why i didnt see it.

for anybody else looking to do the same thing:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129053

Not supported in eden, but i'm waiting for the final version to openelec etc etc so it may be available then in frodo! (unless someone can confirm)
(2012-12-21, 02:10)pecinko Wrote: Quartz 4 is available from https://github.com/pecinko/quartz

Some quick changes to make skin Frodo compatible Smile

Thank you.

It is time to back to the Quartz.
Using Quartz 3 on Eden. How do I get the fan art and plot to show when I'm in my movie menu?
(2013-01-04, 06:40)bcxm Wrote: Using Quartz 3 on Eden. How do I get the fan art and plot to show when I'm in my movie menu?

Enable additional views in skin settings, then use side menu to switch view acording to your preferences.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-01-04, 10:30)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-01-04, 06:40)bcxm Wrote: Using Quartz 3 on Eden. How do I get the fan art and plot to show when I'm in my movie menu?

Enable additional views in skin settings, then use side menu to switch view acording to your preferences.

I've enabled it but I don't know how to bring up the side menu/view options. Moving my mouse to the left does nothing. Is there a keyboard shortcut?

Edit: Nevermind, got it. I press Left.
i'm not sure if this is because I am on a mac, but when I click on githubs zip icon in your repo it just downloads the entire master tree rather than providing a zip file. If i try to zip the data up that doesn't install, which I expected but figured I'd give it a try anyways.

EDIT: nevermind - apparently the safari browser doesn't handle the download properly. It appears that maybe it is extracting on the fly? whatever the case chrome worked just fine.
As a follow up regarding random seasons, i thusfar haven't found a solution, so that'd be a feature request from me! And maybe an easier way to implement random instead of latest Wink
Windows 7
Eden 11
Quartz

I have my movie media on a networked file server.

I have enabled Movies category and checked the Movies subcategories from the Settings > skin > Home menus customizer.

I can view and play all of my movies from Settings > Media Sources > Videos > Movies however it seems the home menu shortcut to Movies is not being updated to show movies as they are being added.

Please tell me what is needed to get this resolved
(2013-01-07, 18:01)DetrieZ Wrote: Windows 7
Eden 11
Quartz

I have enabled Movies category and checked the Movies subcategories from the Settings > skin > Home menus customizer.

I can view and play all of my movies from Settings > Media Sources > Videos > Movies however it seems the home menu shortcut to Movies is not being updated to show movies as they are being added.

Does not seem as skin related problem to me Smile

Did you use context menu to "update library" after adding new movies to your media sources folder/folders? (I think there's a add-on to automate this)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks for your reply.. I did use the context menu to update the library with no results.

I think I'll move this post to a general discussion group

Thanks
Detrie
@DetrieZ

And did you set content for your folders so that Xbmc knows what info to fetch and can populate new items in your library?
(2013-01-07, 04:41)capslock118 Wrote: i'm not sure if this is because I am on a mac, but when I click on githubs zip icon in your repo it just downloads the entire master tree rather than providing a zip file. If i try to zip the data up that doesn't install, which I expected but figured I'd give it a try anyways.

EDIT: nevermind - apparently the safari browser doesn't handle the download properly. It appears that maybe it is extracting on the fly? whatever the case chrome worked just fine.

Yes, either you disable auto unarchiving in safari prefs or try alt click.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-01-07, 18:01)DetrieZ Wrote: Windows 7
Eden 11
Quartz

just sounds like your library is not being updated. have you checked to see if the problem still exists when using confluence?
  • 121(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12